• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen 9 Legendaries - Discussion/Speculation Thread

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
That's what it seems to be. Essentially like the ride Pokemon in legends Arceus but I assume able to be caught once you earn the right to do so. The only disappointing thing is their typing has yet to be officially confirmed.
rumours which are truth at this point have them listed as

Fighting/Dragon and Electric/Dragon

I can't say I'm a big fan of Koraidon's Sprinting Build. With such a blatant wheel motif it seems rather odd to have it sprint on its legs instead. The only Koraidon build which appears to use the wheels is the Swimming Build, in which they are used as floating devices.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I like it. It means both Legendaries will have different animations for doing the same actions. It helps make them feel unique.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
I can't say I'm a big fan of Koraidon's Sprinting Build. With such a blatant wheel motif it seems rather odd to have it sprint on its legs instead. The only Koraidon build which appears to use the wheels is the Swimming Build, in which they are used as floating devices.
The weirdest part is that on the official art it actually uses the wheels to run and retracts its legs to form a pedal-like thing:
key-visual.jpg

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Funny that Koraidon runs on foot despite having wheels. But I guess that's part of its charm. I love its swimming animation though.

lolipiece

Staff member
So do we get the legendaries at the start of the game?
Likely we can ride them, but they can only be caught in the late game. Like the Latis in ORAS but switched around.

Rune Knight

Do you guys think the mascot legendries will receive different typings while in their different forms? Because I personally would find it interesting and want it to be the case!

Here is how I envision them:

For Koraidon:
  • Its base form would be Fire/Dragon.
  • Its sprinting build would be Fire/Ground.
  • Its swimming build would be Fire/Water.
  • Its gliding build would be Fire/Flying.
For Miraidon:
  • Its base form would be Electric/Dragon.
  • Its drive mode would be Electric/Ground
  • Its aquatic mode would be Electric/Water.
  • Its glide mode would be Electric/Flying.

Last edited:

Luthor

Do you guys think the mascot legendries will receive different typings while in their different forms? Because I personally would find it interesting and want it to be the case!

Here is how I envision them:

For Koraidon:
  • Its base form would be Fire/Dragon.
  • Its sprinting build would be Fire/Ground.
  • Its swimming build would be Fire/Water.
  • Its gliding build would be Fire/Flying.
For Miraidon:
  • Its base form would be Electric/Dragon.
  • Its drive mode would be Electric/Ground
  • Its aquatic mode would be Electric/Water.
  • Its glide mode would be Electric/Flying.

I can't help but wonder if we can only use it to battle in the form it is on the box and all other forms are out of battle only (essentially that's its battle form). Don't get me wrong it would be really cool to have legendary Pokemon be able to take on lots of different forms in battle too with different typings and I'd like to see it. I'm just not confident those are not just out of battle forms.

Manbis

seems weird that they made the decision to have the legendaries as vehicles from the start instead of eaning them in the endgame. I would rather have it like legends with different pokemon and then eventually earn the legenday being able to do all.

Orphalesion

seems weird that they made the decision to have the legendaries as vehicles from the start instead of eaning them in the endgame. I would rather have it like legends with different pokemon and then eventually earn the legenday being able to do all.

On the plus side, this gives us actually time to bond with the legendary and possibly involve it into the storyline rather than just ave it show up in the climax.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I know that people see Miraidon as a Tron bike, but I like how Koraidon just runs because it’s like a motorcycle from The Flintstones

aerial_ace

I am really disappointed in these two legenderies. Such good designs ruined by these rideable forms. After many years of cover legends being gods, guardians, heroes etc we now have a bike and a glider....the fact it is seemingly essential to use these to travel in Paldea if you are playing multiplayer your screen will be filled with legenderies which will definitely take away how rare and unique they are meant to be.

lolipiece

Staff member
These aren't even remotely close to being the first ridable Legendaries. And given you'll only see four of each Legendary max per multiplayer session, I say they're still pretty rare.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Koraidon's 'wheels are a throat sack and it's tail and honestly even though I don't like the idea in concept in practice it's okay and I really like how the 'normal' mode of Koraidon looks.

Alongside the X&Y ones it's one of the best looking box legends yet.

Akashin

I am really disappointed in these two legenderies. Such good designs ruined by these rideable forms. After many years of cover legends being gods, guardians, heroes etc we now have a bike and a glider....the fact it is seemingly essential to use these to travel in Paldea if you are playing multiplayer your screen will be filled with legenderies which will definitely take away how rare and unique they are meant to be.
How is that any worse than, for instance, joining a Max Raid and having all four participants throw out Zacian/Zamazenta or Eternatus? Does being made to see that other people have access to the Legendary really devalue it that much for you?

Personally, I love this. For all I loved Sun and Moon, one of my grievances was that it felt like we were a side character to Lillie's story (which is nothing against Lillie, don't get me wrong). Giving us Koraidon/Miraidon early and putting us front and center to whatever story surrounds them feels like a close enough match to what it would have been like had we been the ones bonded to Nebby. Giving us a chance to know and bond with the Legendary while still presumably maintaining their overall 'presence' sounds like a refreshing change.

Ultra Beast Lover

Yeah, while I did enjoy Lillie and Nebby's story, it did feel more like we were just her muscle. Sure, we bonded with Nebby but I would've liked to bond with it on a more personal level.

I also don't feel like the multiplayer ruins how unique these legends are. You're playing alongside other people with access to similar Pokemon, it's not like they wouldn't use these Pokemon. They're also not even actually there in terms of the actual game, sure they're there but no one's going to acknowledge the other players unless they serve a function like the Pokemon Center. I'm also not sure how their ride forms ruin anything. Their bodies don't change too drastically and besides that it's not as though these are the first legends to be made rideable.

Though, this might be more because I'm thinking of what this implies about Koraidon and Miraidon and their lore. Of the rideable legends we have Solgaleo, Lunala, Latios, and Latias. Lunala and Solgaleo didn't change their forms. Only Latios and Latias changed forms and we've seen that it wasn't entirely needed for travel. The fact that Koraidon and Miraidon can change forms, adapting to whatever the player needs, and seem to be physically made for humans. Also the fact that they presumably do this when you help them after what could be a crash landing, it could hold a connection to their lore. Of course, it's equally likely that it was just a design choice.