• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen 9 Pokedex - Discussion/Speculation Thread

Luthor

Yeah, I mean not COMPLETELY I guess, but definitely make them more than "Pikachu's cousins" in terms of design.

That makes sense I do think they can explore a bit more. Plus it would allow them all to join not fully evolved competitions which might allow them to be more useful.

Kangaflora

I wonder if we will get any new Regional Formes in this generation like we did in Generation's VII and VIII. That Alolan Raichu was one I fell in love with.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I wonder if we will get any new Regional Formes in this generation like we did in Generation's VII and VIII. That Alolan Raichu was one I fell in love with.

I mean we've had them in every game since SM, and they've introduced new ones in every game since then except LGPE and BDSP. Feels like they're here to stay at this point.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Though I'm hoping Meowth continues the trend and gets SOMETHING.

I find it being the mascot of regional variants to be a good idea.

Like I've said before, if the Meowth we saw was indeed a catchable in-game encounter then maybe Persian gets a Legends Arceus styled evolution like Ursaring.

Luthor

Like I've said before, if the Meowth we saw was indeed a catchable in-game encounter then maybe Persian gets a Legends Arceus styled evolution like Ursaring.

I wouldn't be opposed to a Persian evolution. It'd be quite interesting for a Pokemon with regional variants to get an evolved form for its original form.

Dragon Pulse

I disagree, I think you can still have a relatively small looking evolution that still feels like an iteration of its previous form. I actually think Perrserker looks a bit too short for a Meowth evolution, it's only 2 ft tall and it doesn't really feel like a major upgrade in appearance. In fact, when I first encountered one in the overworld I couldn't tell it apart and just thought it was a Galarian Meowth before it triggered a battle and I got a good look at its design. If they can get away with making an evolution like that, they can get away with Emolga being a Pachirisu evolution. At least you'd be able to tell that Emolga is a more advanced form because you know... it has giant wing flaps that allow it to fly.
I feel the exact same way with Ursaluna. I don't really see the need of Ursaring having an evolution, Ursaluna just feels like a variant of it instead of an evolution.

Also, does anyone wonder whether the Hisuian starters may be in SV? As the Alola starters were in SWSH I'd also expect to see the Galar starters.

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
I want to see the Johto, Unova and Kalos starters get more love and hope they’re in the Scarlet and Violet Pokédex.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I feel the exact same way with Ursaluna. I don't really see the need of Ursaring having an evolution, Ursaluna just feels like a variant of it instead of an evolution.

Also, does anyone wonder whether the Hisuian starters may be in SV? As the Alola starters were in SWSH I'd also expect to see the Galar starters.
I think that in terms of old starters we'll just get the Johto, Unova, Kalos, and Alola starters.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3

Really, this Pokemon got 2 regional forms, G max form and a new evo .
Meanwhile, some Pokemon got nothing at all. Like 99% of Kalos Pokemon

treatyofversigh

To be fair, Meowth is kind of a mascot Pokemon in its own right. Also, Kalos is still newer, comparatively, and there have only been two generations since it came out (not including SV, obviously, since we don't know enough about it yet). It introduced megas, and I do think it was silly that it didn't have a lot of gimmick-y stuff for its own gen. Gen 7 introduced regional variants and bc of the 20th anniversary of Pokemon, I think it made sense to focus more on early gen Pokemon. Gen 8 introduced variants of later gen Pokemon in both SwSh and Legends (I was particularly excited about the gen 5 Pokemon getting variants bc it's one of my faves), so they're getting there.

But seriously, Kalos is a more recent gen. Give it some time and it'll get more stuff. There's a good chance Kalos will get a variant or regional evo or two in SV, I think, since Sliggoo and Goodra got variants in Legends.

Edit: also Avalugg. I forgot Avalugg exists. It got a variant, too.

Last edited:

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Other Pokémon that have nothing include Meganium, Plusle, Minun, Primarina… you get the point. In the case of Meowth it got those things due to its overall popularity and status as the face of the regional forms. Kalos has Vivillon which has its own form based on where you actually are, Ash-Greninja, Furfrou, two Pokémon with regional forms and introduced what is the most popular mechanic in mega evolution. Kalos has plenty going for it given the small Pokédex it introduced. As I stated to you previously is that I don’t believe that there are many candidates for regional forms or other additions to its roster and that has a lot to do with the relatively small amount of Pokémon it introduced. I get that you like those games but there’s not much more that can be done for the Generation 6 Pokémon right now.

Luthor

Other Pokémon that have nothing include Meganium, Plusle, Minun, Primarina… you get the point. In the case of Meowth it got those things due to its overall popularity and status as the face of the regional forms. Kalos has Vivillon which has its own form based on where you actually are, Ash-Greninja, Furfrou, two Pokémon with regional forms and introduced what is the most popular mechanic in mega evolution. Kalos has plenty going for it given the small Pokédex it introduced. As I stated to you previously is that I don’t believe that there are many candidates for regional forms or other additions to its roster and that has a lot to do with the relatively small amount of Pokémon it introduced. I get that you like those games but there’s not much more that can be done for the Generation 6 Pokémon right now.

Admittedly gen 6 is a hard one. There's a few candidates that i'd consider. Clawitzer, Gogoat, Helipotile, Aromatisse, Slurpuff and Barbaracle.
These could get a regional form and/or an evolution as they are all only 2 stages and new typings or better stats (if an evolution) could make each at least more memorable. I've also seen some interesting designs for a Aegislash variant which while that's the pokemon with forms they did give Darmanitan a regional form and even a zen mode regional form so Aegislash is possible.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
There are endless possibilities for every Pokemon, and it all depands on one thing and one thing only - If GF wants this Pokemon to get something new.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
There are endless possibilities for every Pokemon, and it all depands on one thing and one thing only - If GF wants this Pokemon to get something new.
Endless? Yes. Practical? No. If any Pokémon from Kalos would be getting anything I would like to see more exclusive Vivillon forms or a second opportunity at the fancy and Poké ball forms for those who missed them years ago. And then maybe something for Chesnaught and Delphox so they have something to rival Greninja.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Endless? Yes. Practical? No. If any Pokémon from Kalos would be getting anything I would like to see more exclusive Vivillon forms or a second opportunity at the fancy and Poké ball forms for those who missed them years ago. And then maybe something for Chesnaught and Delphox so they have something to rival Greninja.
I do wish they went back to Pokémon who already have forms and add on to them like Vivillon & Rotom. Somewhat similarly to how they’ve added to subsets of Legendaries like the Regis or Kami Trio

Luthor

Rotomi and Rotom Drone would be welcomed additions to usable Rotom Forms.

Electric/Normal and Electric/Bug would work I think.

Yeah I'd be up for any new forms for Rotom. I'd really like a Electric/Dragon and and an Electric/Fairy one (I assume for now they'll all be electric types) but I'll admit Dragon and Fairy would hard designs to come up with. Not impossible though.