• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen 9 Pokedex - Discussion/Speculation Thread

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Breloom confirmed in SV dex.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I think it's their shared pre-evolution. In addition to Cyclizar, the new trailer confirms Cloyster, Tyranitar, Breloom, Magnezone, Gallade and Rotom's Wash forme. That brings the total to 122.
All of them were confirmed in prior trailers except for Breloom.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Which is great, because I don't think it's ever appeared in a regional dex outside of its native region. Another point for variety in the Paldea Dex.
Correct, Breloom was only in the Hoenn Dex until now. Seeing Cacnea gave me hope the Shroomish line would make it too, and those hopes were justified. Good to see they are focusing a lot on bringing back Pokemon that have gone on for huge droughts between regional Dex appearances!

Nave

Really hope the Hisuian forms are in the game.
Want to use an Ursaluna with Earthquake, holding Rocky Helmet, and Unnerve as its ability. I think Unnerve is an underrated ability, but Pokémon that have it always have something better, or they don't have the bulk to use it well. I know Bulletproof and Guts are probably better, but still.

Julia Artemis

We do know Hisuian Zoarark is in but other than that we don't know. I'm hoping all of them are in. I really want to use Wyrdeer and Basculegion

ShadowForce720

Really hope the Hisuian forms are in the game.
Want to use an Ursaluna with Earthquake, holding Rocky Helmet, and Unnerve as its ability. I think Unnerve is an underrated ability, but Pokémon that have it always have something better, or they don't have the bulk to use it well. I know Bulletproof and Guts are probably better, but still.
We do know Hisuian Zoarark is in but other than that we don't know. I'm hoping all of them are in. I really want to use Wyrdeer and Basculegion
Not seeing why they wouldn’t be, at least for the ones that have their original counterparts in the game. Also just pointing this but Ursaluna, Kleavor, and Wyrdeer are not regional variants as they are just straight up cross gen evolutions as they evolve from the standard Ursaring, Scyther, and Stantler, just like how Gliscor, Scizor, and Sylveon are cross gen evolutions.

Nave

Not seeing why they wouldn’t be, at least for the ones that have their original counterparts in the game. Also just pointing this but Ursaluna, Kleavor, and Wyrdeer are not regional variants as they are just straight up cross gen evolutions as they evolve from the standard Ursaring, Scyther, and Stantler, just like how Gliscor, Scizor, and Sylveon are cross gen evolutions.
Good point. I guess I used the wrong word, but I was trying to include Sneasler, Hisuian Zoroark, Hisuian Goodra etc.
I hope that they're catchable and have updated movepools, since the movepools in PLA were so scaled down.

Kangaflora

I read somewhere that Abra, Kadabra and Alakazam have been cut, which in my opinion is a real shame as Kadabra is literally my favourite Pokémon. But saying that, it appeared as DLC in Generation 8, so there is hope for it to appear in DLC this upcoming Generation as well.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Cyclizar!

Seems like it's related to Koraidon and Miraidon?
At this point it is a toss up whether it is like Cosmog/Nebby or a lore only thing similar to Carbink and Diancie (while Diancie is stated to be a sudden transformation of Carbink, Carbink in-game cannot become one).