• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen 9 Pokedex - Discussion/Speculation Thread

Ignition

As the journey continues

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
They should have already been on your list. Magnemite was in the first ever trailer. And Snom was in a trailer. And now Yungoos.
I knew it! Snom could been seen crawling on the ground for a few seconds in a close up shot. I distinctly remember the protagonist running past one in a side shot and Snom was a bit closer to the camera. It was a blink and you’ll miss it Pokémon much like the Vivillion in the first trailer.

Pokemon Power

They should have already been on your list. Magnemite was in the first ever trailer. And Snom was in a trailer. And now Yungoos.

Stop making this so complicated. When has the presence of a pre-evolution ever not lead to its evolution being in the same game. Galarian Meowth and Hisuian Sneasel were regional variants that evolved into different Pokémon, sure. But Magnemite clearly isn’t a regional variant. I’m not sure if the precedent has ever changed…. Even Scizor was in Legends Arceus despite introducing Kleavor.
The Switch remakes didn't have the evolutionary relatives of Pokemon that were around when the original games released. End of topic.
Anyways from the new cinematic trailer showcasing Ghost type Pokemon, we have spotted Mimikyu and some new dog Pokemon with a candle. I wish they'd give us a name.
EDIT: OK, it's name is Greavard.

Last edited:

Xanhawk

When has the presence of a pre-evolution ever not lead to its evolution being in the same game.
LGPE didn't have any evolutions that weren't in Gen 1, so Eevee didn't evolve into Espeon, Umbreon, Glaceon, Leafeon or Sylveon. Magneton didn't evolve into Magnezone. Scyther didn't evolve into Scizor. Tangela didn't evolve into Tangrowth. None of the Baby Pokemon were in the game either.

BDSP didn't allow Eevee to evolve into Sylveon. None of the Regional Variant Pokemon could be sent or be caught in this game either despite their original forms being available.

PLA didn't allow for non-hisuian versions of Pokemon other than Sneasle to be in the game so you could not get any of the Starter's original evolutions, Original Braviary, Avalugg, Qwilfish, Voltorb, Electrode, Growlithe, Arcanine, Basculins, Zorua, Zoroark, Sliggoo, Goodra or Liligant.

The precedent has existed since Gen 7 and was compounded in Gen 8. They have the capability to prevent a Pokémon with a regional variant or cross-gen evolutions to not allow those to appear if they disable them and we know they can disable specific forms of Pokemon from being available.

We are at an age in Pokemon where they can and have the capability to completely lock a Pokemon evolutionary line if they want to for any reason they choose. If they decide they don't want Perserker in the next game, they can make it so only Kantonian Meowth is available so that you cannot get either variant or simply lock Galarian Meowth and allow Alolan Meowth.

Next Gen they could have more Cross-Gen evolutions and lock the original evolutions out simply because they can. This is a possibility now. For the sake of how Pokemon Power wants to make their list, this is a valid concern even if you or I disagree with how they are conducting the creation of their list.

Pokemon Power

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Closing thread for now.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Closing thread for now.
Good call. It's unfortunate that some people here can't follow basic common sense rules. If a Mod gives a warning the best thing to do is just acknowledge the warning without being a smart ass. Move on and the thread gets to live another day. I understand it was only one person derailing the thread, but still...

Following the rules on this forum isn't rocket science, but I guess it is for some people.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Reopening the thread now. Let's stay on topic, shall we.

Pokemon Power

Third. I understand you all have your own opinions about this, but we shouldn't be arguing about them. Especially since we're getting close to launch and a potential datamine.

Copley Hill Gym

Regardless of what Pokemon are returning, I am psyched for the opportunity to capture (in theory) 109 new Pokemon. Largest generation for a while. I am aware there are some
Paradox forms of older Pokemon (with their own names - therefore technically old Pokemon)
but overall I am excited by what we have seen thus far.

I really, really want to see how Pawmi turns out. We have apparently been shown Pawmi3 in the leaks, but my view of that particular leak is that it looks more like a Pawmi2. I am hoping that the one we have seen in the leak is actually Pawmi2 and that Pawmi3 will turn out more impressive. The base design is so cool that it deserves to be equally impressive in its final form. I have in mind a "Gorochu" with Pawmi colouring which would be awesome, sort of righting a wrong that happened between gens 1 and 2.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Wow, this hasn't even been reopen for a full 24 hours yet and I already had to delete **** stiring posts.

No starting crap in here please. This is my final warning. I won't just lock the thread again. I'll hand out infractions. Common sense rules are easy to follow. It's not rocket science. I'm tired of being lenient and nice and certain folks still don't want to listen and follow rules. It gets incredibly old to deal with.

Carry on. Last warning.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
From what we've seen so far, I'm liking the Paldea Pokedex more than the Galar one, because a good number of my favourite Pokemon that weren't in Galar are returning like Pyroar, Gogoat and Florges. It's a shame there's no Golurk, especially since it's been in every regional Pokedex since its introduction, but I use it a lot in X, Y, Sword and Shield anyway, and by the look of it there are plenty of other good Ghosts to use.