• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen 9 Pokedex - Discussion/Speculation Thread

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I feel like Tauros needs to be included in the Pokédex (even if it’s just there and doesn’t get anything like a regional form). With Spain having traditions like bull fights & the Running of the Bulls, it makes the most sense for Tauros to be in this generation’s roster

Last edited:

Luthor

I feel like Tauros needs to be included in the in the Pokédex (even if it’s just there and doesn’t get anything like a regional form). With Spain having traditions like bull fights & the Running of the Bulls, it makes the most sense for Tauros to be in this generation’s roster

Yeah I'd be more surprised for it to not make the roster. I suppose they might not if they introduce a new bull Pokemon but to be honest it just seems easier to include Tauros or a regional Tauros.

Golden_Arcanine

Right now, we have 908 in the Pokedex. We got 151 new Pokemon in Gen 1, 100 in Gen 2, 135 in Gen 3, 107 in Gen 4, 156 in Gen 5, 72 in Gen 6, 88 in Gen 7, and 96 in Gen 8. 92 seems about right for the number of new Pokemon for this generation.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Right now, we have 908 in the Pokedex. We got 151 new Pokemon in Gen 1, 100 in Gen 2, 135 in Gen 3, 107 in Gen 4, 156 in Gen 5, 72 in Gen 6, 88 in Gen 7, and 96 in Gen 8. 92 seems about right for the number of new Pokemon for this generation.
Which would put it at three away from 1000. The last three could probably be Mythicals? I do think that number 1000 should be something really special, worthy of the number.

Golden_Arcanine

Which would put it at three away from 1000. The last three could probably be Mythicals? I do think that number 1000 should be something really special, worthy of the number.
If I had to half hazard a guess, I'd say the 1000th Pokemon will be some sort of mythical. Think we're going to get to 999 with all the SV Pokemon, 1000 will be a post-release Mythical, and maybe 1001 potentially as another mythical.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I believe that due to the impending shutdown of the 3DS eShop (and thus rendering Pokemon Bank inaccessible to all those who don't already have it) all of the Pokemon that were unobtainable in the Generation 8 games will be available here. These include:

Snivy Line
Tepig Line
Oshawott Line (in Legends Arceus, although it's impossible to transfer forward original Unovan form of Samurott)
Patrat Line
Elemental Monkeys
Blitzle Line
Sewaddle Line
Ducklett Line
Deerling Line
Alomomola
Tynamo Line
Meloetta
Chespin Line
Fennekin Line
Froakie Line
Scatterbug Line
Litleo Line
Flabebe Line (Already confirmed)
Skiddo Line
Furfrou
Hoopa
Pikipek Line
Yungoos Line
Crabrawler Line
Oricorio
Minior
Komala
Bruxish

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I believe that due to the impending shutdown of the 3DS eShop (and thus rendering Pokemon Bank inaccessible to all those who don't already have it) all of the Pokemon that were unobtainable in the Generation 8 games will be available here. These include:

Snivy Line
Tepig Line
Oshawott Line (in Legends Arceus, although it's impossible to transfer forward original Unovan form of Samurott)
Patrat Line
Elemental Monkeys
Blitzle Line
Sewaddle Line
Ducklett Line
Deerling Line
Alomomola
Tynamo Line
Meloetta
Chespin Line
Fennekin Line
Froakie Line
Scatterbug Line
Litleo Line
Flabebe Line (Already confirmed)
Skiddo Line
Furfrou
Hoopa
Pikipek Line
Yungoos Line
Crabrawler Line
Oricorio
Minior
Komala
Bruxish
I hope you’re right but I think we can all agree that Bruxish should just be forgotten

Nave

I hope you’re right but I think we can all agree that Bruxish should just be forgotten
I think Bruxish is an interesting Pokémon. Has 3 good Abilities, and learns Psychic Fangs from level up.
The combination of Strong Jaw and Psychic Fangs is cool because its name is based on bruxism--chronic teeth grinding and jaw clenching.
Dazzling is related to dazzle camouflage, and is an amazing Ability in Doubles.
I've never used Bruxish, but I think it's a cool Pokémon.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I think Bruxish is an interesting Pokémon. Has 3 good Abilities, and learns Psychic Fangs from level up.
The combination of Strong Jaw and Psychic Fangs is cool because its name is based on bruxism--chronic teeth grinding and jaw clenching.
Dazzling is related to dazzle camouflage, and is an amazing Ability in Doubles.
I've never used Bruxish, but I think it's a cool Pokémon.
Nope, because while you may not like Bruxish, there are some people that do like it.

I don’t think any Pokémon should be forgotten.
I should have added the jk because I agree no Pokémon should be forgotten, but it’s definitely a less liked Pokémon overall, no one can deny that

Muffin Man

So what's the breakdown of what pokemon can be used where? Is there a master list that shows which pokemon can be transferred into Sw/Sh, which can be transferred into the D/P remakes, which can be transferred into PLA, and which can't be transferred to any Switch game?

Ideally S/V should prioritize including whatever Pokemon are not yet transferrable to a Switch game. How many are there?

Last edited:

Golden_Arcanine

So what's the breskdown of what pokemon can be used where? Is there a master list that shows which pokemon can be transferred into Sw/Sh, which can be transferred into the D/P remakes, which can be transferred into PLA, and which can't be transferred to any Switch game?

Ideally S/V should prioritize including whatever Pokemon are not yet transferrable to a Switch game. How many are there?
Way too early to tell.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I feel like Tauros needs to be included in the Pokédex (even if it’s just there and doesn’t get anything like a regional form). With Spain having traditions like bull fights & the Running of the Bulls, it makes the most sense for Tauros to be in this generation’s roster
The thing is, if you have Tauros, you need Miltank as well. They’re basically counterparts at this point, and always appear in regional Dexes next to each other.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Knowing GF, Gen 1 Pokemon will surely get another special treatment. So I'm really curious which "untouched" Gen 1 Pokemon will be the beneficiaries this time. By "untouched", I mean those that don't have cross-gen evos, regional variants, Mega evos, and Dynamax forms. So far we have:

Nidoran line
Paras line
Venonat line
Psyduck line
Mankey line
Bellsprout line
Tentacool line
Doduo line
Seel line
Shellder line
Drowzee line
Goldeen line
Staryu line
Tauros
Omanyte line
Kabuto line
Dratini line

In Legends, they've began to branch out to Gen 2 Pokemon. So I'm really looking forward for Girafarig, Dunsparce, Shuckle, Delibird, Skarmory, Smeargle, and Miltank. I know some of these are gimmick Pokemon, but GF can be unpredictable.

Last edited:

Luthor

Knowing GF, Gen 1 Pokemon will surely get another special treatment. So I'm really curious which "untouched" Gen 1 Pokemon will be the beneficiaries this time. By "untouched", I mean those that don't have cross-gen evos, regional variants, Mega evos, and Dynamax forms. So far we have:

Nidoran line
Oddish line
Paras line
Venonat line
Psyduck line
Mankey line
Bellsprout line
Tentacool line
Doduo line
Seel line
Shellder line
Drowzee line
Goldeen line
Staryu line
Tauros
Omanyte line
Kabuto line
Dratini line

In Legends, they've began to branch out to Gen 2 Pokemon. So I'm really looking forward for Girafarig, Dunsparce, Shuckle, Delibird, Skarmory, Smeargle, and Miltank. I know some of these are gimmick Pokemon, but GF can be unpredictable.

The Oddish line technically has Bellossom. I'd be happy with any of those gen 1 Pokemon getting something though.

As for the gen 2 Pokemon you mentioned there's definitely a lot of potential there. They gave Corsola and Quilfish both a regional form and evolutions and evolutions to Stantler and Ursaring so at this point even the gimmick Pokemon could get something. Personally I'd really like Dunsparce and Delibird to get something.

MrJechgo

Maybe we'll finally get a Dolphin Pokémon.
I've heard that Japan instored some animal protection laws about dolphins, whales and other cetaceans (after Gen 3), and battling, defeating and capturing cetaceans all go against those laws. Even before that, there were some criticism about it. For instance, in the Japanese version of Super Mario World, Yoshi could swallow the dolphins, but in the NA version, that little feature was removed.