• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen 9 Pokedex - Discussion/Speculation Thread

Orphalesion

Probably due to lack of popularity. Venonat is probably one of the least popular Kanto Dex Pokemon so there was no rush to include it.

Most of the Kanto Dex Pokemon that were left out of every non-Johto regional dex for ages was some of the less ones (Paras, Bellsprout, Drowzee, Mankey, etc.). The only major exception is Meowth, which is a major anime mascot yet didn't reappear in a regional dex until Alola (and even then it appeared as an Alola variant, not the iconic Kantonian Meowth).
I mean I can totally see it, considering how forgettable/unspectacular they are (hence why I'd prefer a regional variant rather than the original) but I mean...even Jynx appeared in some regional dexes after Johto, even in the new Snap. And you'd think if there's one Pokemon they'd rather forget about it'd be Jynx.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I mean I can totally see it, considering how forgettable/unspectacular they are (hence why I'd prefer a regional variant rather than the original) but I mean...even Jynx appeared in some regional dexes after Johto, even in the new Snap. And you'd think if there's one Pokemon they'd rather forget about it'd be Jynx.

And there's also Porygon, which gave tons of kids seizures and yet got two evolutions and appeared in Alola and IoA to boot. It is kind of funny that the controversies haven't stopped those Pokemon from appearing.

ShadowForce720

Well they said for now we can use this topic for that.

On that topic...I finally want my Peacock Pokemon. Come on Gamfreak, I've been waiting since Pokemon Blue :confused:
I kind of feel like that if we do get a Peacock and Pokémon that it will be part Grass, Psychic, or Fairy type and it could also be part Flying type.

So basically these type combinations:

Psychic/Flying
Psychic/Grass
Psychic/Fairy

Grass/Flying
Grass/Psychic
Grass/Fairy

Fairy/Flying
Fairy/Psychic
Fairy/Grass

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
And there's also Porygon, which gave tons of kids seizures and yet got two evolutions and appeared in Alola and IoA to boot. It is kind of funny that the controversies haven't stopped those Pokemon from appearing.
My theory is that they made some kind of deal where Porygon isn’t allowed to appear in the anime, but in exchange, it can appear in the games.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
It would be interesting to know if there's any particular reason for that.
Personally I find them forgettable and never even noticed that they weren't in any dex except Kanto/Johto.

Though it'd be interesting to give them a regional variant. Maybe Bug/Psychic?

Or a Bug/Dark or Bug/Ghost variant fashioned after the death's-head hawkmoth:

So fun fact, back in gen1 I used Venomoth, and even though venom is in its name. Even though it was used in the poison gym, even though it was on my team!! I always forgot that it wasn't Bug/Psychic like all the way through gen1 and 2.

Also one of the first if not the first shiny I ever egg hatched, back in XY.

So yeah I'd love to see this line get a new regional form plus an Evo if possible. Bug/Psychic be fun, but might be one of those, "so obvious it won't happen" things.

Bug/Ghost or Bug/Dark could work well too. For some reason I imagine a muddy winged Bug/Ground type Venomoth.... Not sure why.

What if we got a regional Venonat that gets a new pupa stage then evolves into a third more powerful stage... Maybe a Bug/Dragon monster moth??!!

Trillion

i fully expect to see zubat, heracross, and absol

they've appeared in at least one of every region's dexes [since their debut]. i count hisui and sinnoh together since it's the same region. so even though absol doesn't appear in the hisui dex, it is in sinnoh's

other pokemon that meet the criteria are psyduck, magnemite, wingull, drifloon, and riolu. all of which are confirmed

there are some gen 5 - 8 pokemon that meet the criteria too but they've existed for fewer generations so i'm not sold on all of them returning yet. i do think basculin and goomy will return though. and zorua, clauncher, bounsweet, and stonjourner have already been confirmed

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I want as many kalos pokemon there
And new regional forms and evo for them

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
i fully expect to see zubat, heracross, and absol

they've appeared in at least one of every region's dexes [since their debut]. i count hisui and sinnoh together since it's the same region. so even though absol doesn't appear in the hisui dex, it is in sinnoh's

other pokemon that meet the criteria are psyduck, magnemite, wingull, drifloon, and riolu. all of which are confirmed

there are some gen 5 - 8 pokemon that meet the criteria too but they've existed for fewer generations so i'm not sold on all of them returning yet. i do think basculin and goomy will return though. and zorua, clauncher, bounsweet, and stonjourner have already been confirmed
Some of the Pokemon that are in Sinnoh's dex but not Hisui makes me hopeful that they'll get regional forms. Maybe the reason they don't appear in Hisui is that they don't actually originate in that region but come there at a later date from another place. At least I hope so. Gen 5 is likely going to be the next game to get remade, so I won't worry too much about not getting a lot of those mons, but I hope we get a ton of gen 6 mons, since it will probably be a while before those games are remade.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Some of the Pokemon that are in Sinnoh's dex but not Hisui makes me hopeful that they'll get regional forms. Maybe the reason they don't appear in Hisui is that they don't actually originate in that region but come there at a later date from another place. At least I hope so. Gen 5 is likely going to be the next game to get remade, so I won't worry too much about not getting a lot of those mons, but I hope we get a ton of gen 6 mons, since it will probably be a while before those games are remade.
I'm actually not sure Gen 5 is going to be the next set of remakes. It's been longer since HG/SS was released than Black/White, so I think another set of Johto remakes are likely within the next couple years. Unfortunately (at least in my opinion), I think there's a high chance they'll come in the form of Lets Go games rather than traditional remakes.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I'm actually not sure Gen 5 is going to be the next set of remakes. It's been longer since HG/SS was released than Black/White, so I think another set of Johto remakes are likely within the next couple years. Unfortunately (at least in my opinion), I think there's a high chance they'll come in the form of Lets Go games rather than traditional remakes.
Technically Unova is more inaccessible to players than Johto is, but that's because of the VC releases that won't matter after this year because the 3DS's eShop is shutting down.

Luthor

One Pokemon I'd like to see in these games is Cloyster. It suits the Spanish region (given how common oysters and shellfish can be) and to be honest I'd love for a regional form better suited to the warm environment (i've always found Cloyster to be an odd ice type and would love to see a new form). But even if it wasn't a regional form I still think it would fit.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I'm torn, I want Chatot in (make it early game pleas it's got horrible stats and doesn't need to be late game) but I also want a new parrot line.... I'm game for both!!

Muffin Man

It'll probably go like this...

2023: Scarlet/Violet DLC
2024: Let's Go Johto remakes
2025 (and maybe early 2026): Stuff with Unova (maybe they'll once again outsource the remake while making a brand new Legends game set in Unova, or maybe they'll go back to making remakes in house, or maybe they'll make Black 3 and White 3, who knows)
2026: Gen 10

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
It'll probably go like this...

2023: Scarlet/Violet DLC
2024: Let's Go Johto remakes
2025 (and maybe early 2026): Stuff with Unova (maybe they'll once again outsource the remake while making a brand new Legends game set in Unova, or maybe they'll go back to making remakes in house, or maybe they'll make Black 3 and White 3, who knows)
2026: Gen 10
There might not be another Let's Go game. LGPE might have been a one off designed to ride on the success of GO and recruit GO players into the main series.

Luthor

I'm torn, I want Chatot in (make it early game pleas it's got horrible stats and doesn't need to be late game) but I also want a new parrot line.... I'm game for both!!

I could see a regional form of chatot with an evolution. Its normal typing is useful for boomburst but its not like its essential and if it got an evolved form (with better stats) with the normal type replaced by something new I think that would be potentially very useful. I'd go with Dark based on the monk parakeet (as its its seen as a pest in Spain).

Orphalesion

How popular is Go these days?

There's more to it than that, though. What other Pokemon, especially Johtomon, have the universal popularity of Pikachu and Eevee?
Yeah Togepi is quite Popular, but not like Pikachu.
Or are you thinking more along the lines of "Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee 2"?

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
Anything is possible, I can't rule out that there will be a Johto remake first, but it doesn't make a lot of sense. The first four gens have already had remakes on one console or another and isn't the entire Johto dex available/transferable in BDSP once you obtain the National Dex? (I know we still have to wait for Home, but we will be able to transfer those mons eventually.) Everything beyond Gen 4 (Excluding Gen 8) is due for a remake at this point.

ShadowForce720

Anything is possible, I can't rule out that there will be a Johto remake first, but it doesn't make a lot of sense. The first four gens have already had remakes on one console or another and isn't the entire Johto dex available/transferable in BDSP once you obtain the National Dex? (I know we still have to wait for Home, but we will be able to transfer those mons eventually.) Everything beyond Gen 4 (Excluding Gen 8) is due for a remake at this point.
Well at this point since DLC seems to be basically replacing the 3rd versions/sequels, then the remaining games that could come out in gen 9 after Scarlet & Violet and their persumed DLC are the following:

Pokémon Let’s Go Johto
Pokémon Black & White Remakes
Pokémon Legends
a new type of main series Pokémon game.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Random thought, what if we go back to having a Normal/Flying regional bird this gen...... But one of the on regional birds comes back but with a variant that isn't Normal and is some other type combo...?