• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen 9 Pokedex - Discussion/Speculation Thread

Red and Blue

Random thought, what if we go back to having a Normal/Flying regional bird this gen...... But one of the on regional birds comes back but with a variant that isn't Normal and is some other type combo...?
Ice/Flying snowy owl regional Hoothoot and Noctowl please

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
Well at this point since DLC seems to be basically replacing the 3rd versions/sequels, then the remaining games that could come out in gen 9 after Scarlet & Violet and their persumed DLC are the following:

Pokémon Let’s Go Johto
Pokémon Black & White Remakes
Pokémon Legends
a new type of main series Pokémon game.

Just wondering, but why would you think a Johto remake would be a Let's Go game? I thought Junichi Masuda said they weren't making any sequels to that game back in 2020? At any rate, I think Detective Pikachu will come before we get another remake; but it's still Gen 5s turn when an actual remake comes up unless Game Freak decides Kanto should have another go. :p

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I thought Junichi Masuda said they weren't making any sequels to that game back in 2020?

The exact quote was that they aren't working on a sequel to these games "at the moment". For some reason people like to read way too deeply into comments like that and take them to mean that it will never happen ever when that's almost never the case (and if it is, most companies will say so far less ambiguously).

Luthor

Random thought, what if we go back to having a Normal/Flying regional bird this gen...... But one of the on regional birds comes back but with a variant that isn't Normal and is some other type combo...?

I think it would make a lot of sense to do that especially bringing back a regional bird with a new regional variant. So far the only flying regional variants are legendary or Pokemon that evolve at very high levels. Something usable for longer in a playthrough would be useful. Especially for the birds that aren't used as much.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Just wondering, but why would you think a Johto remake would be a Let's Go game? I thought Junichi Masuda said they weren't making any sequels to that game back in 2020? At any rate, I think Detective Pikachu will come before we get another remake; but it's still Gen 5s turn when an actual remake comes up unless Game Freak decides Kanto should have another go. :p
I'm not expecting any remakes this gen.

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
The exact quote was that they aren't working on a sequel to these games "at the moment". For some reason people like to read way too deeply into comments like that and take them to mean that it will never happen ever when that's almost never the case (and if it is, most companies will say so far less ambiguously).

Well, as I said, anything is possible but that quote is evidence more so against Let's Go Johto than it is for it. Even if it can't be 100% ruled out based on that quote it also can't be taken as a confirmation that they're making it.

Last edited:

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Well, as I said, anything is possible but that quote is evidence more so against Let's Go Johto than it is for it. Even if it can't be 100% ruled out based on that quote it also can't be taken as a confirmation that they're making it.

I didn't say it confirms anything, only that I think taking it as proof positive that LG Johto games aren't coming is just as fallacious. I think the first set of Let's Go games were a commercial success even if they're a bit controversial in the community, and I think it's very likely we'll see more games in the same vein in the future, with Johto being the next logical candidate as it's been the longest since we visited the region. Even if they aren't making Let's Go games, I would still stay another set of traditional Johto games is just as likely as Unova remakes, although honestly I'm not super interested in either one.

Orphalesion

So far the only flying regional variants are legendary or Pokemon that evolve at very high levels

It was a really weird choice to make G-Farfetch'd and Sirfetch'd pure Fighting types rather than Fighting/Flying types.

Pokemon Power

I'm not expecting any remakes this gen.
Well, I expect new Johto remakes this generation, then Unova remakes the following generation.

Anyways, since one of the big practices in Spain is dancing, what do you all say the chances are of Pokemon that like to dance, like Ludicolo and Maractus?

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I didn't say it confirms anything, only that I think taking it as proof positive that LG Johto games aren't coming is just as fallacious. I think the first set of Let's Go games were a commercial success even if they're a bit controversial in the community, and I think it's very likely we'll see more games in the same vein in the future, with Johto being the next logical candidate as it's been the longest since we visited the region. Even if they aren't making Let's Go games, I would still stay another set of traditional Johto games is just as likely as Unova remakes, although honestly I'm not super interested in either one.

Let's get back on topic. Discussion about unreleased games (Let's Go and so on) isn't allowed on the forums.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Well Sinnohian Starly is already confirmed in SV but a regional forms for its evolve forms is still on the table.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I could see Spearow and Fearow getting regional forms based on a crane and becoming part water and getting a new regional evolution similar to the Galarian Zigzagoon line. They do need a bit of a boost and having a second evolution for Spearow would balance out it being Pidgey’s counterpart.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I could see Spearow and Fearow getting regional forms based on a crane and becoming part water and getting a new regional evolution similar to the Galarian Zigzagoon line. They do need a bit of a boost and having a second evolution for Spearow would balance out it being Pidgey’s counterpart.
Considering Spearow line is my favorite Normal/Flying bird I'd love to see it get a regional, and while Water/Flying isn't a top choice of mine, I'd welcome it.

Personally I'd love to see it as a Rock/Flying, Electric/Flying, or Ice/Flying type. Ghost/Flying could be quite interesting as well.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

Considering Spearow line isn't favorite Normal/Flying bird I'd love to see it get a regional, and while Water/Flying isn't a top choice of mine, I'd welcome it.

Personally I'd love to see it as a Rock/Flying, Electric/Flying, or Ice/Flying type. Ghost/Flying could be quite interesting as well.
I figured giving it the Water typing and having it based more on a crane makes sense as there are cranes found in real life Spain and we don’t have a proper crane Pokémon and the bird is an important symbol is Japanese culture which makes the absence of a Pokémon based on a crane really really odd. Fearow already has the neck and beak of a crane but the body is a bit off and a new evolution for Fearow could make it this elegant bird that rivals Swanna in terms of beauty.

D

Deleted member 384931

I wouldn't mind a Water/Electric type with Grass Sapper as an ability or Levitate. Like gives us Pokémon with typings who are very hard to beat.

Captain Jigglypuff

I believe its because the heavy leek stalks prevents it from being able to fly. Was their reasoning.

G. Farfetch'd is 92.6 lbs holding the leek
Sirfetch'd is 257.9 lbs with the lance and shield.
I was thinking the same thing. There are also a few species of ducks that are flightless and domesticated ducks are sometimes bred to not be able to fly.