• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen 9 Pokedex - Discussion/Speculation Thread

D

Deleted member 384931

What Spanish animals could be turned into pokemon and what typings could they have?

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I figured giving it the Water typing and having it based more on a crane makes sense as there are cranes found in real life Spain and we don’t have a proper crane Pokémon and the bird is an important symbol is Japanese culture which makes the absence of a Pokémon based on a crane really really odd. Fearow already has the neck and beak of a crane but the body is a bit off and a new evolution for Fearow could make it this elegant bird that rivals Swanna in terms of beauty.

Sad fact, I just noticed that my original post had a typo and instead of saying is my favorite, it instead said isn't favorite.

I've spent a lot of time around birds with that body type so I 100% know what you're talking about and it is pretty darn close, possibly the closest we currently have. I'd love to get a new crane line, and I know some people think quaxley might evolve into one. Be it brand new and Evo of quack sleep or Regional Sparrow a crane would be phenomenal!!

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
I didn't say it confirms anything, only that I think taking it as proof positive that LG Johto games aren't coming is just as fallacious. I think the first set of Let's Go games were a commercial success even if they're a bit controversial in the community, and I think it's very likely we'll see more games in the same vein in the future, with Johto being the next logical candidate as it's been the longest since we visited the region. Even if they aren't making Let's Go games, I would still stay another set of traditional Johto games is just as likely as Unova remakes, although honestly, I'm not super interested in either one.
I actually really like LGPE, I still play it sometimes, but I think it would be harder to justify a Let's Go Johto since Let's go Pikachu is a remake of Yellow. If/when they remake Johto I'd wager it'll be a more traditional remake. (though I think that's a debate for a different thread.)

Even though we have been away from Johto longer, It already had a remake, and Game Freak has been more or less going in order since FRLG. If they remake Johto, it will have been remade twice. What makes me think we'll see Unova before Johto though, is that it started getting attention out of nowhere last year with Ingo and Emmette getting released as Sync Pairs in Pokemon Masters, the distinct lack of Gen 5 mons available in SWSH, and all the love it got in Legends Arceus. It feels like Game Freak is hinting at it. I'll be happy with whatever we get though, Gen 5 is my favorite, but I wouldn't be unhappy with Johto. Surprised? Yes...unhappy? No.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I actually really like LGPE, I still play it sometimes, but I think it would be harder to justify a Let's Go Johto since Let's go Pikachu is a remake of Yellow. If/when they remake Johto I'd wager it'll be a more traditional remake. (though I think that's a debate for a different thread.)

Even though we have been away from Johto longer, It already had a remake, and Game Freak has been more or less going in order since FRLG. If they remake Johto, it will have been remade twice. What makes me think we'll see Unova before Johto though, is that it started getting attention out of nowhere last year with Ingo and Emmette getting released as Sync Pairs in Pokemon Masters, the distinct lack of Gen 5 mons available in SWSH, and all the love it got in Legends Arceus. It feels like Game Freak is hinting at it. I'll be happy with whatever we get though, Gen 5 is my favorite, but I wouldn't be unhappy with Johto. Surprised? Yes...unhappy? No.
It's not true that there is a lack of Unova Pokemon in Sword and Shield. It is the most represented gen in the original Galar dex, even more than what Kanto got, and the only Pokemon with a G-Max form not to debut in Gens 1 or 8 are Melmetal (which debuted in a Kanto remake) and Garbodor.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
It's not true that there is a lack of Unova Pokemon in Sword and Shield. It is the most represented gen in the original Galar dex, even more than what Kanto got, and the only Pokemon with a G-Max form not to debut in Gens 1 or 8 are Melmetal (which debuted in a Kanto remake) and Garbodor.
Gen 5 also got the only single staged regional form in the games so far with Stunfisk which is also very noteworthy.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
And yet Doduo and Dodrio are flying types. There's also no realistic way Delibird should be able to fly.

The "flying" I believe they do is running really fast and doing gliding leaps on top of a Yoshi-like flutter jump. As shown in New Pokemon Snap.

Its also because its a gen 1 bird Pokemon and flying type was originally was called bird type and it needed coverage against fighting types.

As for Delibird

delibird-gif-8.gif

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
What Spanish animals could be turned into pokemon and what typings could they have?
For your viewing

Some I hope are these:

That Sprigatito will become an Iberian Lynx

I love to see a Genet Pokemon

A Chamois or Ibex line would be cool

Some birds like Flamingoes, Albatrosses or Frigatebirds would be really fun to have.

A Lammergeier or Bearded Vulture would be awesome though!!!

For reptiles we could get a living Gaudi's Lizard and although.

Animals that aren't in Spain that could still work are Iguanas and Peacocks.

I'm not going to think of typings cause Game Freak always goes left when you think they'll go right for typings.

Orphalesion

As for Delibird

delibird-gif-8.gif
That's why I said "realistically" ;) People where saying G-Farfetch'd and its evolution lost their Flying type because their onion swords are too heavy, to which I replied that by that idea Delibird shouldn't have it either, since it's wings are too small and useless to realistically allow it to fly.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
That's why I said "realistically" ;) People where saying G-Farfetch'd and its evolution lost their Flying type because their onion swords are too heavy, to which I replied that by that idea Delibird shouldn't have it either, since it's wings are too small and useless to realistically allow it to fly.
Ah I see your point.

Then again, where's the realism in Pokemon heh.

Pokemon Power

Gen 5 also got the only single staged regional form in the games so far with Stunfisk which is also very noteworthy.
Guys, WishIhadaManafi5 said that we should stop talking about what could potentially come after Scarlet and Violet, and get back on topic. I don't want this thread locked because people weren't listening to a moderator.

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
Yeah, you're right, I was wrong about that. My bad. I don't know why it feels like there aren't a lot of Unova Pokemon in SWSH.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
So a few lines I hope to see regardless if they get any regional treatment.

Exploud
Noivern
Golurk
Shroomish
Mankey
Spearow
Simisage
Trevenant
Centiskorch
Grimmsnarl

D

Deleted member 384931

After seeing a koala in Alola, and now an Indian elephant in Galar, I no longer restrict my speculation to the animals endemic to that region.
Completely understandable lol

Luthor

After seeing a koala in Alola, and now an Indian elephant in Galar, I no longer restrict my speculation to the animals endemic to that region.

In fairness through when in comes to the elephant the Pokedex entry gives an explanation "They came over from another region long ago and worked together with humans.". The fact that its mentioned as being an import makes it make a lot more sense as Elephants being imported to the uk from India did happen. Plus with the whole British empire connection to an Indian Elephant does make sense. There's also some Elephants in U.K. zoo's. So while its not endemic it is a logical addition. As such for gen 9 I wouldn't be surprised if we similarly see Pokemon that come from places that Spain and Portugal conquered in the past.

Last edited: