• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen 9 Pokedex - Discussion/Speculation Thread

Unlike Pokémon Sword, I can at least understand the lack of a full National Dex in this game; they're obviously putting more work into animation now, and the new textures are honestly gorgeous. It seems like they're also reworking the models of the Pokémon a bit.

That said, it's far from ideal and I really wish they end up making a main series title where all the Pokémon are back.
Yeah, it doesn’t make sense to have all pokemon be available in one game. It’s not like you can find all real life animals in one region.

I like for them to rotate different pokemons per region so it feels refreshing. Instead of seeing zubat for the nth region replace it with woobat. A lot of pokemon are underutilized.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Does anyone think we'll get a tomato-based pokemon?

Given the popularity of La Tomatina, I'm certain the game will have some reference to it. It would be quite fitting for a tomato-based pokemon to be the focus of the in-game festivity.

ShadowForce720

Regional forms have been in every new region since Sun and Moon. Plus, they introduced two regions that had regional forms this past generation. They’ve been widely popular as well. There’s no reason to think there won’t be.
It seems like the first regional forms for a region get revealed in August, so where probably going to wait until August of this year to see the first regional forms for the new region.

Interestingly enough while it wasn’t the case for the Hisuian forms, the first Alolan and Galarian form that were shown off were Pokémon that wound up creating a bunch of memes.

So I’m curious if that will be the case this time as well and which Pokémon will be chosen to do this.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Okay looking at this although it’s probably fake I think can sort of figure out some of it but some of the other stuff is kind of confusing. What do you think have you figured any of it out?
I think you can share your findings here:

Some od them seem in line with the SV guys "leaks":

Worst thing is Sprigattito going bipedal...

paipr_christian

grass type fan.

Disagree. Worse thing is Puss in Boots. I'm sorry this triggers me, cause I know it's a popular opinion cause of the Shrek movie portraying PiB as a Hispanic character (with Banderas voicing spoofing zoro aka an actual Hispanic character) But the actual story of PiB is Italian.

Orphalesion

Disagree. Worse thing is Puss in Boots. I'm sorry this triggers me, cause I know it's a popular opinion cause of the Shrek movie portraying PiB as a Hispanic character (with Banderas voicing spoofing zoro aka an actual Hispanic character) But the actual story of PiB is Italian.

Still, European Fairytales are generally known in every country.

But I agree, I don't want any Puss-in-Boots, simply because I don't like the character/fairy tale all that much.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Still, European Fairytales are generally known in every country.

But I agree, I don't want any Puss-in-Boots, simply because I don't like the character/fairy tale all that much.

Yeah, if anything just give us a zoro.

The dream is a grass/electric dandelion, with a yellow petal mane in absorb solar energy with and then converts into electricity.

Run up be a grass/rock lion with a castle inspired mane.

Orphalesion

The dream is a grass/electric dandelion, with a yellow petal mane in absorb solar energy with and then converts into electricity.
Yeah I remember the Dandelion has been both our dream for a couple generations now ;-)

IIRC I wanted to just call it Dandylion.

Last edited:

Luthor

Two Pokemon I suspect could make the dex is Binacle and Barbaracle. They are partially based on Goose Barnacles which are a delicacy from Spain as a seafood known as Percebes. Thematically they make some sense (even though I wouldn't recommend trying to hunt a Barbaracle). I don't think they will gain anything like a regional form or an evolution though part of me would like to see it just because i'd be curious what they could come up with.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Obviously we don't know much about the games yet, but I would like to know:

1. Do you usually plan teams in advance or do you just wing it in Pokemon games?

2. Are there any Pokemon that were confirmed in the trailer that you may want to use?
1. I usually don't start proper team planning until a good few Pokemon are confirmed to be in the game. I go in with a rough idea of what I'd like to have, but may change my mind as the game progresses.

2. So far Clauncher, Flabebe and Magnemite are the only confirmed Pokemon I want to use. I have rough team ideas of Sprigatito and Magnemite, Fuecoco and Clauncher, and Quaxly and Flabebe so far, but that will inevitably change the more we know about the Pokedex. Fir example if Sprigatito ends up evolving into a Grass/Steel-type I'll drop Magnemite from that team.

Orphalesion

Some od them seem in line with the SV guys "leaks":

Nice to see some supposed leaks. The twitter one is actually quite creative and I wouldn't mind some of that stuff coming true!

Disagree on your statment concerning Sprigatito, while I don't believe it at this point, that proposed evolution on the twitter one sounds awesome to me!

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Two Pokemon I suspect could make the dex is Binacle and Barbaracle. They are partially based on Goose Barnacles which are a delicacy from Spain as a seafood known as Percebes. Thematically they make some sense (even though I wouldn't recommend trying to hunt a Barbaracle). I don't think they will gain anything like a regional form or an evolution though part of me would like to see it just because i'd be curious what they could come up with.

I was a big fan of Binacle line, and if actually made my first playthrough team, so I'm always game for it being present. Super curious what they do to it if it ever got a regional form.

I just want more regional forms for pokemon from gen 5-7 and less from gen 1-4. The only kanto mon I would accept getting a regional form is Tauros.

Same when it comes to what’s included in the pokedex. I’m tired of seeing same pokemon like zubat and geodude.

I want to see less of gen 4 mon too since we just had BDSP and PLA give them a break.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I just want more regional forms for pokemon from gen 5-7 and less from gen 1-4. The only kanto mon I would accept getting a regional form is Tauros.

Same when it comes to what’s included in the pokedex. I’m tired of seeing same pokemon like zubat and geodude.

I want to see less of gen 4 mon too since we just had BDSP and PLA give them a break.
I wouldn’t mind Geodude or Zubat. It’s Tentacool that I want to be less common in the Wild. Golem and Crobat are pretty good Pokémon and Zubat can hold its own in battle pretty well and has some decent coverage moves. Plus Zubat has been becoming less commonly found in caves since the Woobat and Noibat lines were introduced. Tentacool on the other hand is constantly found in the water.

Last edited:

Ivannis

I would like to know how the fossils will be this gen.
They will return to the dual 2-Stage pokes format, or they will keep the Galar format combining two heads with two bodies making 4 different 1-Stage species?

In the first case, it could be interesting if they do a Rock/Ghost and a Rock/Normal ones.
In the second case, maybe a Fairy and Dark heads with a Ground and Steel bodies.