• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen 9 Pokedex - Discussion/Speculation Thread

ShadowForce720

Pre-evolutions I’d like to see are Tauros/Miltank, Lapras, Absol, and Tropius. Evolutions that I want are Dunsparce, Chatot, Dhelmise (preferably a ghost pirate ship), Mimikyu, and an alternate evolution for Ekans where it becomes an asp.
You know if we get new pre-evolutions for past gen Pokémon in Scarlet & Violet they might use some of the prevolutions from the Gold & Silver beta that never made it into the final game, of course if this happens they be redesigned.

Here is a list of Pokémon(if I miss one let me know) that had prevolutions in the Gold & Silver beta that never made it into the final game or any future games:

Tangela
Growlithe
Meowth
Grimer
Doduo
Girafarig
Goldeen
Vulpix
Ponyta

Also Weepinbell had an alternative evolution, and Farfetch’d, Qwilfish, Ditto, and Pinsir had evolutions that didn’t make it into the final game.

Now of course Pinsir receiving an evolution can be ruled out do to it having a Mega Evolution, unless we get a regional variant of Pinsir that has a evolution exclusive to it.

As for Farfetch’d and Qwilfish while the standard variants of them are still standalone Pokémon and could recurve evolutions in the future, I don’t expect them to get evolutions in SV do to the fact that they just got regional variants and those regional variants had exclusive evolutions to them.

As for Ditto yeah I don’t think I have to go into why it’s probably unlikely for it to get an evolution, although it would be pretty hilarious to see people’s reactions to it if they did actually go through and gave it an evolution anyway.

Weepinbell getting a alternative evolution is pretty much fair game though.

Last edited:

Orphalesion

You know if we get new pre-evolutions for past gen Pokémon in Scarlet & Violet they might use some of the prevolutions from the Gold & Silver beta that never made it into the final game, of course if this happens they be redesigned.

Here is a list of Pokémon(if I miss one let me know) that had prevolutions in the Gold & Silver beta that never made it into the final game or any future games:

Tangela
Growlithe
Meowth
Grimer
Doduo
Girafarig
Goldeen
Vulpix and Ponyta too.

Luthor

Tangela
Growlithe
Meowth
Grimer
Doduo
Girafarig
Goldeen
Vulpix
Ponyta

Also Weepinbell had an alternative evolution, and Farfetch’d, Qwilfish, Ditto, and Pinsir had evolutions that didn’t make it into the final game.

Now of course Pinsir receiving an evolution can be ruled out do to it having a Mega Evolution, unless we get a regional variant of Pinsir that has a evolution exclusive to it.

As for Farfetch’d and Qwilfish while the standard variants of them are still standalone Pokémon and could recurve evolutions in the future, I don’t expect them to get evolutions in SV do to the fact that they just got regional variants and those regional variants had exclusive evolutions to them.

As for Ditto yeah I don’t think I have to go into why it’s probably unlikely for it to get an evolution, although it would be pretty hilarious to see people’s reactions to it if they did actually go through and gave it an evolution anyway.

Weepinbell getting a alternative evolution is pretty much fair game though.

I don't think we can rule out Pinsir completely. I do think that if they wanted any of them to get full evolutions they will and Mega evolutions wouldn't stop it (even if Megas were still available). All they'd need to do is make them distinct so there's still a reason to use both. For example if Sableye were to get an evolution I'd expect it to be much more offensive. That way both are useful. That being said there have been so few cross-gen evolutions recently that are not seemingly regional in nature (either regional variants or regional evolutions) so it may be quite a while before it comes up with any of the Pokemon which has Megas.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I don't think we can rule out Pinsir completely. I do think that if they wanted any of them to get full evolutions they will and Mega evolutions wouldn't stop it (even if Megas were still available). All they'd need to do is make them distinct so there's still a reason to use both. For example if Sableye were to get an evolution I'd expect it to be much more offensive. That way both are useful. That being said there have been so few cross-gen evolutions recently that are not seemingly regional in nature (either regional variants or regional evolutions) so it may be quite a while before it comes up with any of the Pokemon which has Megas.
Yep. Currently it's just Sylveon, Wyrdeer, Ursaluna, and Kleavor that have been introduced since Gen 4. I believe that the Eviolite held item will be updated so that Stantler and Ursaring would now benefit from it, as they can now evolve.

Luthor

Yep. Currently it's just Sylveon, Wyrdeer, Ursaluna, and Kleavor that have been introduced since Gen 4. I believe that the Eviolite held item will be updated so that Stantler and Ursaring would now benefit from it, as they can now evolve.

I'd like them to be able to use the eviolite. The only issue could be if it can't evolve in-game. That can cause an issue as Pokemon like Meltan cannot use the item as it can only currently evolve in Pokemon go.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I'd like them to be able to use the eviolite. The only issue could be if it can't evolve in-game. That can cause an issue as Pokemon like Meltan cannot use the item as it can only currently evolve in Pokemon go.
Unless they make the Hisuian Evolutions completely unobtainable I can't see them not evolving in game.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I'm kind of wondering if all new Pokemon (forms/evolutions) from Legends Arceus will be in Scarlet/Violet.

It would be interesting to see the Pokemon in a more standard battling system (which I think the news games will have).

We know that H. Zoroark will be in the next games, so which others will be, I wonder.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I'm kind of wondering if all new Pokemon (forms/evolutions) from Legends Arceus will be in Scarlet/Violet.

It would be interesting to see the Pokemon in a more standard battling system (which I think the news games will have).

We know that H. Zoroark will be in the next games, so which others will be, I wonder.
I believe that all of them will be in the game, so that players will be able to use them in a traditional Pokemon setting.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
I believe that all of them will be in the game, so that players will be able to use them in a traditional Pokemon setting.
I believe and hope for this too. I been getting a handful of Pokémon up to level 100 in PLA in hopes of using them to battle in whatever Battle Tower-esque facility will be in the game.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty

It is a possibility though Ursaluna may be annoying to deal with if the game does not allow you to freely manipulate the in-game clock. Since the Liligant line was confirmed to be in it is safe to say you can bring H-Liligant into the game.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
It is a possibility though Ursaluna may be annoying to deal with if the game does not allow you to freely manipulate the in-game clock. Since the Liligant line was confirmed to be in it is safe to say you can bring H-Liligant into the game.
Ursaring could evolve easily into Ursaluna if the requirement was changed to happen only at night.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles

With H. Zoroark being originally shown next to the blurb about home support for SV, I believe that PLA forms will be able to be traded IN. With possible ingame trades at the most.

We will most likely see regular Arcanine, Electrode, Sneasel, Qwilfish, Zoroark, Lilligant, Braviary, Goodra and Avalugg in these games so their regional forms can be transferred in from home.

Petilil is already confirmed in the game any ways.

With Stantler its a move based evolution, so probably a Stantler knowing Psyshield Bash will be able to evolve naturally.
With Ursaring they bring over the Peat Block item and have it level up at night.
With Scyther you just need to bring over the Black Augurite in the game.

Orphalesion

I just really want to see Weepinbell finally getting an alt-evolution so that it can be a counterpart to the Oddish line again.
Though I assume since they seem to have used many of the scrapped Gold/Silver alpha Pokemon in Gen 4, they retooled Weepinbell's alt-evolution into Carnivine.

Luthor

I just really want to see Weepinbell finally getting an alt-evolution so that it can be a counterpart to the Oddish line again.
Though I assume since they seem to have used many of the scrapped Gold/Silver alpha Pokemon in Gen 4, they retooled Weepinbell's alt-evolution into Carnivine.

I'd like to see them do some to something with an alternative evolution for the line. If they did one I'd like to see them deviate from the Grass/Poison similar to how Bellossom deviates.

Last edited:

KKS-Lapras

I would like a twin species of Pokemon to the Litwick line, that is Ghost/Electric, starts out as a cute lightbulb, and ends up evolving into an electric chandelier similar to what happens in the Litwick line.

Orphalesion

I would like a twin species of Pokemon to the Litwick line, that is Ghost/Electric, starts out as a cute lightbulb, and ends up evolving into an electric chandelier similar to what happens in the Litwick line.
Sounds like it would make a fun regional variant tbh.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
I really hope every Hisuian pokémon/variant is available in SV, otherwise it might set a terrible precedent for pokémon to be introduced in different games/media and not be ported into the main games as soon as possible (imagine Togepi appearing in the anime but not being included in Gold/Silver and remaining an anime-only pokémon for a while).

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I really hope every Hisuian pokémon/variant is available in SV, otherwise it might set a terrible precedent for pokémon to be introduced in different games/media and not be ported into the main games as soon as possible (imagine Togepi appearing in the anime but not being included in Gold/Silver and remaining an anime-only pokémon for a while).
Yeah. The vast majority of Pokemon fans want to use these new Pokemon and forms in a more traditional Pokemon setting.

Noy

I think the real concern is if Alpha status is retained upon depositing into Home. It's basically a new version of shiny status, so it would be odd if it's not retained in some manner; even a ribbon would suffice (since ShSw had ribbons that gave titles for example.)