• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen 9 Pokedex - Discussion/Speculation Thread

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
This is the current gen representation stats:
Gen 1: 34
Gen 2: 32
Gen 3: 27
Gen 4: 30
Gen 5: 15
Gen 6: 20
Gen 7: 12
Gen 8: 17

vondecayle

I hope furfrou, gligar and the sawsbuck family make the cut for this games.

amoebo

amoeboVGC
Some pretty even distribution so far between generations. I can't fault them for putting in less of the prior 3 generations (as they are the easiest to transfer between games atm) and wish the lovefest would stop with Gen1 but I get it at the same time

Since Sawsbuck is in the game; I highly doubt we are going to be seeing Stantler/Wyrdeer in the main games. Perhaps in speculative DLC, but putting both into the game kind of defeats the purpose of one another.

Pokemon Power

OK, someone needs to show more footage from this Pokemon World Ecological Society event, because apparently, more classic Pokemon have been confirmed. The only piece of footage we got confirms the return of Wingull, along with the newly discovered Wiglett, which is similar to Diglett, but with enough differences that it's an entirely new species, not a Paldean form.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
OK, someone needs to show more footage from this Pokemon World Ecological Society event, because apparently, more classic Pokemon have been confirmed. The only piece of footage we got confirms the return of Wingull, along with the newly discovered Wiglett, which is similar to Diglett, but with enough differences that it's an entirely new species, not a Paldean form.

You can enter this yourself and it shows a few different biomes.

Pokemon Power

You can enter this yourself and it shows a few different biomes.
I found some footage. Diglett itself is present, along with Phanpy, Sandile and Krokorok.
EDIT: Some pre-release screenshots, though I don't know where they found them, confirms the Snover family and Applin. We are now at 159.

Last edited:

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
I found some footage. Diglett itself is present, along with Phanpy, Sandile and Krokorok.
EDIT: Some pre-release screenshots, though I don't know where they found them, confirms the Snover family and Applin. We are now at 159.
Not Diglett

An entirely new Pokemon called Wiglett

Think of it as the Marsupial Mole and Golden Mole. Almost identical animals but completely different species.

Pokemon Power

I thought Diglett was confirmed in one of the trailers. I thought I saw it in the background of a desert area that went by quickly.
How come whenever I ask for proof of the Teddiursa family in Scarlet and Violet, I get ignored? Come on guys, could someone PLEASE show me some kind of spotting of Teddiursa, Ursaring, or even Ursaluna in these games?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
How come whenever I ask for proof of the Teddiursa family in Scarlet and Violet, I get ignored? Come on guys, could someone PLEASE show me some kind of spotting of Teddiursa, Ursaring, or even Ursaluna in these games?
Maybe no one else saw it either? Hard to give an answer if you don’t have it. It’s not that serious; the main site is keeping track like always. Being aggressive and demanding is the worst way to ask for help.

EDIT:
At 2:43 in the most recent trailer, you can see the MC fighting a Trainer with A Teddiursa in the 4th picture in the 1st row. Now you can relax.

Last edited:

Pokemon Power

Maybe no one else saw it either? Hard to give an answer if you don’t have it. It’s not that serious; the main site is keeping track like always. Being aggressive and demanding is the worst way to ask for help.

EDIT:
At 2:43 in the most recent trailer, you can see the MC fighting a Trainer with A Teddiursa in the 4th picture in the 1st row. Now you can relax.
Thank you. And you're right, it is a little aggressive. Thing is I'm the kind of guy you wants to make sure every spotted Pokemon is present and accounted for. Anyways, we're now at 160.

Julia Artemis

So can't wait to get my Shiny Appletun in this game. Hopefully it will be Dragon Terra type because it might be really good especially since it has a Thick Fat

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Any Pokemon can be any Tera type, and there's probably a way to change them.