• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen 9 Pokemon - Discussion/Speculation Thread

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
It's pretty safe to say Cyclizar will evolve into the box cover Legendaries, but by the look of it, it seems to be more along the lines of Kubfu rather than Cosmog, by which I mean you can actually use it in a battle. It's nice that they seem to be running with the idea of giving pre-evolutions to Legendaries.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
The site says nothing about Cyclizar being Legendary and it's in-fact a common Pokemon that people ride like bikes. Maybe it's a close relative that evolved over time.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
The site says nothing about Cyclizar being Legendary and it's in-fact a common Pokemon that people ride like bikes. Maybe it's a close relative that evolved over time.
ye doesn't say anything but at the same time, the resemblance just seems....too coincidental.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
In a vacuum, I like Cyclizar. The design is cool and as a person who grew and lives in a place where you can't step in the street or in a backyard without seeing one of those lizards, I am happy to see finally a pokémon based on them (I have no idea how those are called in English, though).

However, in the context that Koraidon exists, it seems like a complete rehash of its concept except clearly inferior. I hope we don't have other pokémon in the dex that will look like "poor replacements" for the legendaries' modes.

Also hate the name.

EDIT: For people suggesting it is a Cosmog-like pokémon:
This Pokémon has lived in many households in the Paldea region since ancient times. It has a mild disposition, and people riding Cyclizar are a very common sight. It appears Cyclizar don't mind being ridden because the warmth of a rider helps stave off the cold.
source: https://scarletviolet.pokemon.com/en-us/pokemon/cyclizar/

It is definitely not a legendary. But if there is a connection between it and the legendaries it would fix the bad taste the design gave me.

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
None of them have really wowed me yet or made me go "YES! I absolutely need this pokémon on my team!," but I do like the Gen 9 pokémon's overall design aesthetic so far. They kind of feel like a blend between the cartoony designs of Gen 8 & the sleek/cool aesthetic of Gen 3.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Based on its description it does not seem Cyclizar will be in a similar boat to Cosmog/Nebby given the player is seen meeting the box legend in a previous trailer. Or it could be like Kubfu and something special is needed for one to evolve into a Koraidon/Miraidon.

Edit: Could also be a lore only thing like Diancie as Carbink cannot become one within the confines of the games.

Last edited:

Nave

Absolutely love Cyclizar. There is a charm to its simplicity.
Will be interesting to find out how it connects to Koraidon and Miraidon.
It is quite literally a normal dragon compared to the feathery dinosaur aesthetic of Koraidon, and the futuristic wyvern aesthetic of Miraidon.
Shed Tail seems like such a cool move, and having Shed Skin on top of that is a cool theme.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Absolutely love Cyclizar. There is a charm to its simplicity.
Will be interesting to find out how it connects to Koraidon and Miraidon.
Yeah, I have nothing bad to say about the design, it's perfectly OK, and I do like that it has its own version of Substitute that fits the Lizard motif. It will be odd if Cyclizar doesn't end up being a pre-evolution for the box cover Legendaries, why design it to look that way if it isn't?

Julia Artemis

I don't think Cyclizar is a pre-evolution but is more the ancestor of Miraidon and is a domesticated version of Koraidon. Like how we got dogs. But I don't think it will actually evolve into the box legendary

Ultra Beast Lover

I like Cyclizar, it reminds me of XLR8 from Ben 10, my second favorite alien from that franchise, right behind Rath before they butchered him. He even has the head shape, no wheels on his feet but he's a fast boi and I love him for giving me nostalgia. Still, despite that, out of the three bikes my personal ranking is: Miraidon, Koraidon, Cyclizar.

Can't say I feel particularly strongly about Grafaiai one way or another. The artwork looks fine but I don't really like the texturing on the in-game model. It's alright that it has fur that kind of resembles a hoodie, but giving that part of its body a plastic shine instead of fur texture is a bit too much for me since it makes it look like it is literally wearing a hoodie in-game.
I like its face though.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
i was thinking it may be an evolution of Smeargle but nope hehe. maybe it will be similar in concept
abilities are Unburden/Poison Touch

Already shown to just be using normal poison type attacks.

It may have a signature move, but its not going to be an overall gimmick Pokemon like Smeargle

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
I think i'd like Grafaiai more if it had regular eyes instead of the Green Blobs.

But i've only seen it for all of 5 minutes. I like Smoliv more than when i first saw it, for example. Happens a lot