• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen 9 Pokemon - Discussion/Speculation Thread

Red and Blue

Grafaiai looked a lot different than I imagined.
Reminds me a lot of Stitch from Lilo and Stitch. Which means it could have fit right in the Alola region, lol

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
They really seem to be investing a lot into the Normal-type this generation, Grafaiai is the third Paldea Pokemon we've see that has Normal as its second type. Regardless, the unique type combination is nice, the design is cute, and I like how its cry sounds like it's saying a part of its name "Ai! Ai!"
After watching the video I looked at the Pokedex leak again,
and it looks like Grafaiai is getting an evolution, which I'm happy about. Just going by the design I'd be worried it would end up as Paldea's Komala, but it looks like that won't be the case.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
They really seem to be investing a lot into the Normal-type this generation, Grafaiai is the third Paldea Pokemon we've see that has Normal as its second type. Regardless, the unique type combination is nice, the design is cute, and I like how its cry sounds like it's saying a part of its name "Ai! Ai!"
After watching the video I looked at the Pokedex leak again,
and it looks like Grafaiai is getting an evolution, which I'm happy about. Just going by the design I'd be worried it would end up as Paldea's Komala, but it looks like that won't be the case.
actually leaks point to it BEING the evolved form. With its prevo being similar to a mouse lemur.

aerial_ace

I REALLY like this little dude,apart from sprigattito it's probably my favourite so far from the small selection we have so far and it will probably end up in my team. Poison is one of my favourite types and i am glad we have another unique type combination. Two cool abilities as well and a potential for a really nice evo. Can't wait to use it !!

Nave

I like how Grafaiai looks in game, but the official artwork really shines for me. There seems to be a trend where we need to check the official artwork to really judge a Pokémon, because a short clip doesn't quite do it justice.
Unburden and Poison Touch are cool Abilities. Unburden is probably better competitively, but Poison Touch is cool flavour-wise.
Poison/Normal is an interesting unique typing, because it grants an immunity to Ghost, and mitigates a weakness to Fighting. So overall, it has 4 resistances, 1 immunity, and only 2 weaknesses.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
I think Grafaiai should be Psychic/Poison instead of normal.

Going with those who say it looks like something from Lilo & Stitch. Psychic whould fit the Alien thing more than Normal for the "Ai-Ai" Monkey

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
But it's not based on the Experiments, so why is that relevant. And even if it was, most of the Experiments don't even have psychic powers.

Orphalesion

It doesn't even look like an Experiment from Leelo and Stitch imo, the only similarity I see is the shape of the head (and that's pretty generic)

scififan21

I see the Stitch similarities but only with the ears and way it was running around to be honest .

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Playing Destroy All Humans, Grafaiai's eyes remind me of Cryptos too.

Grafaiai just looks like an Alien

aerial_ace

That ghost knight is amazing... The description on the official website is so cool as well. Don't like the other knight and the crab is a little bit meh. Violet exclusives are SO much better I can't remember last time version exclusive were so one sided for me. Team violet all the way