• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen 9 Starters - Discussion/Speculation Thread

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Unless they remove Dark's immunity, that combination makes no sense.

Dragon Pulse

considering how much GF seems to like the ghost, dark, fighting type trio; why don't they mix things up, by making the starters have those as main types, for one of these gens. That way they'd have more options for new typing pairs, for starters.

actually fighting, psychic, dark would work better.
The Kalos starters say hi.

Missingno.Fan

considering how much GF seems to like the ghost, dark, fighting type trio; why don't they mix things up, by making the starters have those as main types, for one of these gens. That way they'd have more options for new typing pairs, for starters.

actually fighting, psychic, dark would work better.
I don’t think they would ever use that for the primary types. It doesn’t work as a perfect circle because Dark is immune to Psychic, not resistant.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Rock/Flying/Fighting would probably be the best trio without repeating an existing starter type since they have resistances to each other.

Trillion

There was actually a fake rumour to that effect back I the Gen 4 pré-release days.
The dark type starter was some sort of puppy/fox thing, the fighting one a kangaroo and the psychic one.. I think some sort of dinosaur.
that takes me back. yeah the psychic one was like a yellow triceratops with blue stripes if memory serves correct. there was also another trio with the same typings. the fighting-type one was this humanoid looking thing. i forget the other two

i was like 10 years old back in those days. i was falling for rumors left and right lol

scififan21

i was referring to a different trio

dinosaur, kangaroo, and cat was one trio

then there was a completely different trio of which i can only remember one

edit: found it. it was humanoid thing, cow [?], and dinosaur
People really wanted a Dino looking starter back then didn't they. XD

Orphalesion

People really wanted a Dino looking starter back then didn't they. XD

Well, it's not like there wasn't any precedence for them; Chikorita evolved into a sauropod, the middle evolutions of Treecko and Charmander had similarities with raptors, Sceptile looked like a dilophosaurus and the "saur" ending in the English names of the Bulbasaur line made people think it was a dinosaur (or rather a prehistoric reptile/amphibian) as well.

Damjean

100% going for Sprigatito. The last days I was thinking what I hope that it will become. Eventually I thought that an agile Grass/Rock end evolution would be awesome. A sort of Lycanroc.

Espeonite

My only wish is that the final evolution looks cool, the past few gens have been hit or miss on design since gen 6.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
My only wish is that the final evolution looks cool, the past few gens have been hit or miss on design since gen 6.
I'm dreading that like Gen 8, they won't reveal the evolutions officially until after the games are already released. That unfortunately spoils a lot of people who chose a certain starter, have already started playing, and then had to find themselves resetting because they hated the design of the final stage.

Orphalesion

I'm dreading that like Gen 8, they won't reveal the evolutions officially until after the games are already released. That unfortunately spoils a lot of people who chose a certain starter, have already started playing, and then had to find themselves resetting because they hated the design of the final stage.

There will, hopefully, be a data leak next month.