• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen V Uber: "You got a killer scene there, man!"

Tbird

Nice shot, man
You Got a Killer Scene There, Man!

I'm a sporadic Ubers battler and enthusiast, so I figured I'd post my newest Uber team here.

Background
  • Gen V Uber Wifi
  • Played on Simulators
  • Assume Perfect IVs unless stated otherwise.

This team is built around Arceus' "Extreme Killer" set, hence the name. I'd always considered Arceus to be completely broken and had never properly used him, so this team was made with the process in mind to use things that I hadn't used before, or to use Pokémon that I had tried before but not had much success with. Basically, I made this team to expand my knowledge on a few pokémon and the current metagame.

Making the Team
493.png

As the team was to be based off of Arceus, he was obviously my first option on the team. I decided upon the Extreme Killer set, as its a set that has ruined many of my past teams.

493.png
150.png

The next pokémon on the team is Mewtwo, he is used to come in on fighting type attacks aimed at Arceus and set up on them. He is also another Pokémon that I'd deemed broken but had secretly always wanted to try out.

493.png
150.png
644.png

I realised already that I would need a way of getting passed Big walls like Lugia, Ferrothorn and Giratina as they would severely hinder both of my current sweepers. I figured Zekrom would be apt in dealing with this with his dual stabs nailing most walls pretty hard with coverage moves to hit the others.

493.png
150.png
644.png
598.png

I now needed a way to deal with the likes of SD Rayquaza / DD mence and Scarf Chomp. Ferrothorn seemed like an apt placement on the team for this. I also needed a way of getting Stealth rocks onto the field.

493.png
150.png
644.png
383.png

I then replaced Ferrothorn for Groudon, as most of the dragons run coverage moves just to take out Ferrothorn, and with ferrothorn down I'd be sans a wall. Groudon, however, is much more apt at taking physical hits and doesn't add to the fighting weakness, It also puts rain teams in an awkward position which is always nice. Not to mention the boosts it gives my fire typed moves which are abundant throughout the team.

493.png
150.png
635.png
383.png

I proceeded to replace Zekrom with Hydreigon for a number of reasons. First being I no longer needed him to check Kyogre. Secondly, with the walls running will o wisp and Reflect, breaking them wasn't always as easy as first thought, so using a heavy special attacker to bypass this was somewhat necessary. I'd also never had any luck with Choice Scarf set, so I was adamant about making it work on this team. Thirdly, It beats Wobbuffet.

493.png
150.png
635.png
383.png
134.png

With no rapid spinner I needed someone that could pass wish around quite easily, whilst also help with the Kyogre matter and aid in taking down the dragons without jeopardising one of my sweepers.

483.png
493.png
150.png
635.png
383.png
134.png

I then needed a lead and I figured I would just go with any old random Anti lead that could preferably use stealth rocks.

642.png
493.png
150.png
635.png
383.png
134.png

Darkrai and Deoxys leads started messing me up and I found that dialga wasn't being that great, usually just being foddered. So I decided for Thunderus as my lead, another pokémon that I'd not had much joy with in the past. It beats Deoxys leads and Darkrai leads ... and well pretty much every other lead too. I also changed the set of Groudon to add Stealth rocks. Thunderus also meant I got my Twave support back.

The nitty-gritty

Lead
642.gif

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Thundurus is my lead. I chose thunderus as he can shut down most leads consistently and because he can check set up sweepers such as Dragon Dance Salamence whilst also being able to break stall and help in removing Lugia. It's basically the standard lead set. the EVs ensure minimal damage from Stealth rocks and minimal damage from Life orb Recoil whilst hitting as hard and fast as possible.

Physical Sweeper
493.gif

Arceus @ Life Orb
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 44 Def / 212 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake

This is the Extreme Killer set. The idea is to switch on something relatively safe, like after Scizor has used Super Power, or a Choice locked move like Pursuit, use swords dance, ??? Profit. The EVs are a little different to the standard, mine is able to outspeed base 100 Pokémon like Palkia (who can do a bit of damage to the team) and thus outspeed the Standard Arceus set. The EVs mean I take minimal damage from LO and have a little physical defence to better take whatever I may take on the switch in. I am contemplating running Fire blast over Earthquake, however I can beat reshiram and heatran much easier with Earthquake.

Special Sweeper
150.gif

Mewtwo @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 128 HP / 244 SAtk / 136 Spd
- Calm Mind
- Psystrike
- Fire Blast
- Aura Sphere

Calm Mind Mewtwo is an absolute beast. This set can take down pretty much anything it might come across. Though Victini, latios and Latias all resist the set they can not take repeated +1 Psystrikes. Should they manage to take down Mewtwo, via Draco Meteor, they then give Arceus the perfect opportunity to switch in an sweep. Mewtwo is generally brought in on things like Choice Scarfed Terrakion / any fighter, set up CM and sweep.
The Evs are tweaked to what I believe make more sense. The HP give it enough bulk to never be 2HKOd by a +1 Dragon Claw from Dialga and also mean maximum Leftover recover. The speed is tailored to outspeed ScarfTar who is the only revenge killer that I can reliably outspeed, anyway. And the rest is thrown into Special Attack.
Pretty much unstoppable in the sun.

Support / Wall
383.gif

Groudon @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail

Groudon is my wall of choice, being able to reliably take on Rayquaza, Lucario, Zekrom and other physical attackers. His main purpose is to disrupt the weather and remove threats as quickly as possible, whilst providing Stealth Rock support to the team. I have chosen Dragon tail over Over Heat as it's more effective with getting rid of strong dragons that can cause my team trouble.
EVs = leftover number + as much bulk as possible.

Revenge Killer / Scouter / Mr Resistance
635.gif

Hydreigon (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 24 Atk / 252 SAtk / 232 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn

Hydreigon's main selling point on this team is all of his Key resistances to psychic, Dark and ghost which can hurt Mewtwo, Thunder aimed at Vaporeon and Water aimed at Groudon.
That being said, he is usually used to switch in on Giratina that switch in on my Mewtwo to revenge kill Mewtwo. Offencive varients get OHKOd after Rocks by Draco Meteor. That being said he's my first port of call when facing walls, as his hard hitting attacks and coverage hit pretty much every wall used in Ubers sans Blissey.
He outspeeds all base 95s with the given EVs and the rest is used for fire power. He does well at revenging Scarfed Reshiram, Spex Latis, Mewtwo, Victini and random choice locked pokemon.

Wish Support
134.gif

Vaporeon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Wish
- Protect
- Ice Beam

Vaporeon is my main check to things like Groudon and Kyogre. Kyogre can't touch me outside of thunder, and protect **CAN** help with that, in case of thunder, I bring in Groudon to change the weather back and dent what ever switches in next. I can also Use vaporeon to remove things like Mixmence. Scald works wonders in pretty much neutering physical attackers that could threaten my team. However, Vaporeon's main job is to just get wish passed around to my team as residual damage can build up. Plus with the team having a bulkier feel to it, it's nice to keep these guys at nice high HP so that they can better tank hits.

Closing Words
The team is still pretty fresh and not without its holes, so I came to you guys to get it rated and add improvements to it. It's currently coming off of a 7 fight win streak (well more than that, but I can't count the same guys twice :p) so it does function quite well.

**On Pokemon Online go into the team Builder and click "Import from text" Then paste the following**

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Arceus @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 44 Def / 212 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake

Mewtwo @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 128 HP / 244 SAtk / 136 Spd
- Calm Mind
- Psystrike
- Fire Blast
- Aura Sphere

Groudon @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail

Hydreigon (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 24 Atk / 252 SAtk / 232 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn

Vaporeon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Wish
- Protect
- Ice Beam

Spesh

Hey mate :D

Looks like a really good team!
I don't know much about Uber but wouldn't Mewtwo be better having Recover in there somewhere? (Just to make it survive longer) Though I probably saying that from a stall point of view.

And wouldn't Blissey be a better Wish passer? And if you can give it SR to free up a slot on Groudon? It is almost like a SkarmBliss but GrouBliss :3

Hope the best for ya :D

Take care.

Tbird

Nice shot, man
Cheers for the rate.

Mewtwo indeed would love Recover, but the lack of Coverage is noticeable. That's why I went for a bulkier EV spread, that little bit of longevity.
I am thinking of running a little more speed to get the jump on non-extreme speed Arceus, specifically Arceus Ghost.

Does anyone know what the standard Arceus Ghost set is so I can make some adjustments to beat him?

I also did think about blissey, too. However I need somewhere to put water and ice attacks from both ends of the spectrum. Scarf Palkia can really be a nuisance so I need to catch it when it uses an Aqua Tail, I can then safely pass my wishes else where. Not only that, but I have a little bit of a fighting problem as it is and I don't want blissey to add to that.

Cheers again!

Spesh

Ahh, I see :D
Uhm, I'm not sure about the speed on Mewtwo that is purely your digression as I haven't a clue what sets are run on Arcues (It's one I always overlook)

I have found one Ghost Arcues set that may help you:

(Arceus-Ghost) @ Spooky Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Judgment
- Flamethrower
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

I know this one is from a stall team (Yes I'm obsessed with them xD), it's build to stop fighting types and spinners and cripple Psys sweepers. (Obviously :3)
I can see what you mean about palkia and yes blissey would cripple your team with the fighting weakness, one hit and it's gone which means your wishing is denied, no shooting stars for you! :p.
I may have a bash at Ubers though it really isn't my area and i wonder if stall can work considering the amount of high powered threats! They can instantly cripple most walls >.>

No problem I'm always up for helping out a friend :D

Last edited:

Tbird

Nice shot, man
You seriously should give Uber Stall a try. I faced one yesterday and it annihilated me. Basically I need to find room for a spinner on the team :| Cuz I'm really quite stall weak, which I didn't realise.

So suggestions for a spinner any one?

Spesh

Hmm, you could try a surprise staller?
By that I mean Excadrill, most don't realise it's a spinner and could also function as a lead, however I'm not sure were it would fit in :L Other than that i don't know what would function well in ubers as a spinner.
I might, first id need knowledge on the uber meta game. :)

You helped a lot of people here, so its only fair I try to help you!

First problem I see is you have a grand total of zero Dragon resists. Dialga, Palkia, Rayquaza, Giratina-O, Reshiram and Zekrom ALL commonly run horrifyingly powerful mixed sets. Every time they let off a Draco Meteor something is going to die.

I would drop Vaporeon for an Evolite Chansey. It pairs EXTREMELY well with Groudon as Chansey can keep Groudon alive with Wish and Chansey laughs at the Draco Meteors and dragon based mixed attackers that currently shred your team. Vaporeon is also stupid on this team, you run Sun alongside a Water move? Just run Chansey. 252 Defense / 252 Special Defense Calm has a good chance of only being 3HKOed by Specs Kyogre Water Spout. Don't worry about a fighting weakness, Fighting moves are reasonably rare in Ubers.

Also your EV spreads are a little bit off.

Thunderus.. just max speed and special attack. LO and SR numbers don't matter because in a realistic game you're going to be attacked, or you will just 6-0 before LO kills you. If you want to try bulk a 252 HP / 252 Special Attack Life Orb set is pretty cool. Thunderbolt / Hammer Arm / Thunder Wave / Taunt or HP Ice also works great to hit Blissey with.

16 Attack on Groudon is doing nothing. Just max HP.

Otherwise the teams looks ok (I don't play much Ubers through). Like I said try evolite Chansey over Vaporeon since you are decimated by Special Dragon moves ATM. If Fighters are common for some reason just drop Sazandora for Scarf Latios or something.

Good luck ^_^

acetrainerdov

ToTW Br0's
nice team dude

Tbird

Nice shot, man
You helped a lot of people here, so its only fair I try to help you!

First problem I see is you have a grand total of zero Dragon resists. Dialga, Palkia, Rayquaza, Giratina-O, Reshiram and Zekrom ALL commonly run horrifyingly powerful mixed sets. Every time they let off a Draco Meteor something is going to die.

I would drop Vaporeon for an Evolite Chansey. It pairs EXTREMELY well with Groudon as Chansey can keep Groudon alive with Wish and Chansey laughs at the Draco Meteors and dragon based mixed attackers that currently shred your team. Vaporeon is also stupid on this team, you run Sun alongside a Water move? Just run Chansey. 252 Defense / 252 Special Defense Calm has a good chance of only being 3HKOed by Specs Kyogre Water Spout. Don't worry about a fighting weakness, Fighting moves are reasonably rare in Ubers.

Also your EV spreads are a little bit off.

Thunderus.. just max speed and special attack. LO and SR numbers don't matter because in a realistic game you're going to be attacked, or you will just 6-0 before LO kills you. If you want to try bulk a 252 HP / 252 Special Attack Life Orb set is pretty cool. Thunderbolt / Hammer Arm / Thunder Wave / Taunt or HP Ice also works great to hit Blissey with.

16 Attack on Groudon is doing nothing. Just max HP.

Otherwise the teams looks ok (I don't play much Ubers through). Like I said try evolite Chansey over Vaporeon since you are decimated by Special Dragon moves ATM. If Fighters are common for some reason just drop Sazandora for Scarf Latios or something.

Good luck ^_^

When you put it that way I guess I should give chansey a try. On paper I was scared of terrakion, though I've not seen as much of it as I had been led to believe, so I'll test it out and make the switch.

Cheers again buddy.