• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen VI starter: which one ya gonna get?

Which starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

master54100

I think I'll take fenekin, i usually always take the water type but i feel like a change, and at this point the last grass starter i liked was bulbasaur.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
Fennekin looks awesome, although Chespin looks promising. Idk what to think of Froakie, I'll just wait.

PokeAJ

Will need to see evo designs and typing, but just based on the first designs Fenniken is by far my favorite. Make it another fire/fighting type though and I swear I'm gonna write an angry letter to GameFreak! And the name sucks, imo.

Nat0704

Fennekin, I'm a sucker for fire Pokemon.

Well, I'm slightly leaning on chespin but it will depend on the evos really. I remember during gen 5, I saw snivy and thought it was awesome, but then I saw its evos and they were horrible (in my opinion at least), but yeah I don't mind picking any of them because they look better than the starters on gen 5 overall, gen 5 starters weren't all that good.

Adeku

Formerly Torterra14
Probably Chespin for Y version and Froakie for X version. I'll probably change my answers once we find out more info about the starters evolutions and movesets, and the various new Pokemon.

Last edited:

PokeAJ

Well, I'm slightly leaning on chespin but it will depend on the evos really. I remember during gen 5, I saw snivy and thought it was awesome, but then I saw its evos and they were horrible (in my opinion at least),
What!!! How can you not love the Serperior design!?!? Well, to each their own....

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Which ever one works best competitively. I don't know, maybe I'll mix it up this time. Generation 1 is was Charmander, generation 2 was Totodile, generation 3 was Mudkip (yes, I liekz), generation 4 was Turtwig, and generation 5 was Snivy. I think I'll balance things out and choose Fennekin.

ECM

My mind might change depending on their evolved forms, but for now, definitely Chespin.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
fennekin, mainly because i always start out with the fire starter when starting a new generation(heck sometimes even after i have started a generation if not all the time).

Canto

There's a 99.9% chance that I'll pick Fennekin, depending on what its evolutions look like. If not, probably Froakie.

RaichuArcanine

Hunting Sparkles
Probably Fennekin because it looks freaking awesome. Although Chespin is very adorable*snuggles Chespin*.
~RaichuArcanine~​

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Fennekin >>>>>> everything else tbh. I'm not here for Dewott Chespin and while Froakie looks interesting, it's definitely not enough to appeal to me.

Akko

Strawberry Sunrise
I'm so happy that we finally got a fire fox starter, I'm definitely going with Fennekin! Chespin is cute too

President People

Eat The Path
Froakie, I guess. Might end up choosing Fennekin, but I won't pick Chespin.

As it stands, I don't know any of their evolutions. The revelation of which will either change or solidify my decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.