• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen VI starter: which one ya gonna get?

Which starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

auteur

Fossil freak
I admit I didn't like Froakie much at first, and I considered leaving behind my water starter bias and just pick Fennekin. But Froakie is already growing on me, so I guess I'll choose it unless its final evolution is hideous.

Ludicoconut

Water&Grass Trainer
I'm heavily debating between Froakie and Chespin for my first playthrough at the moment...I traditionally start with Water but something about Chespin is just intriguing.

Star Champion AJ

My starter is going to be either Fennekin or Froakie

Fennekin: I always used a Fire-type in my playthroughs and Gen VI is not an exception to this rule
Froakie: I like frogs and I need a Surfer/Waterfaller (depends of its offensive stats since they are unknown atm)
Chespin won't be my starter because I'm not a big fan of Grass-type starters.

Anyways, my final decision will change as soon as I know their evolutions, final types and the other Gen VI Pokémon.

Last edited:

Dreamy

I'm going with either Fennekin or Chespin, more than likely Chespin, depending on their evos. of course

Chespin's color palette is more to my taste

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Too early for me to decide, since I know nothing about the new Starters or what pokémon will be in Pokémon X and Y. However despite me saying that I am leaning towards using Charmander, Chespin and Munchlax. All I need is a Water, electric and a random type pokémon and my team is done.

Master Leo

The Dark Side
Most definitely Fennekin, but all the starters look good. I must say, I've never been this excited for a pokemon game before and I've played since Gen I :D.

knetz07

The Forsaken
Fennekin looks promising. I usually pick the fire starters but the other two looks interesting as well.

Nyrholnen

i´m going to get both versions, and i will choose fennekin to the y version and froakie to the x version,i might consider trading chespin sometime.

Lluc

Not a Very Well-Known Member
I love Fenniken right now since it's a fox, my favorite animal but I haven't chosen a grass starter since Diamond. It'll either be Chespin or Fenniken.

Dylz

Trainer since 1997

Riversong

Buggy down.
This is the first time since Gen II that I've had a hard time choosing which starter to get, because all three are awesome. But I'll probably get Froakie since my sister is hell bent on getting Fennekin in her game. Or I might just pick Fennekin anyways since I haven't liked the last three fire starters. Hmm. Chespin is cute too.

Screw it I'm getting Froakie. I love frogs.

For the third generation in a row, it's the grass type that's caught my eye. 'Though time will tell if chosing Chespin is worthwhile. (I'm preying for a water or ground type gym early on) His appearance makes me think he's ground type, in which case I'd like him to have Sandshrewy moves in addition to Vine Whip, Razor Leaf and all the usual stuff.

Foxes and frogs have been done TO DEATH people! You can't deniy that.

landshaymin

Follow my lead.
I'm sure I will get Froakie. It's the one that looks best for me. And I'm sure it's evolutions will look most interesting.

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Well, when I first saw them I was definitely team Fennekin but now I'm starting to lean toward Chespin which is rare since I've never used a grass starter. There's something about Chespin.. I have a feeling its evo's are gonna be really awesome!

jwla

This is the first time since Squirtle that I have really fallen in love with the Water-type starter. Froakie it is! None of them look bad, and I may even get the second version so I can try the others out...

Foxes and frogs have been done TO DEATH people! You can't deniy that.

Uhhhhh... four foxes: Vulpix, Ninetales, Zorua and Zoroark. How is this "done to death"? Frogs I'll give you, though I don't count any of the tadpoles as proper frogs, and Seismitoad is a toad... (so that's three fully-formed frogs: Politoed, Croagunk and Toxicroak)

Last edited:

DSDark

Breeder
I've used Grass all the way up to this Gen. Honestly, I can't even tell what Chespin is. Froakie is a frog, it'll be like the Tepig of this gen, to my speculation.

I'll be taking my Fennekin, because I dislike the other two starters.

The common thought on Chespin is it's a chipmunk with a grass hat

Status
Not open for further replies.