• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen VI starter: which one ya gonna get?

Which starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buuz

Smash Trainer
I am going with Froakie, but if Fennekin is going to be something else than fire/fighting, i will pick Fennekin. I'll vote Froakie for now.

NotChip

®™
Gamefreak will troll and make the final stage for Chespin and Froakie Grass/Fighting and Water/Fighting, respectively. Whereas Fennekin will be Fire/Dark.

Now, with every new game I tend to pick the fire starter as fire types tend to be rare during the game. However, I break from this if on of the others is exceptionally awesome looking, like Turtwig in gen 4. Indeed, this time there is one that I really like - Chespin! It looks like it has a lot of character.

As for the others, Fennekin just seems too bland and boring, while Froakie just looks a mess.

Last edited:

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
Gamefreak will troll and make the final stage for Chespin and Froakie Grass/Fighting and Water/Fighting, respectively. Whereas Fennekin will be Fire/Dark.

What are the odds of that happening?

Mizz Nikki

Operations Director
Fennekin, definitely.

Lion Demon

Fairy Type Champion
Definately Froakie without a doubt! That Pokémon is just pure class in appearance! Can't wait for them to reveal their evolution forms!

La Mort

Think I'll be going with Chespin, although Froakie is growing on me and I've always hoped for a frog starter. I have ten months to decide. Fennekin looks nice enough but doesn't really appeal to me or excite me in any way.

I am going to avoid the evolution lines because it's much more fun playing through the game with the element of surprise. Here's hoping Chespin evolves into a badass!

BunniBear4

Pokémon Trainer
I adore Fennekin. I know I'm going to name him or her FireFox when I get X and love it to death. If Fennekin however get's horrible final forms for some reason I'd probably then go with Froakie (unless they reveal an even better water type then I'll pick Chespin). I like them all, but Fennekin is the one I love more than anything.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I was initially thinking Fennekin, but now I can't decide between that Fennec Fox based pokemon or the adorable Chespin! They're both so cute!

Spin Attaxx

2012-2013
Fennekin. I love the cute bugger.

I love Fennekin and Froakie. Not so much Chespin, but I may warm up to it.

Going with Fennekin though.

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
I'm waiting until I see the evolutions before I decide which starter I'm actually getting, but so far, Fennekin's my favorite. I love the other two, though.

I like them all, and I do want to see the evos, but as of now, Chespin. I hope it evolves into an assassin.

Status
Not open for further replies.