• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen VIII Pokemon for Ash - voting list

Vote which Pokémon from the gen VIII (Galar) has the best chance or opportunity to hit Ash.

• Rilaboom

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Corviknight

Votes: 33 54.1%
  • Centiskorch

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Coalossal

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Dragapult

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Hatterene

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • Zarude

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • Zacian

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • Urshifu

Votes: 31 50.8%
  • Boltund

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Well, were just gonna have to agree to disagree on this one. Ash is a pokemon trainer , and as such, he has impunity to catch whatever pokemon he sees as a companion. There has never been anything established in an interview or said within the anime that labels him as "that kind of character", to not be able to have a legendary, or those that are very powerful, such as Lugia.

We've seen the series evolved to the point where Ash has caught more and more powerful pokemon to add to his current reserve roster. Ash-Greninja, Goodra, Naganadel and Melmetal is what set the bar even higher, as Ash had now been developed as a skilled enough trainer to own powerful pokemon which could rival legendaries.

I'll mention again, that this is a world tournament arc, and Ash is competing with the best trainers in the world. Trainers participating in this tournament could included trainers such as Tobias who may potentially have pokemon that are soley legendaries.

Just because Ash owns a few legendaries does not make him unstoppable or less of an underdog if he's up against pokemon trainers who have the skills to defeat possibly any pokemon. The series has shown time and again, that just because a trainer owns a powerful pokemon, does not automatically make them less of an underdog, if they aren't very skilled in pokemon battles. Iris and her Dragonite are a perfect example of this.

What reason would there be for Ash not to have a legendary, if its been showns that he's now fully capable of commanding one, having had experience owning a psedu-legendary, ultra-beast, mythical and full evolved starters. He's now reached a point in his level of understanding pokemon, that he can even use aura, trigger a bond phenomenon, and even hear their deepest thoughts (lugia).

Again, the fact that Leon is the strongest trainer there is, is all the reasoning why Ash is considered an underdog, since he still is not skilled enough to defeat him. Him having a legendary will not usurp Leon's dominance as a strong trainer, especially seeing how Ash himself has defeated trainers with legendaries, which is a feat that can be easily accomplishable for Leon or any strong trainer.

Bottom line, here is the inevitable facts, the pokemon anime is breaking trends, and Ash "WILL" eventually own a legendary sooner or later to develop his story progression. Proof of this is his ascension to becoming a champion, after competing in many league tournaments, and the other mentioned example of having powerful pokemon he's caught over the course of the series , going from possessing fully evolved starters to pseudo-legendaries & going further to owning mega-level tier pokemon (Ash-Greninja), Ultra-Beast (Naganedel) and a Mythical (Melmetal).

By story progression logic, the next further step is him possessing his own Legendary; Lugia, Ushifu, etc.

We'll likely end up disagreeing on this, so yeah. There's no point going back and forth on this.

That being said, regarding your final paragraph, I'm not against Ash catching a legendary (honestly, in terms of status I consider legendary and mythical the same). I just think that box-legendaries are a step too far - since they're always portrayed as having powers that can throw entire regions into chaos. Kubfu into Urshifu would make a lot more sense and isn't something I'm against at all.

Are you implying that Zacian can Dynamax?

Well, I did say that I haven't finished the games... So... My bad. xD

*Currently at 8 badges and doing some Pokédex work. Still haven't touched IoA or CT.

Master Pikachu 11

At this point based on how Ash's team is stacking, I'm betting his next capture will be Zarude and Urshifu. Urshifu makes the most sense based on the tundra game promotion and Zarude based on the new movie that aired.

I picture Kubfu being Ash's next training Pokemon that he takes under his wing to build its strength after Farfetch evolves. However, I'll keep my fingers crossed, seeing how Ash already has two fighting type pokemon and a water type.

As for Zarude, I see no problem with Ash owning another mythical, since more than one of its own species (Zarude) are said to live together in the forest wild areas of the jungle.
Also, Ash is without both a grass and dark type pokemon on his new team. Him having a dark type feel is important as this will allow for him to counter physic type pokemon more effectively. Based on the typing of his current team, I'd say Ash has put together a good pokemon type group to counter nearly just about any other pokemon type.

His only handicap is against psychic pokemon, which I feel him having a Zarude helps, as it gives him clout to dealing with other pokemon type match ups. Zarude could also easily deal with electric type pokemon as well.

Corviknight in my opinion doesnt help add to anything, besides having a cool design. I dont think it helps much to diversify Ash's team enough.

However, I'm holding on that Lugia will be the final member of his team based on his connection with it in episode 2.
I disagree with Corviknight not adding anything new, right now Lucario is being treated as a fighting type more then a steel type. Sure Lucario can eventually get a steel type move or the writers can treat it like Gengar and it’s poison typing and not give it any moves for it’s steel type and continue to treat it as a fighting type like Gengar is treated as a ghost type. Ash getting Corviknight would give him a Pokémon that can act as his steel type for his team and could also showcase other flying type moves that Ash doesn’t have on his other Pokémon besides Dragonite’s Hurricane. With Rookidee appearing in both the opening as well as the Dracovish episode, I would be disappointed if that scene didn’t lead to anything. Plus I can see Dragonite bonding with Rookidee and taking it up as it’s mentor to help it get stronger.
Anyway, I agree with Urshifu and I hope that Ash gets it as I don’t care about type overlaps, I can see Lucario and Sirfetch’d having a role with Kubfu and all three being sparing partners.
As for Zarude, I am waiting for something to take place in the anime before I can be certain if Ash catches this Pokémon. I am not going to say what this something is because I want to see if it happens first. If and when it happens, I will share my theory on Zarude.

Mirage707

TPC simping for mobile cash shop money since 2016.
Hatterene because everyone will expect Chloe to get the cutesy Pokemons. Gengar is dead/MIA and Mimey is a butler with an attitude so Ash could use a strong Psychic/Fairy special attacker. The rest of the Pokemons are too much of the cliche Ash type captures.