• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen1 Pokemon that actually look good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bananarama

The light is coming
I thought Golbat's Gen. 1 design was alright. The R/B one was the best.

Chriiis

I'd have to say Aerodactyl, it's one of the ones that sticks out to me as not looking nearly as generic; It looks closer to it's real self.

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
^Yes indeed.

Blue's Mew sprite is cute. Green's...let's not go there.

jailo

Hitmonlee was good and if i remember right i think Lapras was alright aswell

Rayze Darr

Snubbull Supporter
Snorlax, Aerodactyl and Haunter all stand out to me as being pretty near-flawless sprites. They could easily be colored in and used in any of the GBA games with no complaints.

Lost Lore

Diving Deep
In Red/Blue: I like Ivysaur's sitting up pose- it's a shame they didn't do this in any more sprites afterwards. Fearow, Meowth, Rapidash, Seadra and Moltres (with its unusual style) are quite lovely, for such old sprites. And Golbat is getting an honourable mention because... well... it's certainly one of the more memorable sprites. If only for how outright bizarre it looks.

In Green: Pidgeot is getting a mention, deal with it. I happen to like its pose- the R/B one just looks like one of those wooden bird things that you often see tipping into a glass of lemonade. Ninetales is absolutely gorgeous and by far my favourite Green sprite. Fearow, Ponyta, Rapidash, Tauros, Jolteon, Flareon and Aerodactyl are all quite nice, too. And Mew does look a tad like some sort of alien creature, but the pose is interesting. XD

In Yellow: There was a serious step up in sprite quality. Everything looks pretty good, for the graphics at the time. Ninetales, Persian, Rapidash (for a third time- it just has some really nice poses and sprites!), Dewgong, Scyther, Lapras and Articuno are some of my personal favourites. Although I think my favourite overall is Dragonite- it just looks so determined!

Liz Azzimagica

Angelic Trainer
Pikachu in Pokemon Yellow as well as Mew's sprirt :p ^^

R/B Pikachu was such a little chubster I can't help but want to hug it.
Them Charmander IMO had the coolest sprite out of the starters which is why I chose it
Even Grimer I'm fond of because it.looks.so.happy lol

Golbat...nobody will ever forget Golbat O.O

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
I am okay with most Generation I designs, they don't really look that bad... Of course there were some pretty unoriginal and boring designs, but the same goes to every generation. That said, the designs I like the most are: Bulba/Ivy/Venusaur, Vulpix/Ninetales, Butterfree, Pidgeotto/Pidgeot, Pikachu/Raichu, Dragonair, Lapras, Vaporeon, Bird Trio and Mew.

Kanix

Blue's Cloyster and Haunter for sure. The older sprites looked a lot more mischievous, so they had more character to me back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.