1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Gen8 Fossil Pokemon, what do you want to see?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation 8 Discussion' started by paipr_christian, Jul 6, 2018.

1. paipr_christian

paipr_christian grass type fan.

Out of 7 generations only 2 have lacked Fossil Pokemon.

Gen 1 had 3 fossils.
    Gen 2 had 0.
    Gen 3, 4, 5, and 6 had 2.
    And Gen 7 had 0.

I'm hoping and assuming we will be getting 2 fossils this gen, and if we do the questions are;

What will they be?
    What types?
    Stats?
    Abilities?
    What's their 'fossil' named?

So sound off on your hopes for gen8 fossils, be as creative as you want. And feel free to talk about others (nicely) ideas.

2. landipan

landipan Well-Known Member

I want a Mosasaurus! I really like the one from Jurassic World xD

I also want an Eohippus, if not as a starter then a fossil would be awesome. Tho I'm unsure what it's evolved form would look like, maybe just a bigger bulkier version of it? It could be a grass type.

PocketMonsterRealm likes this.
  3. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

I suspect something similar to Gen 5 fossils, ie. a repeat of an old typing and a return of a old type combination in a new typing formation.

Another Rock/Grass and a Flying/Rock probably can work. As for BSTs I suspect same as Tyrunt/Amaura-lines.

4. i2i

i2i Big Bad Wolf

Make that two for Mosasaurs. Anyway other options I'll like to see:

Dunkleosteus
    Stethacanthus
    Dimetrodon
    Ichthyosaurs
    Leedsichthys
    Liopleurodon
    Hybodus
    Stegosaurus
    Iguanodon
    Therizinosaurus
    Parasaurolophus
    Spinosaurus
    Andrewsarchus
    Arsinoitherium
    Deinotherium
    Megalodon

5. paipr_christian

Just so long as it's not another (that be the forth) Rock/Water type. Maybe a Rock/Fire type that swims in lava. Or a Rock/Ghost that swam in oceans and through ground devouring the bones of the dead?

Rock/Ground could also work as like a sand swimmer or something. I'd say Rock/Flying and it be like a sky beast.... But again we have had 2 lines of that type.

I really want new /Rock combos not used in fossils used.

6. Bolt the Cat

Bolt the Cat Bringing the Thunder

I want to see them do something really unique and make a caveman fossil Pokemon. We've had several humanoid Pokemon before, so why not? Rock/Fighting would be a good typing for it.

7. buskalilly

buskalilly Well-Known Member

Much as I love dinosaurs, I'd like to see slightly more recent, mammalian fossils. Maybe a big Sumilodon and a Megatherium, something like that. Fluffy but toughy. Also, we need one more bear so I can make a team of six, so I'd take a big primeval bear Pokemon.

You're into some weird territory there, but it could kind of work. After all, DPPt started to hint that humans are related to Pokemon in some way, they could have evolved from a caveman Pokemon!

Minedreigon likes this.
  8. Bolt the Cat

Bolt the Cat Bringing the Thunder

Even before that though, we had Pokemon like Jynx and Mr. Mime that were humanoid, so a caveman Pokemon wouldn't really be out of place. While it would be a bit of a stretch for a caveman to be a fossil considering they've mainly been dinosaurs, it still fits the prehistoric theme so it would still make some sense.

Trainer Yusuf likes this.
  9. paipr_christian

I had an idea a while back for a Rock/Fighting caveman Fossil.

Club Fossil-->Pebbleye--->Cyclubs
    Rock/Fighting
    Technician HA:Sheer Force

HP:105
    Att:105
    Def:70
    S.Att:65
    S.Def:70
    Spd:103

Pebbleye, The One Eye Pokemon. This Pokemon lives in a rock hard shell with only it's limbs and it's single eye exposed. It's said that despite having only one eye Pebbleye was quite skilled in combat with it's rock club.

Cyclubs, The Club Tail Pokemon. Housing it's body in a large rock shell this absorbs many hits then strikes back with powerful force. Skilled at using it's tail as an extra arm it strikes foes with it's rock club being held by it's tail while holding foes in plays with it's arms.

10. buskalilly

I'm totally picturing Captain Caveman there! Which isn't necessarily a bad thing . . .

11. PocketMonsterRealm

PocketMonsterRealm Since Crystal

i want to see a stegosaurus
    but it would be nice for them to discover more things about fossils we didnt know about before. maybe they found a mummified version of something that they normally find fossils of instead.
    like if somehow the rock types of these fossils actually was something else before but its rock because its a fossil, so it would be cool to discover say one of the older fossils real typing.
    or something to expand on the fossils..

Fairy Queen likes this.
  12. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Well-Known Member

And there's that scrapped, caveman-like Pokemon from the Gold Beta. They could revive it for this.

Truth be told as far as fossils go I'd like to see them return to the very early organisms of the Cambrian and Pre-Cambrian/Edicarian age.
    I want a Hallucigenia and a Tribrachidium heraldicum.

PocketMonsterRealm likes this.
  13. buskalilly

Ooh, I like this idea! Similar to Alolan forms we could have "modern form" Kabuto.

14. Spider-Phoenix

Spider-Phoenix Go, Go Power Rangers

I want a Triceratops (Bastiodon technically qualifies but I want something that's the traditional triceratops lol), a velociraptor and a plesiosarus (although Lapras is technically qualifies too)

The Unknown Trainer likes this.
  15. shoz999

shoz999 Master of Disguise!

That's easy and I already thought of the perfect two Fossil Pokemon that would complement each other. A Sabretooth Tiger and a Mammoth!

Sabretooth Tiger Pokemon
    He has incredibly sharp steel-like claws and fangs. Unlike other Rock and Steel types, he has incredibly high speed and attack.
    Rock/Steel
    Mold Breaker Ability

Mammoth Pokemon
    He is essentially a Mammoth with psychic powers, having a glowing eye mark on his head. He's inspired by the Mammoth from Monster Hunter who has an armored eye plate on his head and this Pokemon causes Trick Room to activate instantly upon sent out, similar to the Tapus. He also quite tanky and hits hard physically.
    Rock/Psychic
    Trick Room Terrain Ability

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  16. paipr_christian

I had this thought last gen and discussed it in a topic on another forum... It got rosted. I do like the idea though. That the /Rock typing on some fossils is because of the fossilization and not their true typing. At least not for all.

17. PocketMonsterRealm

i was listening to someone on youtube share their thoughts on aerodactyl being a flying/rock type simply because it was a fossil and how Lance, a dragon trainer had him. He thinks that he was a dragon type instead of a rock type before they got wiped out and fossilized. he was also talking about an cpu calling aerodactyl's skeleton a dragon.
    i thought it was an interesting thought and it would be cool if pokemon expanded on the fossil pokemon in that direction.

18. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Well-Known Member

Funny...I had this idea last Gen as well and a couple other users (one of them an paleontologist) and me had a lot of fun with the concept... though I didn't call them "Modern Form Kabuto" but "Primeval Form" (I didn't play ORAS so it didn't occur to me that it might sound too much like Primal FormKyogre) or "Original Form"

Let's see if I remember our ideas:

Never had a good idea for Origin Form Kabuto/Kabutops...

Original Omanyte/Omastar: Pure Water -> Water Steel. Original Omanyte and Omastar have the shell curl over the heads and forwards, like modern reconstructions of ammonites. Omastar also has more/longer tentacles and that fleshy thing over the eyes.

Original Aeordactyl: Flying/Rock with rock spikes similar to Mega Aerodactyl

Original Lileep/Cradily: Grass/Water

Original Anorith and Armaldo: Bug/Water (That was before Alola where we got two excellent water/bug lines, but I still think it makes most sense for them)

Original Cranidos/Rampardos: Pure Fighting or Rock/Fighting.

Original Shieldon/Blastiodon: Pure Steel

Original Archen/Archeops: Either Fighting/Flying or boring Normal/Flying.

Original Tirtouga/Carracosta: Previously I couldn't figure out anything better than Water/Rock...but now I'm thinking Water->Water/Fire with a volcano in Carracosta's shell

Original Amaura/Aurorus: Ice/Fairy (due to the gemstones)

Original Tyrunt/Tyranitar: Dragon/Dark (due to it being very very mean/aggressive)

They could put them into something like a Jurassic Park or Marvel's Savage Land.

Also anybody have a good idea for Original kabuto/Kabutops?

19. Luthor

Luthor Well-Known Member

One fossil I have wanted since Gen 1 is the pre-evolution of Aerodactyl. It's a long shot but it seems like an easy way to connect the fossil pokemon through the generations.

20. PocketMonsterRealm

Opinion on what they would be,

Original Kabuto/Kabutops: bug/water

Original Omanyte/Omastar: water or poison/water

Original Aeordactyl: dragon/flying

Original Lileep/Cradily: water/grass

Original Anorith and Armaldo: steel/bug

Original Cranidos/Rampardos: steel

Original Shieldon/Blastiodon: ground/steel

Original Archen/Archeops: dragon/flying

Original Tirtouga/Carracosta: water/fighting

Original Amaura/Aurorus: fairy/ice

Original Tyrunt/Tyranitar: dark/dragon

Not a fossil but called a living fossil so if Relicanth ever had an alternative typing I would guess water/dark