1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Gen8 Fossil Pokemon, what do you want to see?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Shield Discussion' started by paipr_christian, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria Shiny hunter

Maybe that fossil can't be revived properly but then there could be a hidden ghost within the skeleton. Reviving it would reawaken the inner ghost and here we could have a Ghost/Rock fossil Pokémon.

2. paipr_christian

paipr_christian grass type fan.

That almost sounds like a mythical event. Bring a "certain Fossil" to the Fossil reviver. The person says they will be right back, screen fades to black to 'transition' but then a scream lets out, and the person runs out saying something is wrong.

Battle screen starts and you have to battle/capture this special Pokemon.

3. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria Shiny hunter

Well that could make sense in the way the Pokémon appears to be inert as a pile of bones as soon as it is revived but suddenly comes to life and joins together to form a full skeleton, causing the person to run away and triggering the battle.

I've been thinking it could collapse into a pile of bones while asleep and once it wakes up, the bones join together to become the skeleton of the original fossil.

4. Kung Fu Ferret

Kung Fu Ferret The Next God

I had this idea once, where the fossil Pokemon had some sort of medieval/mythical weaponry incorporated into their design.

Rock/electric doedicurus with inspiration from Mjolnir would be a great example

5. pokedigijedi

pokedigijedi Saiyan Jedi

Too name a few:

Velociraptor

Spinosaurus

Allosaurus

Iguanadon

Parasaurolophus

Dimetrodon

Stegogsaur

Gallimimus

Their are too many good choices, the list goes on and on

6. Entweeb

Entweeb Active Member

I want to see a fossil of a Coelophysis bauri.

7. Argentarus

Argentarus Introducing Pokemon SOwOrd and ShUwUield

Oh look, Charlie. It's a Liopleurodon.

Kung Fu Ferret likes this.
  8. paipr_christian

Like Mosasaurus, I'd be game, just so long as it's not Rock/Water. We have enough fossils of that variety for now. Maybe a Rock/Fire or heck Rock/Ghost one could work?

9. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member Moderator

I’d like to see a sabertooth tiger and giant sloth as Fossil Pokémon.

10. Kung Fu Ferret

Kung Fu Ferret The Next God

A saber-toothed cat would be great.

Maybe fossils based on Australian megafauna like Thylacoleo, Diprotodon, Genyornis, Megalania, etc.

11. Storm the Lycanroc

Storm the Lycanroc Unova Bound

I agree that having a Pokemon based off a prehistoric mammal would be a nice change. Because after all these years they've drawn inspiration from a variety of things except mammals.

Kung Fu Ferret likes this.
  12. paipr_christian

I'd expect it to end up being one of the fastest Rock types too which with a decent attack stat, could be quite interesting.

13. JW1004

JW1004 Well-Known Member

It would be cool to get a duo of fossils based on mammals that start out as part rock type, but end up being completely revived once they evolve and replace the rock type with something else

14. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member Moderator

There are so many extinct prehistoric mammals to choose from too. A Fossil based on the Eohippus would also be interesting since it was such a small horse and could easily be one of the faster Rock Pokémon.

15. paipr_christian

A duo of mammal fossils could be fun for sure.

Obvious option could be

Woolly mammoth
    Sabertooth
    Caveman

For the Woolly mammoth I want to see one that has Skill Link and a dual typing to really enjoy that ability, so Rock/Grass, Rock/Ice, really anything that can combo to get double stab use from that Skill Link.

The sabertooth has plenty of options, I think the most obvious is Rock/Dark with Crunch and Strong Jaw. But for fun how about Rock/Electric with Tough Claws?

For the caveman I see one main option. Rock/Fighting and like Archen say it's the ancester of all Fighting type Pokemon.

agent9149 and DBK like this.
  16. SmilodonGracilis

SmilodonGracilis New Member

Cenozoic fossil Pokemon tbh.

Kung Fu Ferret and Trainer Yusuf like this.
  17. Sulfurian

Sulfurian Well-Known Member

Rock/fire or rock/ice spinosaurus please

18. Lucario At Service

Lucario At Service Calm Trainer

I know that it could possibly be the 4th Rock/Water fossil pokemon, but we haven't had a fish based fossil yet.

So, i was thinking of a Fossil Pokemon based on "Megalodon" (it would be bigger than even a Wailord).

Trainer Yusuf likes this.
  19. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

^True, but the only purpose it could serve would be to bridge Water 2 and Water 3 Egg Groups.

20. Shine

Shine Psyched Up Staff Member Moderator

I still think that we should see more fossils based on the popular dinos first, before moving to the less popular ones again.

We already got T-Rex, so I'd like to see fossils based on Velociraptor, Stegosaurus, Mosasaurus, Brachiosaurus, Parasaurolophus, Ankylosaurus, Spinosaurus, and Triceratops, and while this is not actually dinosaurs, Pteranodon/Pterodactyl too (yes, I know Aerodactyl exist, but Aero is not a proper representation considering it looks more like a wyrm/wyvern)

We already have Pachycephalosaurus, it's the Cranidos line ;)
    (And like you described, Rampardos has ridiculously high Atk but low/average Speed)

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018