1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Gen8 Fossil Pokemon, what do you want to see?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Shield Discussion' started by paipr_christian, Jul 6, 2018.

1. axelme

axelme Well-Known Member

icthyosaurus would work. i just want a fossil fish or marine mammal. that would be good. its a shame because gen 7 would have been the perfect time to have one. i'd love the cave bear to be the fossil. let's face it, we're gonna get a bear, maybe it will be.

2. Scammel

Scammel Well-Known Member

Icthyosaur, because she sells sea shells by the sea shore.

3. Arthropoda

Arthropoda Active Member

If there is no Iguanodon themed fossil pokemon in the UK themed region that would just be a crying shame. Bonus points if it starts off looking how people incorrectly believed it looked like (With its thumb spikes as horns) and then evolves into a more accurate version.

If we aren't doing the mesozoic and dinosaurs(and other extinct reptiles of the era) I would absolutely kill for a sort of Permian round of Fossil Pokemon:

Rock/Electric Dimetrodon

Rock/Poison Diplocaulus

Missingno.Fan likes this.
  4. Prof. SALTY

Prof. SALTY The Scruffy Professor

I just want a B I G B O I

5. PanchamSquirtle

PanchamSquirtle Well-Known Member

I want a Stegosaurus fossil Pokemon finally with a Rock/Steel typing.

6. DMB1985

DMB1985 Well-Known Member

I want to see a Stegosaurus but I would go with Rock/Electric typing with it's plates capable of conducting electricity and an electric signature move that sees it smashing an electrically charged tail against it's opponents causing damage and also raising it's own defence.

My second choice would be a Rock/Ghost Dromeosaur inspired Pokémon with a Ghost signature move that does damage and potentially paralyses the opponent.

7. Frostfall

Frostfall Well-Known Member

General fossil wishlist would be:
    A feathered raptor along the lines of dakotaraptor or maybe a little velociraptor fluff.
    Spinosaur
    Triceratops
    Icthyosaur
    Dimetrodon
    Thycaline (more recent and not a dinosaur, but cool)

Preferably with a helpful ability rather than a double edged sword ability that can hurt you under some circumstances. I would need to look up the fossil history of the area to see what would be more likely if they're doing one themed for the region, but that's my overall wishlist for every generation.

8. Archer Steele

Archer Steele Member

So of course I have the obvious wishes for an ankylosaurus (my faveourite dinosaur), stegosaurus and spinosaurus, as well as things like a terror bird, smilodon, basilosaurus, embolotgerium, megatherium, and glyptodont (my favourite ancient mammal), but I have a new idea.
    What if they made two fossil Pokémon with split evolution. So one could be a baby raptor that can evolve into either a traditional, Hollywood, scales raptor or a winged, feathery, flying raptor. And maybe another could be a baby chimp that splits into either a bigger chimp or a caveman. It could also be things like a baby elephant or moetherium splitting into a wooly mammonth and a deinotherium or a baby think splitting into an embolotherium or wooly rhino. There’s so many cool ways this could be done.

9. DSDark

DSDark Breeder

I would love a Sabertooth tiger and a Stegosaurus

10. It's not a fossil but Raikou is clearly a Saber tooth.

I agree with the people who want an icthyosaur, maybe one that evolves into a Mosasaur.

11. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Well-Known Member

Why is it so important that Raikou is a sabretooth tiger? We have heaps of Pokemon that are based on the same or very closely related species. Why is it so difficult to accept that some people just want a sabretooth besides Raikou?

12. Because they said it as if we didn't have one at all. I wasn't saying a fossil one would be bad; I was just pointing out that there is a Saber tooth Pokemon.

13. Pokemon Fan

Pokemon Fan Knuckle Trainer

Also, we only get a few fossil pokemon per generation (or none at all), so it'd be ideal for them to be based on something that currently has no pokemon equivalent. I'd be happy for a new sabertooth that doesn't take up a fossil pokemon slot though, so we can have a non-legendary one.

Rainbowdashtheawesome likes this.
  14. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Well-Known Member

I think it's safe to assume that both here and in the "new Pokemon" thread, people are aware of the Pokemon that already exist, and they don't always have to point out that they mean they want *another* Sabretooth/Owl/Insert Thing here.

15. Actually it might not be as obvious as you think in the case of Raikou. Many people are used to referring to the gen 2 trio as the "Legendary Dogs," so they don't realize that Raikou is clearly a cat.

16. KKS-Lapras

KKS-Lapras Well-Known Member

Have we had a Rock/Ghost Fossil Pokemon yet? I don't believe we had. Why oh why, that would make a ton of sense.

17. World Turtle

World Turtle Well-Known Member

Fun bit of trivia: England is where the word 'Dinosaur' originates from. The first official dinosaurs were Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, and Hylaeosaurus (an ankylosaur). So I'm betting on these three (well 2 of the 3).

If not them maybe some prehistoric mammals.

18. Zaide

Zaide Well-Known Member

I'd love for GF to go the "unexpected route" and give us a fossil based pseudo that is rock/ghost. I saw this concept when doing some Fakemon research and I absolutely love the design.
    [​IMG]

19. Nodame

Nodame Well-Known Member

20. Spider-Phoenix

Spider-Phoenix Go, Go Power Rangers

An actual Triceratops and a velociraptor are things I'd love to see as well. It's long past time we got those.

I'd also like another kind of Pteranodon but that's different from Aerodactyl.