1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Gen8 Fossil Pokemon, what do you want to see?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Shield Discussion' started by paipr_christian, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Luthor

Luthor Well-Known Member

One thing I would like would be a pre-evolution of Aerodactyl. Even since gen 1 I always wanted to see one and it would add an extra challenge to getting Aerodacyl if in this region it is found in a pre evolved form. I'm aware this is unlikely but I can only hope. Perhaps this one is found in an ancient amber or more directly from a fossil.

2. JW1004

JW1004 Well-Known Member

I would love to see the following and it being a trio this time like gen I
    Rock/Dark - based on the Andrewsarchus
    Rock/Normal - based on the Josephoartigasia

And additionally a special fossil that needs to be revived from a Golden Egg based on the tale of 'the Golden Goose', and also the Dasornis, It could be Rock/Fairy. It could on one side have moves like Play Rough, Peck, Drill Peck etc. But on the other side also play on the fairytale with having acces to Present, Payday, Lucky Chant etc.

3. paipr_christian

paipr_christian grass type fan.

Of those three I'd be most interested in the Hylaeosaurus being made into a fossil. Still love my idea of it being a Rock/Fire fossil.

And we have never really had a mammal fossil Pokemon so that be great.

Another majestic Amauraish line would be nice too. And a Rock/Fairy be an interesting way to do it. Although I think they need to avoid doing gemstones/jewels as the 2 Rock/Fairy Pokemon we have already have that theme.

Maybe combo that idea with the mammal fossil and base it on the skinny shrew, which is supposed to be the first mammal.

Nodame likes this.
  4. Shine

Shine Psyched Up Staff Member Moderator

Honestly, thinking about it, why there are only 2 fossils per region? Naturally, shouldn't there be more once in a while? It feels way too unnatural to always have 2 per region.

So I'd like to see us getting say, 4 or 5 fossil lines this time. And while I like the idea of using less known dinosaurs and ancient organisms, but now that they get a T-Rex out, might as well complete it and bring us a Triceratops, a proper Pteranodon/Pterodactyl, a Stegosaurus, a Brontosaurus, and a Mosasaurus.

5. Paraqua

Paraqua Beginning Trainer

Some ideas for fossil Pokémon bases:

Paleozoic:

Opabinia (A primitive marine arthropod from the Cambrium)
    Rock/Bug

Dunkleosteus (A predatory armored fish from the Devonian)
    Rock/Water

Gorgonopsid (A sabertoothed mammal-like reptile from the late Permian)
    Rock/Dark

Mesozoic:

None-dinosaurs:

Tanystropheus (A Triassic marine reptile with a rediculously long neck)
    Rock/Psychic

Henodus (A strange armored marine reptile from the Triassic)
    Rock/Steel

Kaprosuchus (A long-legged extinct crocodillian with boar-like tusks)
    Rock/Ground

Dinosaurs:

Parasaurolophus
    Rock/Fairy

Stegosaurus
    Rock/Steel

Oviraptor (With feathers)
    Rock/Psychic

Cenozoic:

Indricotherium (A giant hornless rhinoceros relative)
    Rock/Ground

Chalicotherium (A knuckle-walking relative of the horse)
    Rock/Grass

Entelodont (A rhino-sized carnivorous relative of modern day pigs)
    Rock/Dark

6. JLK2707

JLK2707 Well-Known Member

They should just have a triceratops Pokémon.

7. paipr_christian

Looks at Sheldon and Bastidon, "Do you to want to tell him or should I?"

8. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Well-Known Member

Nope. Just nope.

9. paipr_christian

How's that?

10. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Well-Known Member

1) Tri Cera Tops = Three horn Face. Show me the three horns in Bastiodon's or Shieldon's face. So Bastiodon, if it is a triceratops, is just about as a poor representation as Kangaskahn is of a kangaroo (though, scratch that Kangaskahn is still more terrible)
    2) Triceratops isn't the only species in the family ceratopsidae
    3) There could be more than one triceratops pokemon.
    4)Even Rhyhorn looks more like a triceratops than Shieldon.

11. paipr_christian

Lol oh that. Yeah I agree it isn't quite nailing the "tri" part of the name. But that kind of dino is what it's based on. Look at of few of it's names in other regions and you can see a few examples.

I do agree it be fun to have a more accurate rep of a triceratops, just like it be nice to have a more accurate rhino, and elephant, and plenty of other things.

That said to suggest that Bastidon isn't based on that kind of dino, just cause it's not a perfect representation...

12. Acer11

Acer11 Well-Known Member

My version of a Stegosaurus would be Grass/Rock

13. Acer11

Acer11 Well-Known Member

Rhyhorn looks more like a rhino than a triceratops

14. paipr_christian

I'd like to see it something more random, Rock/Electric or Rock/Poison.

15. Acer11

Acer11 Well-Known Member

But then it would be doubly weak to ground-type moves for either of those combinations. Besides, I'd imagine instead of spikes and plates on its back, I imagine plants and thorns.

16. Archer Steele

Archer Steele Member

I really miss the weird, not-so-smooth évolutions of past gen’s, like Magikarp to Gyarados, Remoraid to Octillery, Kabuto to Kabutops, - the two stages that take a massive leap when they evolve, not just small (insert animal species) evolves into larger (insert same animal species). It’s kinda boring. I’d like to see something like a small stegosaurus-like Pokémon evolve into a larger spinosaurus-like Pokémon. It would be strange in a real world context, but Pokémon could make it work with the plates fusing and growing into the sail. Or something like an ichthyosaur evolving into a mosasaur.

17. Archer Steele

Archer Steele Member

Also I’d love an egg fossil Pokémon that starts as a half-hatched pterosaur (kinda like togetic) and evolves into a giant (and I mean GIANT) queztalcoatlus.

18. ChavaWM

ChavaWM Active Member

Not sure if I've posted on here yet but I was reading about fossils discovered in the UK and dacentrurus was on that list and it's very similar to a stegosaurus and I've been wanting one for a while now! Baryonyx is on that list too, similar to a spinosaurus without the sail, if anyone saw Jurassic World 2, it's the dinosaur that comes out of that sewer pipe when the volcano erupts

.Aerodactyl. likes this.
  19. Gen82

Gen82 Well-Known Member

I think they should go with a pure rock Ankylosaurus like pokemon.

20. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Kanae, Keeper of the Gates Emblazoned

Has Stegosaurus been done yet?
    Fossils always have secondary types, so Rock/Ground, I guess.

Oooh, or how about a Rock/Fighting Australopithecus-ish thing?

Yeah, because Amaura and Aurorus definitely aren't 4x weak to Fighting AND Steel.