• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen8 Fossil Pokemon, what do you want to see?

Luthor

One thing I would like would be a pre-evolution of Aerodactyl. Even since gen 1 I always wanted to see one and it would add an extra challenge to getting Aerodacyl if in this region it is found in a pre evolved form. I'm aware this is unlikely but I can only hope. Perhaps this one is found in an ancient amber or more directly from a fossil.

JW1004

I would love to see the following and it being a trio this time like gen I
Rock/Dark - based on the Andrewsarchus
Rock/Normal - based on the Josephoartigasia

And additionally a special fossil that needs to be revived from a Golden Egg based on the tale of 'the Golden Goose', and also the Dasornis, It could be Rock/Fairy. It could on one side have moves like Play Rough, Peck, Drill Peck etc. But on the other side also play on the fairytale with having acces to Present, Payday, Lucky Chant etc.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Fun bit of trivia: England is where the word 'Dinosaur' originates from. The first official dinosaurs were Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, and Hylaeosaurus (an ankylosaur). So I'm betting on these three (well 2 of the 3).

If not them maybe some prehistoric mammals.

Of those three I'd be most interested in the Hylaeosaurus being made into a fossil. Still love my idea of it being a Rock/Fire fossil.

And we have never really had a mammal fossil Pokemon so that be great.

I would really like to see another majestic looking fossil Pokémon like Amaura. This time I want a Rock Fairy similar to this fanart I found https://www.pinterest.com/pin/73697...eb_unauth_id=2def8e26f3f5467c91fa2cf256a0fc8a

Another majestic Amauraish line would be nice too. And a Rock/Fairy be an interesting way to do it. Although I think they need to avoid doing gemstones/jewels as the 2 Rock/Fairy Pokemon we have already have that theme.

Maybe combo that idea with the mammal fossil and base it on the skinny shrew, which is supposed to be the first mammal.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Honestly, thinking about it, why there are only 2 fossils per region? Naturally, shouldn't there be more once in a while? It feels way too unnatural to always have 2 per region.

So I'd like to see us getting say, 4 or 5 fossil lines this time. And while I like the idea of using less known dinosaurs and ancient organisms, but now that they get a T-Rex out, might as well complete it and bring us a Triceratops, a proper Pteranodon/Pterodactyl, a Stegosaurus, a Brontosaurus, and a Mosasaurus.

Paraqua

Beginning Trainer
Some ideas for fossil Pokémon bases:

Paleozoic:

Opabinia (A primitive marine arthropod from the Cambrium)
Rock/Bug

Dunkleosteus (A predatory armored fish from the Devonian)
Rock/Water

Gorgonopsid (A sabertoothed mammal-like reptile from the late Permian)
Rock/Dark

Mesozoic:

None-dinosaurs:

Tanystropheus (A Triassic marine reptile with a rediculously long neck)
Rock/Psychic

Henodus (A strange armored marine reptile from the Triassic)
Rock/Steel

Kaprosuchus (A long-legged extinct crocodillian with boar-like tusks)
Rock/Ground

Dinosaurs:

Parasaurolophus
Rock/Fairy

Stegosaurus
Rock/Steel

Oviraptor (With feathers)
Rock/Psychic

Cenozoic:

Indricotherium (A giant hornless rhinoceros relative)
Rock/Ground

Chalicotherium (A knuckle-walking relative of the horse)
Rock/Grass

Entelodont (A rhino-sized carnivorous relative of modern day pigs)
Rock/Dark

Orphalesion

How's that?

1) Tri Cera Tops = Three horn Face. Show me the three horns in Bastiodon's or Shieldon's face. So Bastiodon, if it is a triceratops, is just about as a poor representation as Kangaskahn is of a kangaroo (though, scratch that Kangaskahn is still more terrible)
2) Triceratops isn't the only species in the family ceratopsidae
3) There could be more than one triceratops pokemon.
4)Even Rhyhorn looks more like a triceratops than Shieldon.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
1) Tri Cera Tops = Three horn Face. Show me the three horns in Bastiodon's or Shieldon's face. So Bastiodon, if it is a triceratops, is just about as a poor representation as Kangaskahn is of a kangaroo (though, scratch that Kangaskahn is still more terrible)

Lol oh that. Yeah I agree it isn't quite nailing the "tri" part of the name. But that kind of dino is what it's based on. Look at of few of it's names in other regions and you can see a few examples.

I do agree it be fun to have a more accurate rep of a triceratops, just like it be nice to have a more accurate rhino, and elephant, and plenty of other things.

That said to suggest that Bastidon isn't based on that kind of dino, just cause it's not a perfect representation...

Acer11

Some ideas for fossil Pokémon bases:

Paleozoic:

Opabinia (A primitive marine arthropod from the Cambrium)
Rock/Bug

Dunkleosteus (A predatory armored fish from the Devonian)
Rock/Water

Gorgonopsid (A sabertoothed mammal-like reptile from the late Permian)
Rock/Dark

Mesozoic:

None-dinosaurs:

Tanystropheus (A Triassic marine reptile with a rediculously long neck)
Rock/Psychic

Henodus (A strange armored marine reptile from the Triassic)
Rock/Steel

Kaprosuchus (A long-legged extinct crocodillian with boar-like tusks)
Rock/Ground

Dinosaurs:

Parasaurolophus
Rock/Fairy

Stegosaurus
Rock/Steel

Oviraptor (With feathers)
Rock/Psychic

Cenozoic:

Indricotherium (A giant hornless rhinoceros relative)
Rock/Ground

Chalicotherium (A knuckle-walking relative of the horse)
Rock/Grass

Entelodont (A rhino-sized carnivorous relative of modern day pigs)
Rock/Dark
My version of a Stegosaurus would be Grass/Rock

Acer11

Rhyhorn looks more like a rhino than a triceratops

I really miss the weird, not-so-smooth évolutions of past gen’s, like Magikarp to Gyarados, Remoraid to Octillery, Kabuto to Kabutops, - the two stages that take a massive leap when they evolve, not just small (insert animal species) evolves into larger (insert same animal species). It’s kinda boring. I’d like to see something like a small stegosaurus-like Pokémon evolve into a larger spinosaurus-like Pokémon. It would be strange in a real world context, but Pokémon could make it work with the plates fusing and growing into the sail. Or something like an ichthyosaur evolving into a mosasaur.

Also I’d love an egg fossil Pokémon that starts as a half-hatched pterosaur (kinda like togetic) and evolves into a giant (and I mean GIANT) queztalcoatlus.

ChavaWM

Not sure if I've posted on here yet but I was reading about fossils discovered in the UK and dacentrurus was on that list and it's very similar to a stegosaurus and I've been wanting one for a while now! Baryonyx is on that list too, similar to a spinosaurus without the sail, if anyone saw Jurassic World 2, it's the dinosaur that comes out of that sewer pipe when the volcano erupts

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Has Stegosaurus been done yet?
Fossils always have secondary types, so Rock/Ground, I guess.

Oooh, or how about a Rock/Fighting Australopithecus-ish thing?

But then it would be doubly weak to ground-type moves for either of those combinations. Besides, I'd imagine instead of spikes and plates on its back, I imagine plants and thorns.
Yeah, because Amaura and Aurorus definitely aren't 4x weak to Fighting AND Steel.