• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen8 Fossil Pokemon, what do you want to see?

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
But then it would be doubly weak to ground-type moves for either of those combinations. Besides, I'd imagine instead of spikes and plates on its back, I imagine plants and thorns.

Yeah, but meh. X4 weakness doesn't have to mean the worst thing ever. There are plenty of x4 weakness Pokemon that still do well.

I imagine for a Rock/Electric stegosaurus the plates could either absorb solso energy into electrical energy, or maybe the they could have like electricity arc from one to the next.

For Rock/Poison, I imagine the stegosaurus' plates are radioactive stones that glow.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I think an Irish Elk would be a cool and unexpected fossilmon! It could be either normal/rock, grass/rock, or ground/rock.
Fossils always have Rock as their first type, except for the Tirtouga line (which was probably just to not have a third Rock/Water line in the fossils). It's important that it's first because the first type is the type they get the most moves from.

Selky

Moving to Galar
Fossils always have Rock as their first type, except for the Tirtouga line (which was probably just to not have a third Rock/Water line in the fossils). It's important that it's first because the first type is the type they get the most moves from.

Tbh I totally forgot about how typing order matters in Pokemon when I made my post.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Tbh I totally forgot about how typing order matters in Pokemon when I made my post.

It doesn't matter though. Wish it would. Like better stab and resistances on primary type vs secondary type.

Selky

Moving to Galar
It doesn't matter though. Wish it would. Like better stab and resistances on primary type vs secondary type.

That's a nice idea! However, I just meant that TheWanderingMist pointed out how all fossilmons start with a Rock typing except one line; and I just carelessly listed out some possible typings for my Irish Elk idea with no regards to the order. I didn't mean that it has to be grass/rock or whatever--I just said it without thinking because apparently the rock type matters enough to be 1st.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
It does matter, actually. Flygon, for example, gets twice as many Ground type moves as Dragon type moves. The only time it doesn't matter is with Flying types, since that type was exclusively secondary until Gen V, and is still limited to primary on only 3 Pokemon, one of whom is a Legendary.

Grim712

'New Guy'
I still want to see a Rock/Poison Cone Snail pokemon revived from the Cone Fossil. Low speed stat because, well, it's a snail, mostly relies on the poisoned condition (not unlike Toxapex) and trpping moves, perhaps a new move that is based on it's barbed harpoon that traps and poisons the target.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
A stego with Solar Power, Sap Sipper, and/or Chlorophyll is sorely needed. Big defenses and a proclivity for fire and Grass moves like Flamethrower and Solar Beam. But pure Rock-Type. We need more of them.

I like the velociraptor idea people have been tossing out. Scyther, Hakamo-o, and Archeops feel pretty close, but something with Tough Claws or Reckless, and blazing speed is definitely missing from the fossil ‘Mons (Aerodactyl aside). Again, pure Rock, and let it get Bounce, Acrobatics, Lunge, High Kick, U-Turn, essentially the nimble moves. Low defenses of course.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
A stego with Solar Power, Sap Sipper, and/or Chlorophyll is sorely needed. Big defenses and a proclivity for fire and Grass moves like Flamethrower and Solar Beam. But pure Rock-Type. We need more of them.

I like the velociraptor idea people have been tossing out. Scyther, Hakamo-o, and Archeops feel pretty close, but something with Tough Claws or Reckless, and blazing speed is definitely missing from the fossil ‘Mons (Aerodactyl aside). Again, pure Rock, and let it get Bounce, Acrobatics, Lunge, High Kick, U-Turn, essentially the nimble moves. Low defenses of course.
Word. That would be pretty cool. We have a T-Rex with Tyrunt and Tyrantrum... so why not have a Velociraptor join in?

Shadowclaw191

Maw fossil
Rock Ghost type.
Based off the dunkleosteus and tongue louse...

So the first stage is the skull/armour plated head of the dead pokemon but a louse pokemon lives in it like a shell now.

Upon evolution, the louse goes into where the fish brain was and through evolution magic, can recreate the body of the fish, albeit a bit more bony and dead now becomes the fish pokemon.

Basically the lore behind this is that this fish pokemon has an associated louse parasite that lived in it, and upon death the louse DNA was the only one to remain(since it ate the fish)

So the fossil machine detecting more presence of louse than fish revives the louse, but as it has the memories of the fish pokemon and so it ends up wanting to become the fish.

This is basically a simple irony that the the parasite which killed off the fish, is the only reason that the fish gets to return as a pokemon.

Shadowclaw191

Beak Fossil
Rock Fighting type.
Dodo bird, evolving to a Terror bird.

Explanation. Dodo bird, is an extremely stupid animal. It just eats and eats and has no sense of danger thus amassing a lot of fat and body width.

But upon evolving the surge in energy unlocks the potential and turns all the fat into muscle and power. And it turns highly aggressive.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Beak Fossil
Rock Fighting type.

Explanation. Dodo bird, is an extremely stupid animal. It just eats and eats and has no sense of danger thus amassing a lot of fat and body width.

But upon evolving the surge in energy unlocks the potential and turns all the fat into muscle and power. And it turns highly aggressive.

That be kinda fun. I still prefer my old Rock/Psychic idea for a dodo bird though. We it's too smart. Like it rather solve the mysteries of the universe than defend itself. And it doesn't stare of into space cause it's dumb, but it's literally staring off I to space to understand it's place in the infinite multiverse..... Which is kinda dumb. But not in the way you'd classically associate with a dodo bird.

ChavaWM

Beak Fossil
Rock Fighting type.

Love the concept! Terror bird is something I've been wanting to see for a long time!

Alli

It does matter, actually. Flygon, for example, gets twice as many Ground type moves as Dragon type moves. The only time it doesn't matter is with Flying types, since that type was exclusively secondary until Gen V, and is still limited to primary on only 3 Pokemon, one of whom is a Legendary.

It doesn't seem to matter at all to me. I just did a random check in the natural movepools of several dual-types, and it doesn't seem to matter at all.

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
I'd love a Dodo that evolves into a terror bird.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
K @Shadowclaw191 , @PokeMon2.0 , @ChavaWM and whoever else isiinterested how about....

Beak Fossil ->Dodolt--@35--->Terrore
Rock/Dark

Aerilite, Mold Breaker
HA: Speed Boost

Hp:95
Att:117
Def:60
S.Att:60
S.Def:60
Spd:103

Dodolt, The Bird Pokemon. While Archen is considered the ancestor of all Bird Pokemon Dodolt is the first failed decedent of it. They often spend there time thinking if games and schemes and forget to feed themselves or keep themselves safe.

Terrore, The Bird Pokemon. These Pokemon fear little and run with increasing speed into danger. They rarely if ever consider their saftey and have been seen literally jumping off cliffs to attack their foes and prey. Additionally they are flightless.

Linkdarkside

I would like a fossil pokemon based on the Titanoboa being Rock/Poison and a Megadolon being Rock/Water.

Wonder what their name would be since their name sound very pokemon already.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Speaking of fossils can we please give Aurorus aurora veil??? I mean hello it’s got aurora in it’s name! Come on GF!

Power Gem and/or another decent Special Rock attack....