• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen8 Fossil Pokemon, what do you want to see?

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Out of 7 generations only 2 have lacked Fossil Pokemon.

Gen 1 had 3 fossils.
Gen 2 had 0.
Gen 3, 4, 5, and 6 had 2.
And Gen 7 had 0.

I'm hoping and assuming we will be getting 2 fossils this gen, and if we do the questions are;

What will they be?
What types?
Stats?
Abilities?
What's their 'fossil' named?

So sound off on your hopes for gen8 fossils, be as creative as you want. And feel free to talk about others (nicely) ideas.

landipan

I want a Mosasaurus! I really like the one from Jurassic World xD

I also want an Eohippus, if not as a starter then a fossil would be awesome. Tho I'm unsure what it's evolved form would look like, maybe just a bigger bulkier version of it? It could be a grass type.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
I suspect something similar to Gen 5 fossils, ie. a repeat of an old typing and a return of a old type combination in a new typing formation.

Another Rock/Grass and a Flying/Rock probably can work. As for BSTs I suspect same as Tyrunt/Amaura-lines.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf

Make that two for Mosasaurs. Anyway other options I'll like to see:

Dunkleosteus
Stethacanthus
Dimetrodon
Ichthyosaurs
Leedsichthys
Liopleurodon
Hybodus
Stegosaurus
Iguanodon
Therizinosaurus
Parasaurolophus
Spinosaurus
Andrewsarchus
Arsinoitherium
Deinotherium
Megalodon

paipr_christian

grass type fan.

Just so long as it's not another (that be the forth) Rock/Water type. Maybe a Rock/Fire type that swims in lava. Or a Rock/Ghost that swam in oceans and through ground devouring the bones of the dead?

Rock/Ground could also work as like a sand swimmer or something. I'd say Rock/Flying and it be like a sky beast.... But again we have had 2 lines of that type.

I really want new /Rock combos not used in fossils used.

buskalilly

Much as I love dinosaurs, I'd like to see slightly more recent, mammalian fossils. Maybe a big Sumilodon and a Megatherium, something like that. Fluffy but toughy. Also, we need one more bear so I can make a team of six, so I'd take a big primeval bear Pokemon.

I want to see them do something really unique and make a caveman fossil Pokemon. We've had several humanoid Pokemon before, so why not? Rock/Fighting would be a good typing for it.
You're into some weird territory there, but it could kind of work. After all, DPPt started to hint that humans are related to Pokemon in some way, they could have evolved from a caveman Pokemon!

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
You're into some weird territory there, but it could kind of work. After all, DPPt started to hint that humans are related to Pokemon in some way, they could have evolved from a caveman Pokemon!

Even before that though, we had Pokemon like Jynx and Mr. Mime that were humanoid, so a caveman Pokemon wouldn't really be out of place. While it would be a bit of a stretch for a caveman to be a fossil considering they've mainly been dinosaurs, it still fits the prehistoric theme so it would still make some sense.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I had an idea a while back for a Rock/Fighting caveman Fossil.

Club Fossil-->Pebbleye--->Cyclubs
Rock/Fighting
Technician HA:Sheer Force

HP:105
Att:105
Def:70
S.Att:65
S.Def:70
Spd:103

Pebbleye, The One Eye Pokemon. This Pokemon lives in a rock hard shell with only it's limbs and it's single eye exposed. It's said that despite having only one eye Pebbleye was quite skilled in combat with it's rock club.

Cyclubs, The Club Tail Pokemon. Housing it's body in a large rock shell this absorbs many hits then strikes back with powerful force. Skilled at using it's tail as an extra arm it strikes foes with it's rock club being held by it's tail while holding foes in plays with it's arms.

PocketMonsterRealm

Since Crystal
i want to see a stegosaurus
but it would be nice for them to discover more things about fossils we didnt know about before. maybe they found a mummified version of something that they normally find fossils of instead.
like if somehow the rock types of these fossils actually was something else before but its rock because its a fossil, so it would be cool to discover say one of the older fossils real typing.
or something to expand on the fossils..

Orphalesion

Even before that though, we had Pokemon like Jynx and Mr. Mime that were humanoid, so a caveman Pokemon wouldn't really be out of place. While it would be a bit of a stretch for a caveman to be a fossil considering they've mainly been dinosaurs, it still fits the prehistoric theme so it would still make some sense.

And there's that scrapped, caveman-like Pokemon from the Gold Beta. They could revive it for this.

Truth be told as far as fossils go I'd like to see them return to the very early organisms of the Cambrian and Pre-Cambrian/Edicarian age.
I want a Hallucigenia and a Tribrachidium heraldicum.

buskalilly

like if somehow the rock types of these fossils actually was something else before but its rock because its a fossil, so it would be cool to discover say one of the older fossils real typing.
or something to expand on the fossils..

Ooh, I like this idea! Similar to Alolan forms we could have "modern form" Kabuto.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I want a Triceratops (Bastiodon technically qualifies but I want something that's the traditional triceratops lol), a velociraptor and a plesiosarus (although Lapras is technically qualifies too)

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
That's easy and I already thought of the perfect two Fossil Pokemon that would complement each other. A Sabretooth Tiger and a Mammoth!

Sabretooth Tiger Pokemon
He has incredibly sharp steel-like claws and fangs. Unlike other Rock and Steel types, he has incredibly high speed and attack.
Rock/Steel
Mold Breaker Ability

Mammoth Pokemon
He is essentially a Mammoth with psychic powers, having a glowing eye mark on his head. He's inspired by the Mammoth from Monster Hunter who has an armored eye plate on his head and this Pokemon causes Trick Room to activate instantly upon sent out, similar to the Tapus. He also quite tanky and hits hard physically.
Rock/Psychic
Trick Room Terrain Ability

Last edited:

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Ooh, I like this idea! Similar to Alolan forms we could have "modern form" Kabuto.

I had this thought last gen and discussed it in a topic on another forum... It got rosted. I do like the idea though. That the /Rock typing on some fossils is because of the fossilization and not their true typing. At least not for all.

PocketMonsterRealm

Since Crystal
I had this thought last gen and discussed it in a topic on another forum... It got rosted. I do like the idea though. That the /Rock typing on some fossils is because of the fossilization and not their true typing. At least not for all.
i was listening to someone on youtube share their thoughts on aerodactyl being a flying/rock type simply because it was a fossil and how Lance, a dragon trainer had him. He thinks that he was a dragon type instead of a rock type before they got wiped out and fossilized. he was also talking about an cpu calling aerodactyl's skeleton a dragon.
i thought it was an interesting thought and it would be cool if pokemon expanded on the fossil pokemon in that direction.

Orphalesion

Funny...I had this idea last Gen as well and a couple other users (one of them an paleontologist) and me had a lot of fun with the concept... though I didn't call them "Modern Form Kabuto" but "Primeval Form" (I didn't play ORAS so it didn't occur to me that it might sound too much like Primal FormKyogre) or "Original Form"

Let's see if I remember our ideas:

Never had a good idea for Origin Form Kabuto/Kabutops...

Original Omanyte/Omastar: Pure Water -> Water Steel. Original Omanyte and Omastar have the shell curl over the heads and forwards, like modern reconstructions of ammonites. Omastar also has more/longer tentacles and that fleshy thing over the eyes.

Original Aeordactyl: Flying/Rock with rock spikes similar to Mega Aerodactyl

Original Lileep/Cradily: Grass/Water

Original Anorith and Armaldo: Bug/Water (That was before Alola where we got two excellent water/bug lines, but I still think it makes most sense for them)

Original Cranidos/Rampardos: Pure Fighting or Rock/Fighting.

Original Shieldon/Blastiodon: Pure Steel

Original Archen/Archeops: Either Fighting/Flying or boring Normal/Flying.

Original Tirtouga/Carracosta: Previously I couldn't figure out anything better than Water/Rock...but now I'm thinking Water->Water/Fire with a volcano in Carracosta's shell

Original Amaura/Aurorus: Ice/Fairy (due to the gemstones)

Original Tyrunt/Tyranitar: Dragon/Dark (due to it being very very mean/aggressive)

They could put them into something like a Jurassic Park or Marvel's Savage Land.

Also anybody have a good idea for Original kabuto/Kabutops?

Luthor

One fossil I have wanted since Gen 1 is the pre-evolution of Aerodactyl. It's a long shot but it seems like an easy way to connect the fossil pokemon through the generations.

PocketMonsterRealm

Since Crystal
Opinion on what they would be,

Original Kabuto/Kabutops: bug/water

Original Omanyte/Omastar: water or poison/water

Original Aeordactyl: dragon/flying

Original Lileep/Cradily: water/grass

Original Anorith and Armaldo: steel/bug

Original Cranidos/Rampardos: steel

Original Shieldon/Blastiodon: ground/steel

Original Archen/Archeops: dragon/flying

Original Tirtouga/Carracosta: water/fighting

Original Amaura/Aurorus: fairy/ice

Original Tyrunt/Tyranitar: dark/dragon

Not a fossil but called a living fossil so if Relicanth ever had an alternative typing I would guess water/dark