• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen8 Fossil Pokemon, what do you want to see?

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
I'm really sick of dinosaurs and the like. I'd like to get back to fossils like Cradily, Armaldo, Omastar - older, more interesting fauna that we know a little less about.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
New fossil Pokémon I'd like to see?

Dinosaurs that haven't been covered by Pokémon that I would like to see are Stegosaurs, Ankylosaurs, Dromaeosaurs, (aka Raptors), Spinosaurs and Therizniosaurs.

But prehistoric mammals haven't been done at all yet (Mamoswine doesn't count; it's not a fossil Pokémon and I'd rather see a proper Mammoth than a Pig/Mammoth hybrid), so I'd love to see fossil Pokémon based on prehistoric mammals. Things like Sabre Toothed Cats, Giant Sloths, Glyptodonts etc.

All of these would be Rock types for sure since every Fossil Pokémon has be part Rock. Secondary typings are a lot harder. I guess it really depends on the animal bases or environments these Pokémon inhabited.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
As mentioned I'd prefer to get new unused /Rock combos for fossils.

That said if we repeat any type I'd like to see another Rock/Grass type. Lileep line.... Just doesn't scream Grass type enough to me quite enough.

Most obvious Rock/Grass would be a stegosaurus.... But with Turtwig line being a thing... specifically Grotle, I think a Grass stegosaurus would seem a little too familiar.

Maybe a Rock/Grass Wooly Mammoth? Long Reach(in reference to its trunk) and Skill Link (for Bullet Seed and Rock Blast fired from trunk shenanigans) for abilities. It's body could be covered in Grass, and ears based on 'elephant ears' a type of leaf. Massive stone tusks too.

Orphalesion

Most obvious Rock/Grass would be a stegosaurus.... But with Turtwig line being a thing... specifically Grotle, I think a Grass stegosaurus would seem a little too familiar.

I don't see anything at all similar between Grotle and a Stegosaurus....like literally nothing at all....
But I'd also be on board with a wholly mammoth or a Parasaurolophus.

That being said I also think that not every dinosaur has to be a fossil, considering Pokemon like Tropius are a thing.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I don't see anything at all similar between Grotle and a Stegosaurus....like literally nothing at all....
But I'd also be on board with a wholly mammoth or a Parasaurolophus.

That being said I also think that not every dinosaur has to be a fossil, considering Pokemon like Tropius are a thing.

If we had a Grass stegosaurus it likely have leafy back "plates". Which might look like Grotles leafy back. And they would have similar body shape.

Although.... Maybe the plates could be made of wood......

I imagine a stegosaurus being Rock/Electric with it's plates being charged gem stones that glow from charged electricity.

Orphalesion

If we had a Grass stegosaurus it likely have leafy back "plates". Which might look like Grotles leafy back. And they would have similar body shape.

Although.... Maybe the plates could be made of wood......

I imagine a stegosaurus being Rock/Electric with it's plates being charged gem stones that glow from charged electricity.

Eh, Grotle's body plan doesn't resemble a Stegosaur all that much, and it basically has ridges made of hedges/shrubbery on it's back, while a stegosaurus' plates might be represented by single, large leaves or something like that. Or Fungus.

But yeah a Rock/Electric stegosaurus with gemstone plates would be badass as well. Or a Rock/Electric (Or Rock/Fire) dimetrodon, with a electrically or thermally charged crystal sail.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Eh, Grotle's body plan doesn't resemble a Stegosaur all that much, and it basically has ridges made of hedges/shrubbery on it's back, while a stegosaurus' plates might be represented by single, large leaves or something like that. Or Fungus.

But yeah a Rock/Electric stegosaurus with gemstone plates would be badass as well. Or a Rock/Electric (Or Rock/Fire) dimetrodon, with a electrically or thermally charged crystal sail.

Maybe a Rock/Poison stegosaurus with glowing Poison/radioactive plates?

Missingno.Fan

I would love to see fossils based on mammals. Some ideas I have are Electric/Rock Brontothere, Dark/Rock Andrewsarchus, and Grass/Rock or Fighting/Rock Chalicotherium.

buskalilly

I can't really see them doing a fossil Pokemon based on prehistoric rhinos, bears and other modern animals because the Pokemon versions of those animals are already so much more fantastical. I would like to see some of those weirder mammals though. Or, a big terror bird.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I can't really see them doing a fossil Pokemon based on prehistoric rhinos, bears and other modern animals because the Pokemon versions of those animals are already so much more fantastical. I would like to see some of those weirder mammals though. Or, a big terror bird.

A duo of mammal fossils would be fun. A giant ground sloth, or a wolly rhino (or of course wolly Mammoth)

I'd also love to see a Rock/Psychic Doro bird. I had an idea that it's facant expression and extinction has to do with it being so lost in thought and focused on learning the secrets of the universe that it didn't bother to put much but minimal brain power to it's survival.

buskalilly

I'd also love to see a Rock/Psychic Doro bird. I had an idea that it's facant expression and extinction has to do with it being so lost in thought and focused on learning the secrets of the universe that it didn't bother to put much but minimal brain power to it's survival.

Ha! That's fun. And it's that perfect little mix of whimsical and silly but also pretty dark, like all the best Pokedex entries.

Phillies

i want to see a stegosaurus
but it would be nice for them to discover more things about fossils we didnt know about before. maybe they found a mummified version of something that they normally find fossils of instead.
like if somehow the rock types of these fossils actually was something else before but its rock because its a fossil, so it would be cool to discover say one of the older fossils real typing.
or something to expand on the fossils..

What about having them make a Skull Island type island. All of the fossil could live there in their natural state. They could even have an unaltered Genesect be the big boss of the island similar to King Kong. Either that do time travel and allow players to explore their natural habitat.

Orphalesion

What about having them make a Skull Island type island. All of the fossil could live there in their natural state. They could even have an unaltered Genesect be the big boss of the island similar to King Kong. Either that do time travel and allow players to explore their natural habitat.

I'd love to see something like Marvel's "Savage Land" (for those who don't know, it's a high tech animal preserve in Antarctica, creaed by aliens to preserve extinct species) where all the fossils can live, instead of aliens, it could be created by a new legendary or myhical that sees itself as the guardian of all life and preserves all extinct Pokemon species here.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Maybe if we don't see anything like 'Jurrasic Park-ish' in this game The sinnoh remake could give us a 'Journey to the center of The Earth' styled area in the Sinnoh underground?

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Honestly, I'd like to see a fossil pokemon that isn't a Rock-type.

I'm certain there had to been some pokemon in those times that weren't Rock pokemon. We need to see them.

It'd actually be nice to see some fossil mammal pokemon cause that's something we've never seen before. The obvious choice would be a wolly mammoth and smilodon but it'd be fun if it was something else. Like Andrewsarchus and Paraceratherium, the biggest mammalian land carnivore and herbivore respectively. Or maybe earlier Therapsids like the iconic Dimetrodon or a Gorgonopsid.

Dinosaurs can be nice too but we've already had two gens where the fossils were dinosaurs (actually three since Archen/Archeops is technically also a dinosaur).

Other things we haven't had yet are Mosasaurs, Ichthyosaurs, Pliosaurs and Nothosaurs. Or maybe some animals from the Crocodile branch of Archosauria like Rauisuchians or Aetosaurs. The options are endless.

Besides it doesn't even have to be part of the fossil pokemon. Lapras is a plesiosaur, Bayleef/Meganium are sauropods, Yanmega is based on the Meganeura, Relicanth is a coelacanth (even though they're not extinct thet've been around since the Devonian and morphologically didn't change much).

I also like the idea mentioned above about origin forms of the current fossil pokemon. As rock type is probably a side effect from reviving a pokemon from a fossil, kinda like damaged DNA. It'd be nice to see how they could've looked like with fully intact DNA. Kinda like alola forms but better.

DSDark

Breeder
I would like to see a Rock/electric raptor, and a Rock/fire Stegosaurus

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I've been thinking about a fern fossil Pokémon that could be introduced even though we already have a Grass/Rock fossil Pokémon already. It would be nice to see some variety in plant fossil Pokémon instead on focusing on the dinosaurs.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I've been thinking about a fern fossil Pokémon that could be introduced even though we already have a Grass/Rock fossil Pokémon already. It would be nice to see some variety in plant fossil Pokémon instead on focusing on the dinosaurs.

Or combo those plants into Fossil dinos.

Imagine a spinosarous with a leaf spine