• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen8 Fossil Pokemon, what do you want to see?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Or combo those plants into Fossil dinos.

Imagine a spinosarous with a leaf spine
But if the Pokémon were to be a dinosaur Pokémon I would prefer it to have a typing no other fossil Pokémon have. I'm still waiting for a Fire/Rock fossil Pokémon that has kinda like a volcano motif but has something that separates it from Camerupt and Typhlosion. Maybe we could have a stegosaurus Pokémon like that but it constantly ejects magma from the plates on its back as a defense mechanism against predators and that its skin is able to withstand its own lava.

PocketMonsterRealm

Since Crystal
But if the Pokémon were to be a dinosaur Pokémon I would prefer it to have a typing no other fossil Pokémon have. I'm still waiting for a Fire/Rock fossil Pokémon that has kinda like a volcano motif but has something that separates it from Camerupt and Typhlosion. Maybe we could have a stegosaurus Pokémon like that but it constantly ejects magma from the plates on its back as a defense mechanism against predators and that its skin is able to withstand its own lava.

or whatever this dino is
I could see him as a fire/rock pokemon dude. his armor gives alot of potential for designs.
640_spikydino.jpg

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
or whatever this dino is
I could see him as a fire/rock pokemon dude. his armor gives alot of potential for designs.
640_spikydino.jpg
Yeah but I've also been thinking that there could be one that could shoot lava from its tail as well, as if it were some sort of hose or something. Something that will better differentiate it from Camerupt.

PocketMonsterRealm

Since Crystal
yeah that would be cool. not sure how to do that with this guy though.
I can see him having a lava rock on the end of his tail that leaks lava onto his back.. and he can fling lava with it.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
yeah that would be cool. not sure how to do that with this guy though.
I can see him having a lava rock on the end of his tail that leaks lava onto his back.. and he can fling lava with it.
Maybe that could also work like a flail. It could swing its tail around and that could cause serious damage to whatever gets hit by it.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I imagine an anklysarous being a good Rock/Fire Fossil.

It's first stage would have a flat back that can be used like a burner, and trainers could use it to heat food.

For the Evo it's armored back could be like cracked stone with glowing red lava from it's cracks. (Bonus fun anklysarous' natural weak point is it's belly, and with a Rock/Fire type being x4 weak to Ground, its almost a mirror to that fact)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I imagine an anklysarous being a good Rock/Fire Fossil.

It's first stage would have a flat back that can be used like a burner, and trainers could use it to heat food.

For the Evo it's armored back could be like cracked stone with glowing red lava from it's cracks. (Bonus fun anklysarous' natural weak point is it's belly, and with a Rock/Fire type being x4 weak to Ground, its almost a mirror to that fact)
Kinda reminds me of Turtonator because of its weak spot being its belly. But to make it different from it, I wouldn't have that have exploding spines. But I can imagine it being called a 'Groudonsaur' as an alternate name in the games because it could resemble Groudon in some way.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Kinda reminds me of Turtonator because of its weak spot being its belly. But to make it different from it, I wouldn't have that have exploding spines. But I can imagine it being called a 'Groudonsaur' as an alternate name in the games because it could resemble Groudon in some way.

Sorta, but not really. I mean only in the same way that Grass types can resemble each other cause multiple have leafs in thier motif.

I do get the Torterra comparison, specially since I feel that line takes on dino like characteristics as it evolves.

That said I can still see this hypothetical Rock/Fire anklyo being unique enough it stands out and is it's own thing.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Sorta, but not really. I mean only in the same way that Grass types can resemble each other cause multiple have leafs in thier motif.

I do get the Torterra comparison, specially since I feel that line takes on dino like characteristics as it evolves.

That said I can still see this hypothetical Rock/Fire anklyo being unique enough it stands out and is it's own thing.
Oh, at least a Grass dinosaur with a combination of prehistoric plants would be fine for me. I meant Turtonator for the Fire ankylosaurus because both have their bellies as their weak points although I do get the Torterra comparison for the Grass dinosaur.

Kdude146

For the gen 8 Fossil Pokemon I would like to see a triceratops that is an rock/electric type with the ability lightning rod it evolves when leveled up knowing charge beam. For the second fossil Pokemon I would like to see a raptor that is a rock/fighting type with the ability scrappy it evolves when leveled up knowing aura sphere. I think that they should be version exclusive Pokemon.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
Sabretooth Tiger: Rock/Normal or Rock/Fighting with Tough Claws and/or Strong Jaw has High Attack and semi high speed

Beezlebufo "Devil Frog": Rock/Water or Rock/Ground with Sap Sipper or Water Absorb respectfully has High HP and balanced stats aside from low speed

Titanboa: Rock/Poison or Rock/Dark with Shed Skin or Intimidate has good attack and decent bulk

Bus

Personally, I'm hoping for at least 2 of these dinos we haven't seen yet.

Rock/Dark- Velociraptor (Ridiculously High Speed, low Hp, low/medium Defenses, Avg/low Attack, High Special Attack)
Rock/Electric- Stegasuarus (High Hp & Defense, Avg/good Attack & Special Attack, Very low Special Defense, Low Speed)
Pure rock- Spinosaurus (Very High Attack, Avg Defense & Special Defense, Medium/Low Speed, Pitiful Special Attack)
Rock/Fighting- Pachycephalosaurus [The headbutting dinosaur] (Low/Avg Hp, Ridiculously high Attack, Good/High Attack, Good Defense, Low Special Attack, Pitiful Special Defense, Low/Avg Speed)

Kirby Dragons

I'd like to see some basic dinosaurs like the velociraptor. I'd also like more pure Rock-types since we only have one.

Litleonid

I think I'd actually like something along the lines of a sabertooth tiger. The fossil is a large tooth. Something along the lines of velociraptor might be cool too!

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
X2 Rock/Flying
X3 Rock/Water
X1 Rock
Rock/Grass
Rock/Bug
Rock/Steel
Rock/Ice
Rock/Dragon

8 of the possible 18 Rock combos, I vote we go with any of the unused (or at utter least hold off on more Rock/Flying and Rock/Water type fossils).

That leaves
Rock/Ghost
Rock/Fire
Rock/Electric
Rock/Poison
Rock/Fairy
Rock/Normal
Rock/Fighting
Rock/Dark
Rock/Ground
Rock/Psychic

Plenty of things those combos can be used for.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Usurper
Rock/Ghost: Megaloceros
Rock/Fire: Pyroraptor
Rock/Electric: Phorusrhacos
Rock/Poison: Dilophosaurus
Rock/Fairy: Elasmotherium
Rock/Normal: Diprotodon
Rock/Fighting: Thylacoleo
Rock/Dark: Smilodon
Rock/Ground: Megatherium
Rock/Psychic: Gigantopithecus

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
Rock/Ghost would be cool as a Ghost taking over a Fossil. So it would be similar to the Aerodactyl and Kabutops fossils in the museum in Gen 1 (or the Missing forms of them).

Reactions: DBK

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Rock/Ghost would be cool as a Ghost taking over a Fossil. So it would be similar to the Aerodactyl and Kabutops fossils in the museum in Gen 1 (or the Missing forms of them).

Hmm... I do like the idea of a Fossil reviving like "wrong" into a stone skeletal Rock/Ghost type.... Might still be a bit too ..something though.

Drewser17

Ankylosaur - Fighting/Rock - Club Fossil
Titanis - Ground/Rock - Beak Fossil
Andrewsarchus - Fire/Rock - Snout Fossil
Megatherium - Psychic/Rock - Paw Fossil
Dimetrodon - Electric/Rock - Spine Fossil

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
What about a Rock/Fighting Raptor? It could use Sacred/Secret Sword with it's toe Claw/blade ?

Reactions: DBK