• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen8 Fossil Pokemon, what do you want to see?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Rock/Ghost would be cool as a Ghost taking over a Fossil. So it would be similar to the Aerodactyl and Kabutops fossils in the museum in Gen 1 (or the Missing forms of them).
Maybe that fossil can't be revived properly but then there could be a hidden ghost within the skeleton. Reviving it would reawaken the inner ghost and here we could have a Ghost/Rock fossil Pokémon.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Maybe that fossil can't be revived properly but then there could be a hidden ghost within the skeleton. Reviving it would reawaken the inner ghost and here we could have a Ghost/Rock fossil Pokémon.

That almost sounds like a mythical event. Bring a "certain Fossil" to the Fossil reviver. The person says they will be right back, screen fades to black to 'transition' but then a scream lets out, and the person runs out saying something is wrong.

Battle screen starts and you have to battle/capture this special Pokemon.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
That almost sounds like a mythical event. Bring a "certain Fossil" to the Fossil reviver. The person says they will be right back, screen fades to black to 'transition' but then a scream lets out, and the person runs out saying something is wrong.

Battle screen starts and you have to battle/capture this special Pokemon.
Well that could make sense in the way the Pokémon appears to be inert as a pile of bones as soon as it is revived but suddenly comes to life and joins together to form a full skeleton, causing the person to run away and triggering the battle.

I've been thinking it could collapse into a pile of bones while asleep and once it wakes up, the bones join together to become the skeleton of the original fossil.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Usurper
I had this idea once, where the fossil Pokemon had some sort of medieval/mythical weaponry incorporated into their design.

Rock/electric doedicurus with inspiration from Mjolnir would be a great example

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
Too name a few:

Velociraptor

Spinosaurus

Allosaurus

Iguanadon

Parasaurolophus

Dimetrodon

Stegogsaur

Gallimimus

Their are too many good choices, the list goes on and on

Argentarus

Oh look, Charlie. It's a Liopleurodon.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Oh look, Charlie. It's a Liopleurodon.

Like Mosasaurus, I'd be game, just so long as it's not Rock/Water. We have enough fossils of that variety for now. Maybe a Rock/Fire or heck Rock/Ghost one could work?

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I’d like to see a sabertooth tiger and giant sloth as Fossil Pokémon.

I'd expect it to end up being one of the fastest Rock types too which with a decent attack stat, could be quite interesting.

JW1004

It would be cool to get a duo of fossils based on mammals that start out as part rock type, but end up being completely revived once they evolve and replace the rock type with something else

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I agree that having a Pokemon based off a prehistoric mammal would be a nice change. Because after all these years they've drawn inspiration from a variety of things except mammals.
There are so many extinct prehistoric mammals to choose from too. A Fossil based on the Eohippus would also be interesting since it was such a small horse and could easily be one of the faster Rock Pokémon.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
A duo of mammal fossils could be fun for sure.

Obvious option could be

Woolly mammoth
Sabertooth
Caveman

For the Woolly mammoth I want to see one that has Skill Link and a dual typing to really enjoy that ability, so Rock/Grass, Rock/Ice, really anything that can combo to get double stab use from that Skill Link.

The sabertooth has plenty of options, I think the most obvious is Rock/Dark with Crunch and Strong Jaw. But for fun how about Rock/Electric with Tough Claws?

For the caveman I see one main option. Rock/Fighting and like Archen say it's the ancester of all Fighting type Pokemon.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
I know that it could possibly be the 4th Rock/Water fossil pokemon, but we haven't had a fish based fossil yet.

So, i was thinking of a Fossil Pokemon based on "Megalodon" (it would be bigger than even a Wailord).

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
^True, but the only purpose it could serve would be to bridge Water 2 and Water 3 Egg Groups.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I still think that we should see more fossils based on the popular dinos first, before moving to the less popular ones again.

We already got T-Rex, so I'd like to see fossils based on Velociraptor, Stegosaurus, Mosasaurus, Brachiosaurus, Parasaurolophus, Ankylosaurus, Spinosaurus, and Triceratops, and while this is not actually dinosaurs, Pteranodon/Pterodactyl too (yes, I know Aerodactyl exist, but Aero is not a proper representation considering it looks more like a wyrm/wyvern)

Personally, I'm hoping for at least 2 of these dinos we haven't seen yet.

Rock/Dark- Velociraptor (Ridiculously High Speed, low Hp, low/medium Defenses, Avg/low Attack, High Special Attack)
Rock/Electric- Stegasuarus (High Hp & Defense, Avg/good Attack & Special Attack, Very low Special Defense, Low Speed)
Pure rock- Spinosaurus (Very High Attack, Avg Defense & Special Defense, Medium/Low Speed, Pitiful Special Attack)
Rock/Fighting- Pachycephalosaurus [The headbutting dinosaur] (Low/Avg Hp, Ridiculously high Attack, Good/High Attack, Good Defense, Low Special Attack, Pitiful Special Defense, Low/Avg Speed)

We already have Pachycephalosaurus, it's the Cranidos line ;)
(And like you described, Rampardos has ridiculously high Atk but low/average Speed)

Last edited: