• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen8 Fossil Pokemon, what do you want to see?

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
I wouldn't mind an Ankylosaurus.

A rock/fighting type that has an ability to make tail moves hit extra hard. A signature move and a move pool focused around tails. (Tail slap, Aqua tail, dragon tail, poison tail, etc!) It's defenses would be amazing, its physical attack will be just bellow it... and make it meh at everything else, especially speed. (Like Stakataka's spread.) A gem in trick rooms!

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I wouldn't mind an Ankylosaurus.

A rock/fighting type that has an ability to make tail moves hit extra hard. A signature move and a move pool focused around tails. (Tail slap, Aqua tail, dragon tail, poison tail, etc!) It's defenses would be amazing, its physical attack will be just bellow it... and make it meh at everything else, especially speed. (Like Stakataka's spread.) A gem in trick rooms!
i thought of the perfect signature move for such a Pokémon: Tail Club where it smacks its target with its tail like a club similarly to Cubone and Marowak using their bones for Bone Club.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
i thought of the perfect signature move for such a Pokémon: Tail Club where it smacks its target with its tail like a club similarly to Cubone and Marowak using their bones for Bone Club.
Add that to the ability with better accuracy and you got a potential pokemon with a charm. We only have one rock/fighting type in existence. (Terrakion) And maybe this might give the type combination some love and a way for said fan pokemon to stand out in comparison to the legendary.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Well I thought of Tail Flail as a name for it. The rhyming scheme is pretty much there and it pretty much adds on to my idea of an ankylosaurus Pokémon using its tail as a flail.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Honestly disappointed that we're seven generations into the Pokémon Franchise and there's no Velociraptor pokémon or Stegosaurus. Aggron kinda looks like it took inspiration from a Triceratops, but otherwise I'd be jumping up and down about that as well.

I’d like to see a sabertooth tiger and giant sloth as Fossil Pokémon.

Looks at Raikou...

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Well I thought of Tail Flail as a name for it. The rhyming scheme is pretty much there and it pretty much adds on to my idea of an ankylosaurus Pokémon using its tail as a flail.

I like Tail Flail as an attack name. And I could see it being described as "Ancient Fighting attack created during times when many Fighting types still had tails".

I still say if we get a Rock/Fighting type fossil it needs to be based on cavemen and be the common ancestors of all Fighting types.

But I'd also love to see an Ankylosaurus fossil and that's a fun typing for it.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I still say if we get a Rock/Fighting type fossil it needs to be based on cavemen and be the common ancestors of all Fighting types.
I thought about a Neanderthal-like Pokémon that could be Rock/Fighting. Like Marowak, it could be another Pokémon that could be compatible with the Thick Club and could be revived along with a couple of tools. It could be described as 'one of the smarter Pokémon among the prehistoric times. It is a lot smarter than what you could expect.'

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
But I'd also love to see an Ankylosaurus fossil and that's a fun typing for it.

I got the type combination idea because rock types is common among fossil pokemon. (Genesect kind of counts lore wise and it is a steel type.) While I picture using a club to be a fighting tactic, so mix the two together into an underrated dinosaur.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Ankylosaurs are my favourite dinosaur, don't get me wrong, but I think I 'd like to see something more unique as Torterra has clear ankylosaur inspirations.

120px-389Torterra.png
images

It does lack the tail club, but that is a trait not unique to ankylosaurs and not every ankylosaur has one, so a tail club fossil could still work but not be ankylosaur based.

Also if they did make origin forms and suggest the rock type was due to the fossilisation/revival process, then I think the Amaura line should be ice/electric rather than ice/fairy as others have suggested as it's a new type combo and it makes sense with the aurora theme as the northern lights are an electromagnetic phenomenon and they can already learn thunder wave and they an access other electric moves through breeding and tms.

For new fossils I'd like to see things inspired by lesser know creatures like a hallucigenia, what the spikes are made of could determine the type of the Pokemon.
images

The opabinia (2) is a another weird creature from over 500 million years ago that would make an awesome fossil pokemon.
images

Last edited:

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Ankylosaurs are my favourite dinosaur, don't get me wrong, but I think I 'd like to see something more unique as Torterra has clear ankylosaur inspirations.

120px-389Torterra.png
images

It does lack the tail club, but that is a trait not unique to ankylosaurs and not every ankylosaur has one, so a tail club fossil could still work but not be ankylosaur based.

I had a concept idea for a M.Torterra that I never got around to trying to draw .but in it the tree on it's back would wrap around it's tail giving it a tree/tail like club to use as a weapon. Additionally the "Rocky mountain" spikes would spread to both sides, possibly giving the whole thing a more Anklyosaurus like look.

That said I really want a Rock/Fire Anklyosaurus fossil soon.

JohnLynch

What about a (small) safari park that has the fossil Pokemon brought back to life that you can then catch in the traditional safari park style? You could flesh out the roster with modern day Pokemon as well.

literal trash

Kaiser (please refer to me as this)
I would love to see a Glyptodon-based Pokemon, it would be a pure Rock-type with a lot of defense due to it being basically a giant prehistoric armadillo from the Pleistocene. I'm also surprised that there isn't a Dimetrodon-based Pokemon yet, as that is probably the most famous animal from the Paleozoic.

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
I see some great ideas.
My ideas are a Stegosaurus, which would be Rock/Steel and the more defensive. And a Velociraptor, which would be Rock/Dark and be more offensive. A Neanderthal is also a good idea for a Rock/Fighting type.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
I want another fossil trio! I dont really know dinos (was way more of a mermaid and unicorn kid) but maybe... a flying one, a bipedal feathered raptor and a quadrupedal spiny or spiked tail one?

I want a really small cute one too!

Shadowclaw191

I want a Rock Fighting Dodo Bird Fossil, that evolves to a terror bird Rock Fighting Fossil
The dodo bird can be defensive at first but upon evolving it turns into a massive muscular powerhouse bird. With terrible claws and kicking attacks.
The fossil would be the Beak fossil because Dodos and Terror birds have massive beaks.

And the other fossil to be a Rock Ghost Dunkleosteus esque pokemon, Just keep the head and fins, and then the evolution is much more boney and is based off the megalodon or any prehistoric sharks. Just the idea of a boney fish skeleton would be cool.
The joke could also be that reviving the fossil revived the bacterium present in those fishes which ate their DNA, so the bacterium is the one controlling the fossil
It could be maw fossil.

axelme

i think it's high time we have a fossil fish or shark. and i think we need another insect. maybe we get more than 2 this region. why not?. i never understood just the 2 at a time thing and why they skip every generation

Kung Fu Ferret

The Usurper
Did some research on extinct animals of Britain.

Cave lion/bear/hyena
Woolly rhinoceros/mammoth
Megaloceros
Homotherium
Icthyosaurus
Iguanodon
Baryonyx
Arthropleura
Pulmonoscorpius