• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen8 Galarian breeding question

BotnetTakedown

Hello, I’m new to the breeding scene, just started so bare with me. When breeding a hidden ability galarian Pokémon such as darumaka, if it has an ever stone should the hidden ability (inner focus) pass down to standard darumaka? Same with galarian rapidash->standard ponyta and so on.

Thanks for your help in advance!

njarizona

Hi! Everstone does not affect the hidden ability. Hidden abilities pass down from female partners with any partner (Male or Ditto) at a 60% rate. Males can only pass down hidden abilities when breeding with Dittos and they pass down at a 60% rate.

The Everstone does have an effect. It passes down the Nature from the parent at a 100% rate. Additionally, if there is a Pokemon with multiple forms like the Darumaka and Vulpix in your example, the Everstone will make it the form of whichever parent is holding the Everstone.

I.E. A Male Unovan Darumaka Holding an Everstone breeding with a Female Galarian Darumaka should still produce a Unovan Darumaka offspring.

This article from Bulbapedia is a very good resource as far as breeding goes. https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_breeding

Good luck!

BotnetTakedown

I see, but when breeding a galarian with a hidden ability should the hidden ability pass down to the standard form? Since female alolan Pokémon such as ninetales do not pass down hidden ability to standard vulpix when bred together. So my question still is if galarian inner focus darumaka is supposed to create standard inner focus darumaka.

njarizona

If I am understanding your question correctly, an Alolan Ninetales Female will in fact pass down a hidden ability to a Kantonian Vulpix if the Father is a Kanto Vulpix or Ninetales holding an everstone.

Similarly a Galarian Hidden Ability Darumaka Female plus a Unovan Darumaka male holding everstone will produce Unovan Hidden Ability Darumaka at a 60% rate.