1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Gen8 starter Pokemon what do you want to see?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation 8 Discussion' started by paipr_christian, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Acer11

Acer11 Well-Known Member

Two of those would be fitting for an African-based region.

DSDark and Kung Fu Ferret like this.
  2. paipr_christian

paipr_christian grass type fan.

I'd love a fruit bat Grass starter.... My only concerns are;

A: second gen in a row with a Grass/Flying baseform for the Grass starter (assuming it got that combo in base stage).

B: second gen in a row that a Grass starter changes from Grass/Flying to Grass/something else (assuming it changes it's secondary type.)

Now it could keep the Grass/Flying type combo Al the way to it's final stage but then;

C: between 2 gens we have 5 Grass/Flying starter stages.

Or perhaps they don't let it be /Flying type...... But then;

D: We have a Fruit Bat Grass starter that has wings.... Can in theory fly (or glide/fall with style) but seems to randomly be missing the obvious /Flying type.

3. Acer11

Acer11 Well-Known Member

This rumor came from a guy on youtube named RuffledRowlit from 3 weeks ago.

4. paipr_christian

Oh RuffledRowlet, yeah.... Dude reports on every rumor he gets sent. Overly excited on everything. An that rumor mentions a fire snake which he really wants.

Dunno, I'd enjoy the Fruit Bat, but I'm doubtful.

5. Acer11

Acer11 Well-Known Member

Here's the link to the video:

6. paipr_christian

I think I've seen that one before. I don't know. Just realize when watching his videos he is reporting on almost all rumors, and is one of those YouTubers that knows getting over excited gets views. He doesn't seem to fact check, or even do basic info checking (acted like we have never had a snake starter).

Back to the idea of a bat starter.... Maybe the final form could be based on a bat and succubus?

Suckubat, Grass/Dark type that drains life force from other Pokemon (and sometimes people). First stage could be named Frubat.

7. Acer11

Acer11 Well-Known Member

I don't think Game Freak would do a pokemon based on or inspired by a succubus, because they don't want the series to be mature, featuring adult language, suggestive situations, blood, alcohol, smoking, guns, torture, nudity, racism, controversy, and domesticated violence.

PokeMon2.0 likes this.
  8. PokeMon2.0

PokeMon2.0 Pokémon Music Fan

For the starters
    Grass type: a Grass/Bug leafhopper
    Fire type: Fire type sheep.
    Water type: Water/Psychic dolphin.

9. paipr_christian

I had an idea for a Fire/Bug Grass hopper, it gradually evolve and be like a Rocketeer super hero. Eventually though the idea ended up sounding alot like a grasshopper version of Blazekin crossed with Kamen Rider.

10. DSDark

DSDark Breeder

A rabbit would work too, more a hare but still.

11. Kirby Dragons

Kirby Dragons Well-Known Member

I'd say it depends on the final designs. Remoraid was allowed to be based on a gun. Plus Lopunny resembles a playboy bunny.

12. paipr_christian

Plus the name is more inspired by it's sucking the life force out of something, doesn't have to be the other parts.

13. Acer11

Acer11 Well-Known Member

None of that stuff is true:

First of all, Skuntank is not a starter evolution, it evolves from Stunky. Both are Poison/Dark types; All starter evolutions are part Grass, Fire, or water.

Second, the second fact is ridiculous.

Third, That is the stupidest fact you said. If those Pokemon can't be found in the games, how can they exist?

Fourth, I did not see that episode, but I'm sure Bulbasaur wasn't in that episode. And there are no similar situations with Totodile and Spiritomb. And Spiritomb isn't even a starter.

Lastly, the last fact is completely wrong, ridiculous, and stupid. Togepi wasn't introduced in the anime by a game, the anime makers did that on their own. And Pokemon Moon came out in 2016, not 1998. And that last bit about the Sega Genesis is not true.

Next time you post facts, they have to be true facts and not stupid, made up junk.

14. Dankrai

Dankrai i do'nt kid around

hehe.... some times wish they WOULD inspire a pokemon to be mature, adulk language, smoking, blood, gunss, conr=troversy, a suggestive situation ;), nudity, etc
    it would actualy be a lot more cool than most peple might think..
    although some pokemon (dark rai) really ARE more mature then others...

15. Acer11

Acer11 Well-Known Member

No, GameFreak is not going to put any of that in Pokemon games

16. Kirby Dragons

Kirby Dragons Well-Known Member

I don't really care about starters. Though a pirate starter to counter Greninja would be nice.
    All those facts were true though.

AgentKallus likes this.
  17. Prof. SALTY

Prof. SALTY The Scruffy Professor

r/woosh

AgentKallus likes this.
  18. AgentKallus

AgentKallus Currently known as AgentKallus

I'd like an electric type starter, preferably grass/electric but fire/electric or another water/electric would still be cool.

Also who likes the idea of swapping the water starter for a ground one, still keeps the match up trio but shakes things up and we already have plenty of water types. I don't expect it to happen but the thread title asks what I want not whats likely. I'd also like a whole new type trio but I think they'd wait till after the finished the Chinese zodiac if they were ever going to do that.

19. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Well-Known Member

So what are you thinking for the design? A sorta vaguely "cute monster girl" inspired bat design? Being vague enough to work for both male and female Pokemon, but still clearly feminine, like Primarina (being a seal mermaid).
    Or do you mean Succubus like in "Succubus and Incubus" and having a more gender-neutral design?