• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen8 starter Pokemon what do you want to see?

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Fruit Bat (Grass)

I'd love a fruit bat Grass starter.... My only concerns are;

A: second gen in a row with a Grass/Flying baseform for the Grass starter (assuming it got that combo in base stage).

B: second gen in a row that a Grass starter changes from Grass/Flying to Grass/something else (assuming it changes it's secondary type.)

Now it could keep the Grass/Flying type combo Al the way to it's final stage but then;

C: between 2 gens we have 5 Grass/Flying starter stages.

Or perhaps they don't let it be /Flying type...... But then;

D: We have a Fruit Bat Grass starter that has wings.... Can in theory fly (or glide/fall with style) but seems to randomly be missing the obvious /Flying type.

Acer11

I'd love a fruit bat Grass starter.... My only concerns are;

A: second gen in a row with a Grass/Flying baseform for the Grass starter (assuming it got that combo in base stage).

B: second gen in a row that a Grass starter changes from Grass/Flying to Grass/something else (assuming it changes it's secondary type.)

Now it could keep the Grass/Flying type combo Al the way to it's final stage but then;

C: between 2 gens we have 5 Grass/Flying starter stages.

Or perhaps they don't let it be /Flying type...... But then;

D: We have a Fruit Bat Grass starter that has wings.... Can in theory fly (or glide/fall with style) but seems to randomly be missing the obvious /Flying type.
This rumor came from a guy on youtube named RuffledRowlit from 3 weeks ago.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
This rumor came from a guy on youtube named RuffledRowlit from 3 weeks ago.

Oh RuffledRowlet, yeah.... Dude reports on every rumor he gets sent. Overly excited on everything. An that rumor mentions a fire snake which he really wants.

Dunno, I'd enjoy the Fruit Bat, but I'm doubtful.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Here's the link to the video:

I think I've seen that one before. I don't know. Just realize when watching his videos he is reporting on almost all rumors, and is one of those YouTubers that knows getting over excited gets views. He doesn't seem to fact check, or even do basic info checking (acted like we have never had a snake starter).

Back to the idea of a bat starter.... Maybe the final form could be based on a bat and succubus?

Suckubat, Grass/Dark type that drains life force from other Pokemon (and sometimes people). First stage could be named Frubat.

Acer11

I think I've seen that one before. I don't know. Just realize when watching his videos he is reporting on almost all rumors, and is one of those YouTubers that knows getting over excited gets views. He doesn't seem to fact check, or even do basic info checking (acted like we have never had a snake starter).

Back to the idea of a bat starter.... Maybe the final form could be based on a bat and succubus?

Suckubat, Grass/Dark type that drains life force from other Pokemon (and sometimes people). First stage could be named Frubat.
I don't think Game Freak would do a pokemon based on or inspired by a succubus, because they don't want the series to be mature, featuring adult language, suggestive situations, blood, alcohol, smoking, guns, torture, nudity, racism, controversy, and domesticated violence.

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
For the starters
Grass type: a Grass/Bug leafhopper
Fire type: Fire type sheep.
Water type: Water/Psychic dolphin.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
For the starters
Grass type: a Grass/Bug leafhopper
Fire type: Fire type sheep.
Water type: Water/Psychic dolphin.

I had an idea for a Fire/Bug Grass hopper, it gradually evolve and be like a Rocketeer super hero. Eventually though the idea ended up sounding alot like a grasshopper version of Blazekin crossed with Kamen Rider.

DSDark

Breeder

Kirby Dragons

I don't think Game Freak would do a pokemon based on or inspired by a succubus, because they don't want the series to be mature, featuring adult language, suggestive situations, blood, alcohol, smoking, guns, torture, nudity, racism, controversy, and domesticated violence.
I'd say it depends on the final designs. Remoraid was allowed to be based on a gun. Plus Lopunny resembles a playboy bunny.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.

I'd say it depends on the final designs. Remoraid was allowed to be based on a gun. Plus Lopunny resembles a playboy bunny.

Plus the name is more inspired by it's sucking the life force out of something, doesn't have to be the other parts.

Acer11

Hey Guys! Here's 5 trivia facts about "starter pokemon" beep!

-of all starter evolutions, the only pokemon that has never been mentioned in the games is skuntank

-every starter pokemon that can learn fly or surf is vulnerable to attack from behind

-starter pokemon whose names begin with the letter "Y" can't be found in pokemon

-bulbasaur is the only pokemon that appears in the infamous " seizure episode" except for totodile and spiritomb

-when pokemon moon first introduced togepi in the anime, misty had genuine romantic feelings for the sega genesis
None of that stuff is true:

First of all, Skuntank is not a starter evolution, it evolves from Stunky. Both are Poison/Dark types; All starter evolutions are part Grass, Fire, or water.

Second, the second fact is ridiculous.

Third, That is the stupidest fact you said. If those Pokemon can't be found in the games, how can they exist?

Fourth, I did not see that episode, but I'm sure Bulbasaur wasn't in that episode. And there are no similar situations with Totodile and Spiritomb. And Spiritomb isn't even a starter.

Lastly, the last fact is completely wrong, ridiculous, and stupid. Togepi wasn't introduced in the anime by a game, the anime makers did that on their own. And Pokemon Moon came out in 2016, not 1998. And that last bit about the Sega Genesis is not true.

Next time you post facts, they have to be true facts and not stupid, made up junk.

Acer11

hehe.... some times wish they WOULD inspire a pokemon to be mature, adulk language, smoking, blood, gunss, conr=troversy, a suggestive situation ;), nudity, etc
it would actualy be a lot more cool than most peple might think..
although some pokemon (dark rai) really ARE more mature then others...
No, GameFreak is not going to put any of that in Pokemon games

Kirby Dragons

I don't really care about starters. Though a pirate starter to counter Greninja would be nice.

First of all, Skuntank is not a starter evolution, it evolves from Stunky. Both are Poison/Dark types; All starter evolutions are part Grass, Fire, or water.

Third, That is the stupidest fact you said. If those Pokemon can't be found in the games, how can they exist?

Fourth, I did not see that episode, but I'm sure Bulbasaur wasn't in that episode. And there are no similar situations with Totodile and Spiritomb. And Spiritomb isn't even a starter.

Lastly, the last fact is completely wrong, ridiculous, and stupid. Togepi wasn't introduced in the anime by a game, the anime makers did that on their own. And Pokemon Moon came out in 2016, not 1998. And that last bit about the Sega Genesis is not true.

Next time you post facts, they have to be true facts and not stupid, made up junk.
All those facts were true though.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor

r/woosh

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
I'd like an electric type starter, preferably grass/electric but fire/electric or another water/electric would still be cool.

Also who likes the idea of swapping the water starter for a ground one, still keeps the match up trio but shakes things up and we already have plenty of water types. I don't expect it to happen but the thread title asks what I want not whats likely. I'd also like a whole new type trio but I think they'd wait till after the finished the Chinese zodiac if they were ever going to do that.

Orphalesion

Plus the name is more inspired by it's sucking the life force out of something, doesn't have to be the other parts.

So what are you thinking for the design? A sorta vaguely "cute monster girl" inspired bat design? Being vague enough to work for both male and female Pokemon, but still clearly feminine, like Primarina (being a seal mermaid).
Or do you mean Succubus like in "Succubus and Incubus" and having a more gender-neutral design?

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
So what are you thinking for the design? A sorta vaguely "cute monster girl" inspired bat design? Being vague enough to work for both male and female Pokemon, but still clearly feminine, like Primarina (being a seal mermaid).
Or do you mean Succubus like in "Succubus and Incubus" and having a more gender-neutral design?

More so the idea that they are creatures that live off the life force of others. And they are portrayed as having demon-y bat like wings.

Acer11

Correction, sea lion mermaid. there is a difference between seals and sea lions, you know.

Acer11

And according to that video, the final evolutions from Generation 6 follow a somewhat theme: Brawny, Feminine, and Stealthy. (Chesnaught and Incineroar are Brawny, Delphox and Primarina are Feminine, Greninja and Decidueye are Stealthy.) So, my prediction is this: Grass - Feminine, Fire - Stealthy, Water - Brawny.