• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen8 starter Pokemon what do you want to see?

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
A starter based on an insect would be a nice change. Maybe it starts off as a walking stick and eventually turns into a flower.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
A starter based on an insect would be a nice change. Maybe it starts off as a walking stick and eventually turns into a flower.

It be interesting, but if any starter type doesn't need the /Bug typing it's Grass. Fire/Bug be the most ideal, but Water/Bug could be ok too.

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
Water/Bug should have been Masquerain, so I'd like them to give the combo to the Water starter.

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
This is for a potential Canada based region.
Grass: an Albertosaurus, with final form being grass/rock or grass/dragon. Or maybe something else since it might be little too similiar to Tyrantrum with one of those typings. So maybe Grass/Electric or Grass/Ice Instead.

Fire: a bison with the final form being either Fire/Rock or Fire/Steel.

Water: a beaver with the final form being either Water/Fighting or Water/Ghost.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I still think an insect based and a crustacean starter is due. Those are pretty much the only type of animals that have yet to be starters aside from fully aquatic animals such as a dolphin or fish. We have three birds, a cat, a dinosaur, two frogs, a mouse, a monkey, a pig, a sea otter, a seal, a fox, two turtles, two lizards, and a mud skipper.

Nockturne

Kind of interesting that we haven't had a dog starter yet, what with the whole "mans best friend" thing they have going on.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I still think an insect based and a crustacean starter is due. Those are pretty much the only type of animals that have yet to be starters aside from fully aquatic animals such as a dolphin or fish. We have three birds, a cat, a dinosaur, two frogs, a mouse, a monkey, a pig, a sea otter, a seal, a fox, two turtles, two lizards, and a mud skipper.

My most desired water starter is a crab..... But why insect? Aka /Bug.

Nodame

Misty <3
I wavered on it. Soemthing about it makes it seem.... Just barely off. It certainly be the pinkest starter we have ever had.

I've mentioned before but I'd really like a Grass rabbit starter (Budny) and think it could be quite fun.
We never had a pink starter. So why not..

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
We never had a pink starter. So why not..

I don't think I mind the pink.... I think it's the proportions of it that seem off the most. Sounds odd to say, it makes it feel not so much a starter, could work as a regular Pokemon design though.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
I would love to see an ant Pokémon. Let's take it a step further and make it a Fire type starter.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I would love to see an ant Pokémon. Let's take it a step further and make it a Fire type starter.

Exactly. Fire ant starter is so obvious it hurts.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
Kind of interesting that we haven't had a dog starter yet, what with the whole "mans best friend" thing they have going on.

That could work! A dog, a cat, and a bird!

Airin_

or Bunnie
Dog, cat, and bunny/guinea pig would work better in my opinion for a pet trio, I wouldn't mind a birdy friend either though!

Last edited:

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Dog, cat, and bunny/guinea pig would work better in my opinion for a pet trio, I wouldn't mind a birdy friend either though!

I'd be very curious as to what the guidnea pig would like after evolving twice.

Hmm....

Grass/Electric cat
Fire/Ground rabbit
Water/Ice dog

???

Nockturne

Mouse-Cat-Dog could be an interesting trio. You could have the types so mouse is weak to cat, and cat weak to dog (and then dog weak to mouse I guess...) or subvert it by having it go against the stereotype.