• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen8 starter Pokemon what do you want to see?

Hanto

Water Addiction
Nah, sorry, we already have a boar as Emboar, so the same animal will not occure. Before Gen VII I wanted a grass/flying hummingbird evolving into grass/fairy peacock, but they will not abuse one basic starter type combination next gen, they are too similar. Platypus is famous for poison claws on the male animals, thats why I want a bulky special oriented platypus-hadrosaurus combo with poison and sound-based attacks.
Speaking about Chinese Zodiac theme for fire type starter I guess that ungulates are next. Goat/Ox/Horse are very likeable, on the opposite, we had a Serperior for snake II gens ago and Mouse/Rabbit are the most meh ones.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Nah, sorry, we already have a boar as Emboar, so the same animal will not occure. Before Gen VII I wanted a grass/flying hummingbird evolving into grass/fairy peacock, but they will not abuse one basic starter type combination next gen, they are too similar. Platypus is famous for poison claws on the male animals, thats why I want a bulky special oriented platypus-hadrosaurus combo with poison and sound-based attacks.
Speaking about Chinese Zodiac theme for fire type starter I guess that ungulates are next. Goat/Ox/Horse are very likeable, on the opposite, we had a Serperior for snake II gens ago and Mouse/Rabbit are the most meh ones.

We have gotten 2 turtle lines so 2 pig pines isn't that crazy.

Also platypus are famous for males having the Poison barbs. But both genders use electroreceptors to hunt underwater.

DBK

Renegade Trainer
I still like the idea of a water/electric platypus. It's just more interesting and that type combo would make for a better design for said pokemon. And it could still be bulky and special oriented.

Zaide

Really? That's usually the most common thing I hear. It happened though. Is ox ox same as the bull? If so I want a Fire/Steel long horn bull. It be a Minotaur but it have to walk/run on 4's cause of the weight. It can still stand up and attack though. I imagine a Pokemon version of a bull like behemmoth from FF.
The only thing related to the zodiac thing I could think of was that four legged ox/goat with a metal armor. o_O

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
The only thing related to the zodiac thing I could think of was that four legged ox/goat with a metal armor. o_O

How about this. It's a 4 legged armored 'battering ram'.

Throw in some Pokelore about how in ancient times this Fire/Steel type was used to break through many castle doors, and you got yourself a fun concept.

DBK

Renegade Trainer
How about this. It's a 4 legged armored 'battering ram'.

Throw in some Pokelore about how in ancient times this Fire/Steel type was used to break through many castle doors, and you got yourself a fun concept.
OMG I need this now :eek:

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Batterram
The Seige Pokemon.
Batterram where used in ancient times to break into strongholds and castles during battles. With what they lacked in speed they madr up for with steel horns and armored like fur, they were seen as a ideal form of offense and defense.

Blaze HA:Mold Breaker

Hp:105
Att:128
Def:95
S.Att:55
S.Def:95
Spd:45

ThroughTheIris56

My idea for a grass starter final stage:
Origin: Utahraptor/velociraptor:
Type: Grass/Dark
Appearance: Like a raptor, but mostly green with black and brown stipes. Leaves take the place of feathers. Extended talons on feet, long claws on hand, two black horns coming out of it's head and a scythe on the end of it's tail.
Base stats:
  • HP - 75
  • Att - 120
  • Def - 80
  • SpAtt - 70
  • Sp Def - 60
  • Spe - 125
  • Total - 530
Moves:
  • Leaf Blade
  • Seed Bomb
  • Bullet Seed
  • Trop Kick
  • Horn leech
  • Night Slash
  • Crunch
  • Sucker Punch
  • Pursuit
  • Stone Edge
  • Psycho Cut
  • Swords Dance
  • Synthesis
latest

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I'm not sure if I've mentioned this idea before, but regardless this is a refined though for a starter I'd like to see.

Crabubble-->Crustocean--->Coralantis
Water--->Water/Rock
Torrent, HA: Fortitude (every turn S.Def is raised one stage)
Att:50
Def:100
S.Att:123
S.Def:90
Spd:55

Crabubble, The Foam Crab Pokemon. Crabubble are most comfortable in water, and enjoy spitting sprays of water at anything close enough out of the water.

Crustocean, The Coral Crab Pokemon. Living in the cleanest clearest ocean waters Crustocean spend their days relaxing. As they do Corsola and other water creatures begin to build homes on the backs of Crustocean.

Coralantis, The Reef Pokemon. Very protective and proud of the castle like Coral on thier backs they are seen as underwater protectors of any Pokemon that call it's back home. Anceint legend tells of a massive Coralantis that thousands of humans lived on. According to the legend it sank into the sea when it the humans that lived on it betrayed it's trust.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
A Grass starter based on a Forest nymph would be neat. Make it have a body that resembles tree bark and a long pointy nose so it could start off looking like a twig and then evolves into a tree branch and finally a tree.

DSDark

Breeder
I'm not sure if I've mentioned this idea before, but regardless this is a refined though for a starter I'd like to see.

Crabubble-->Crustocean--->Coralantis
Water--->Water/Rock
Torrent, HA: Fortitude (every turn S.Def is raised one stage)
Att:50
Def:100
S.Att:123
S.Def:90
Spd:55

Crabubble, The Foam Crab Pokemon. Crabubble are most comfortable in water, and enjoy spitting sprays of water at anything close enough out of the water.

Crustocean, The Coral Crab Pokemon. Living in the cleanest clearest ocean waters Crustocean spend their days relaxing. As they do Corsola and other water creatures begin to build homes on the backs of Crustocean.

Coralantis, The Reef Pokemon. Very protective and proud of the castle like Coral on thier backs they are seen as underwater protectors of any Pokemon that call it's back home. Anceint legend tells of a massive Coralantis that thousands of humans lived on. According to the legend it sank into the sea when it the humans that lived on it betrayed it's trust.

I definitely like the idea of a crab water starter, and since swampert has a 4x weakness to grass why not this guy.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I definitely like the idea of a crab water starter, and since swampert has a 4x weakness to grass why not this guy.

It's actually party of a hypothetical trio that all gain x4 weaknesses in final forms with final type combos.

Grass/Steel
Fire/Ground
Water/Rock

Bahmo

I say give us other types than Water, Fire and Grass. Not too long ago, I would have given up on that request, but in light of them abandoning that paradigm in the Let's Go games, and the announcement that this game won't be for n00bs, I say now is the right time for other types. Also, I wouldn't mind starting you with some non-normal moves right off the bat; then throw more challenges at players and have them utilize type effectiveness right away.

DSDark

Breeder
I say give us other types than Water, Fire and Grass. Not too long ago, I would have given up on that request, but in light of them abandoning that paradigm in the Let's Go games, and the announcement that this game won't be for n00bs, I say now is the right time for other types. Also, I wouldn't mind starting you with some non-normal moves right off the bat; then throw more challenges at players and have them utilize type effectiveness right away.

I'd be fine with going outside the normal starter types.

The original starter combo of Fire, Grass and Water is a "perfect" triangle, because in it, any given type is super effective towards one and resists the other. People are often envisioning new starter types based on this triangle, be it for new games, fan games or just for fun, but most only take into account what is super effective against what. Instead of a list of "one way" triangles such as those, I thought I'd give you the combos that are equal to the original starter trio. Do with the information as you will:

• Fighting > Rock > Flying

• Fire > Steel > Rock

• Ground > Poison > Grass
Any other combo is missing something in one spot or more or has an immunity instead of a resistance. In total, four possible combos is very few, but it's also a testament to the intricacy of the Pokémon type effectiveness system.

But since I'm here, I might as well list all of the lesser triangles as well!

• Bug > Grass > Rock

• Dark > Psychic > Fighting

• Electric > Water > Ground

• Fairy > Fighting > Steel

• Fighting > Ice > Flying

• Fire > Grass > Ground

• Fire > Grass > Rock

• Fire > Ice > Ground

• Flying > Grass > Rock

• Ground > Rock > Ice

• Ground > Steel > Ice

• Ice > Grass > Rock

Nodame

Misty <3
I could see several options for a Fire Bear starter.

Fire/Rock, based on a mountain bear.
Fire/Electric, a grizzly (some how using the for one of the stage names) that hurts fish Pokemon with it's electrical paws.
Fire/Ice, uses the to temps to cook or cool it's good to the perfect temperature.
Fire/Fairy, Ursa Major/Ursa Minor celestial bear?

These are nice ideas but we already have a failed attempt at making a boar starter aka the Tepig line. Having a bad design and color scheme. I don't think we need more of these especially when there are variety of animals out there to think of.

I'll scream if I saw another humanoid Starter in its final evolution. Delphox and Emboar were nightmares to me. We need final starters like Meganium, Primarina and Serperior. :(

Last edited:

DSDark

Breeder
These are nice ideas but we already have a failed attempt at making a boar starter aka the Tepig line. Having a bad design and color scheme. I don't think we need more of these especially when there are variety of animals out there to think of.

I'll scream if I saw another humanoid Starter in its final evolution. Delphox and Emboar were nightmares to me. We need final starters like Meganium, Primarina and Serperior. :(

They said bEAr not bOAr. I'd be okay with a bear starter.

and they aren't humanoid, at the most those are anthropomorphic but that's about it.