• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gen8 starter Pokemon what do you want to see?

Red and Blue

There's plenty of other more meaningful changes they could make. Leave the starter trip base types alone.
I mean chances are the Gen 8 starters will still be Grass/Fire/Water. But there's no reason why they couldn't shake up the formula in later Gens.

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
I think the starter types will be Grass/Electric, Fire/Ground, and Water/Flying.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
K, so this is what I'm currently hoping for.

Grass elephant
Fire bug
Water crab

.Aerodactyl.

I think the starter types will be Grass/Electric, Fire/Ground, and Water/Flying.
Oh I love this idea!!! Just thinking of animals to match...

You could do like a grass/electric girraffe and it's long neck is like a lightning rod motif?

Fire/ground I could see them doing like a minotaur pokemon maybe, or else something like a burrowing desert snake.

Water/flying, would it be weird if I said pegasus? I know they aren't typically associated with water but I feel like it's not too much of a stretch if you invent the right mythos. Something like they live hidden behind waterfalls or something. With the bigger emphasis on ridable pokemon that'sbeen growing each generation, they could market it as the ultimate land/water/sea travelling pokemon.

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
I was thinking the Water/Flying one would be a bird. Possibly a flamingo.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Just was talking to a friend and he suggested a Fire/Bug fire fly. Imagine if it evolved into a Rocketeer like final stage.

ShadowForce720

So far in terms of types that haven't been paired up any of the usual Grass, Fire, and Water starter trio breaks down like this:

Rock
Electric
Bug
Ice
Dragon(while there have been starters that when they Mega Evolve they gain the Dragon typing there has yet to be a starter that is part Dragon type without needing to Mega Evolve.)
Normal

Rated R

Flawless.
Apparantly one of the women that works on the game tweeted a water and squid emoji, and then tried to cover up and say she was talking about seafood, and deleted her tweet.

So pretty sure we’re getting a squid/octopus water starter.​

Acer11

We've got a frog/dinosaur, a lizard, a turtle, a sauropod, a shrew/echidna, a crocodile/alligator, a gecko, a chick, a mudskipper/axolotl, a snapper turtle, a chimp, a penguin, a garden snake, a pig, an otter, a hedgehog, a fennec fox, a frog, an owl, a kitten/tiger, a sea lion, and if you count Pokemon Yellow, a mouse.

Danhilt

Grass/Steel Giraffe
HP: 90
Atk: 95
Def: 90
S.Atk: 80
S.Def: 100
Spd: 80
Total: 535
Fire/Ground Serpent
HP: 120
Atk: 80
Def: 70
S.Atk: 110
S.Def: 95
Spd: 60
Water/Psychic Dolphin
HP: 75
Atk: 70
Def: 65
S.Atk: 130
S.Def: 85
Spd: 110

Last edited:

char_char

Beginning Trainer
I want the fire type to be the fast attacker this gen. A fast fire and ground rabbit.

EDIT: Whoa! I called it!!

Last edited:

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
The Fire Bunny looks like it could be another Water/Fighting type, but the Grass Monkey seem to have the same chance as well.
As for the Water Lizard, it could be a pure Water type.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
I like them all. Leaning more towards Sobble tho. Scorbunny is a contender too, but it depends on the evoution

Chimchar15

I'm torn between the rabbit and the monkey. Monkeys are my favorite animal but the rabbit looks cool and seems like he will be the fastest starter of the bunch. The water lizard looks adorable too.