• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gender Differences Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

denizenofevil

TO THE GIRLS:
How much is too much in terms of plucking/trimming eyebrows on a guy?
I would only have an issue if the guy was spending more time in front of the mirror than I was.

Guys and girls, what would be your idea of a perfect family life?
I imagine having a warm and loving husband and 2 kids, one boy and one girl. We would both work, come home (with the whole "honey I'm home!" shpiel), and all have dinner together. Afterwards, we would do the dishes together before sitting besides the fireplace to read to our kids. Then we'd both tuck the kids in and go to bed together. We would go to our kids' every soccer game together on the weekends to cheer them on, and of course, he'd be the coach. We would live in a modest house comfortably living within our means. On Sundays, we'd go to church. We would be a tight family and we would be able to tell each other anything and everything.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
what is the first thing you notice about a girl passing on the street or with your friends (HONESTLY)

Eyes, smile, overall face.

Boys, does a girl's religion affect whether or not you'll go out with them?

No why should it matter?

Tales Fanatic777

Cold as Ice
@denizen of evil's perfect world, oh god.... shoot me.... anyway...

to the ladies:

1. Would you want children? How many?

2. How important is it to you that a guy wiuld agree with ^ (if you wanted kids and he didn't, would you break up with him? or vice versa?) also... what if they were indifferent?

Last edited:

denizenofevil

@denizen of evil's perfect world, oh god.... shoot me.... anyway...

to the ladies:

2. How important is it to you that a guy wiuld agree with ^ (if you wanted kids and he didn't, would you break up with him? or vice versa?) also... what if they were indifferent?@@@@@

lol... hey, a person can dream can't they? I'm a pretty simple person.

1. As I've said before, I do want kids, preferably 2 although that might change when I go through child birth.
2. I would find it very hard to have a relationship with someone who didn't want kids at all. He wants more, that's fine. It just shows that he can be a loving father. It would bother me if he were indifferent though. I like decisive people and people who say "I don't care" really bug me.

Last edited:

ianflowforever

Coordinator Plus
By the way, I wanted to mention a few things, haven't really read past pages, so sorry if this is kind of a re-post.....

A difference that is easy to notice, is that, as it is said to be common, when comparing a woman shooting a gun to a man shooting a gun, you can notice, that:
A. The man, well, he doesn't care if he misses or how well he shoots it, he just wants to shoot stuff up
B. The woman, doesn't care about shooting things up, she cares about being accurate. She'll take all the time she needs, to make a bulls eye, she might even take a while to shoot, so to make sure she does a good job.

This is likely, because it's said women pay more attention to detail, and men, not so much.

Also, it's said that the reason why men are so bad at expressing their feelings:
"Is because the brain of a man is commonly noticed to where the part of the brain that is for communication is on one side of the brain, and the part of the brain that expresses emotions, is on the opposite side."
With women, the reason they are commonly known to be good at expressing their emotions is:
"The parts of the brain that are for communication, and the parts that are for expressing emotions, are both on the same side of the brain, this is common in females"

I'm a male, but I kinda wonder, since the whole brain thing is true for men and women, is it possible for a man's brain to be abnormal, to where his ability to communicate his emotions easier than other males, is thanks to his brain being organized differently?

I also wonder if it's even possible that a male's brain is organized similar to the common female's....

Tales Fanatic777

Cold as Ice
By the way, I wanted to mention a few things, haven't really read past pages, so sorry if this is kind of a re-post.....

A difference that is easy to notice, is that, as it is said to be common, when comparing a woman shooting a gun to a man shooting a gun, you can notice, that:
A. The man, well, he doesn't care if he misses or how well he shoots it, he just wants to shoot stuff up
B. The woman, doesn't care about shooting things up, she cares about being accurate. She'll take all the time she needs, to make a bulls eye, she might even take a while to shoot, so to make sure she does a good job.

This is likely, because it's said women pay more attention to detail, and men, not so much.

Also, it's said that the reason why men are so bad at expressing their feelings:
"Is because the brain of a man is commonly noticed to where the part of the brain that is for communication is on one side of the brain, and the part of the brain that expresses emotions, is on the opposite side."
With women, the reason they are commonly known to be good at expressing their emotions is:
"The parts of the brain that are for communication, and the parts that are for expressing emotions, are both on the same side of the brain, this is common in females"

I'm a male, but I kinda wonder, since the whole brain thing is true for men and women, is it possible for a man's brain to be abnormal, to where his ability to communicate his emotions easier than other males, is thanks to his brain being organized differently?

I also wonder if it's even possible that a male's brain is organized similar to the common female's....

that ENTIRE thing is incorrect.... flawed at best.... two words (well technically 3) hunters and detectives

ianflowforever

Coordinator Plus
that ENTIRE thing is incorrect.... flawed at best.... two words (well technically 3) hunters and detectives

Yes, hunters and detectives are an exception to many things often.

Also, maybe I need to stop watching animal planet's 'the most extreme', maybe I need to also stop watching discovery channel, and maybe I need to stop reading MSN articles (One about a good first date, that described the whole gun thing)......

I guess I'm just silly!

ianflowforever

Coordinator Plus
sarcasm detected.... I said flawed at best....

Sarcasm?
You must not know me!
I'm not really sarcastic, well, sure, I can be passive agressive, but, I'm not sarcastic often.
Every word I say, is often all serious! I don't make cruel jokes, act seriously to fake people out, and then say 'joking!', I'd rather people be serious, and if they're joking, it should be funny to everyone!
Sure, I can come off as crazy, depressing, spazztastic, random, and stuck up, even when I don't mean to!
I guess I'm also a bit naive!

I'm not good at using sarcasm, neither am I good at understanding it, finding it funny, or even detecting it....

My sense of humor is abnormal, it can be a bit cruel sometimes, though, I do find irony funny!

raichu2626

Volt Tackle
OH.... you need to clarify.... you meant gramers not gamers

huh?

Yeah mines kind of like denizenofevil. But I really don't want to do the same thing everyday, nor go to church every sunday. I'm catholic but not crazy into religion. I know one thing, my kids will be awesome.

pokefan

I'm sorry i'm just not as keen on out our perfect lives when i'm only fifteen

Just kidding ( for the majority here that probably didn't get the joke , the above is mostly one of the lines from the song crazy amanda bunkface by sum 41 though i changed the age to make it fit me )

anyway well i haven't planned out too much of specifics that i really care about though i do know i want to get married and have three girls and i want them to be name Lilly , Luna and Lucy . don't know much else really

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
To girls, what is the thing that men do on a date that is most off putting (and by that I mean manners, not like staring places you shouldn't)

ianflowforever

Coordinator Plus
Guys would you prefer to date a tomboy or a girly girl, assuming both were equally attractive?
Doesn't really matter to me, I'd be fine with dating either. The only problem I'd have with a tomboy or girly girl, is if their personality, is something that makes it hard to go out with them.

Do you think you should have a say in whether or not your theoretically pregnant girlfriend/wife/partner should keep the baby?
Yes, because, not only do I believe that my pregnant girlfriend/wife/partner should have the right to make the choice, but I also believe that I need to tell her my opinion. I'm pro-choice, meaning, I think it is up to the two of us to decide whether or not she should have an abortion, or if we should put it up for adoption after it is born, or even if we should raise it, which, I also think that she should have the right to have an abortion, and even if I don't want her to have one, or even if I want her to have one, I still feel that despite it being her decision ultimately, but I also feel that I should have some power in the decision.

what is the first thing you notice about a girl passing on the street or with your friends (HONESTLY)
I notice the facial expressions, the body language, and the clothing, all of this helps me determine a lot about a girl, like if I should even attempt to get close to her.

Not very much at all.

Do prefer girls to dress with tighter shirts and jeans and the like or wear t-shirts and basketball shorts?
I don't really care.

Boys, do you like a girl to be forward or to play 'hard-to-get'?
I would rather her be forward, I would rather her tell me if she likes me, I need complete and total honesty.

What do you expect from the girls on your first date?
I don't really know

Do you like muscular women?
I'm okay if she has some muscles, but if she is one of those body builder types or one of those women that is extremely muscular, I'd be extremely turned off.

What is your weakness with a girl and how do you handle it?
I often make myself vunerable, by trying to connect with her, via sharing a bunch of stuff.

Would you care if your wife/girlfriend made more money than you?
I wouldn't really care, I'd be fine with it!

Boys, if you were married, would you expect your wife to cook, clean and do the laundry for you?
Not really, but I'd be fine with sharing the work, or either of us doing most of it.

Is a girl being a tech-head fine?
Completely! That way, we'll understand the webcomics that either of us reads!

why is it so physically impossible for you to look at our faces rather than our boobs while speaking to us?
No, I'm okay with maintaining eye contact, though, sometimes I get a little distracted, and I stare off into space, or look away from her, I'm easily distracted! Though, if she is fine with me looking at her boobs while we talk, then every once in a while, I might be unable to maintain eye contact.

do you want us to be weak and vulnerable or strong and confident?
Either way, I'd be okay with a girl being strong, confident, vulnerable, or even weak.
With vulnerability, it's key in relationships, as, the more we share, the closer we are, and yet the weaker we are, say, a bad break up, and then she spills every secret of mine.
I believe that relationships, in a way, are vulnerability in it's purest form.

do you expect girls to pay for dates?
Not really, I'd be okay if she payed every once in a while, and other times I pay, or sometimes, we can both pay.

do you mean it when you say we look better without makeup?
Yes, even if a girl is extremely pale, I will still love her for her personality, for who she is, for her soul.
Sometimes, I kinda like it better when girls don't wear makeup, sometimes, I like it better when they do.
It's kinda complicated.

Guys, could you date a girl who has differing views on politics?
Sure, just as long as our views aren't too different that we're unable to accept each other's views....

guys - would it bother you if a girl wouldn't have sex with you because she is saving herself for marriage?
Not very much, but in a way, sure, a slight, tiny amount.
I'd be okay if she was saving herself.

Guys, why do you ask out girls who are mean to you and insult you rather than a girl who is nice? Do I honestly have to be mean to get you to like me?
Well, sometimes, it's complicated, sometimes, I love a girl who is kind, but sometimes, I like a fiesty, strong-willed, and even a bit resistant/hostile girl.
Girls don't have to be mean, or nice, to get me to like them.

why do guys keep their facial hair?
I don't know

If you fancied a boy or girl in school or somewhere, how long would you keep your hopes up, even if it didn't seem like you two would ever go out?
Well, it depends, sure, if it's a certain person, I can understand.
But, then there are the times that I am hopeless, because, the two of us, are so alike, so similar, that it feels like we're soul mates, and in that situation, I won't ever give up, because I know one day, it will be possible, I just have to wait.

Here's a question for the guys: How do you handle your emotions in a relationship? Do you suppress them and be a "tough guy", or do you just let them run free? What pressures do you feel in expressing emotion?
I don't know how to be a 'tough guy', so, yeah, I'm a bit emotional. I share my true feelings, I don't lie unless there is a good reason.
Nothing really pressures me, I'm used to releasing my emotions in general.
If anything pressures me, it's the feeling that if I'm not honest, she won't trust me, and I won't trust myself.

Guys and girls, would you ever be interested in having an online relationship? Do you think it could work?
Sure, it could work, I guess.
Physical appearances don't matter that much to me in a relationship, sure, at certain times, they can, but for me, I put value more in who the person really is, because, I find nothing more fun in a relationship, than getting to know the person, getting to actually KNOW who they are.

I have a question for boys and girls...if a person you liked smoked or drinks or whatever would you still go after them or leave them alone?
It really depends, because, well, I can't handle second hand smoke, because, after being exposed to it in the past, I can't breath around cigarette smoke, so, it really depends on the brand, because the different smells really affect how I can breath.

Question for gals/guys: Do you like it when he/she sees you and stops to talk to you, or just says hi, or walks past you?
Yes, I love it whenever the girl I like, passes by, or says hi, or even has a conversation with me.

greeneyedgeekette

Brains+Beauty=Lethal

to the ladies:

2. How important is it to you that a guy wiuld agree with ^ (if you wanted kids and he didn't, would you break up with him? or vice versa?) also... what if they were indifferent?

1. yes I want two :)
2. its not important to me at the minute, when im looking to marry and settle down it's more important, but i'm still young :)

SilentMemento

Lone Wolf

Hmm...I want a girl who would love me for who I am, and I'd love her for who she was. We have one kid (either gender is fine), and I have a steady job that pays a lot. However, it still gives me a lot of time to spend with my family. I'd live in a humble home, nothing lavish. I'd give my wife and kid all of my love and loyalty. ...That's as much as I can think of.

kingferret53

A duel well fought..
Do you like muscular women?
As long as she isn't muscle bound. That is...ew. But if she has some muscle I might.

Do you get jealous when your girlfriend has guy friends?
Depends really. Most the time, no.

Do you like a girl to be forward or to play 'hard-to-get'?

Forward. I don't understand the 'hard-to-get' concept.

What do you expect from the girls on your first date?
To be allowed to walk them up to their door (no kiss necessary) and for them to speak their mind on the date.

Do you think you should have a say in whether or not your theoretically pregnant girlfriend/wife/partner should keep the baby?
Yes, I should. Just because she doesn't want the kid, doesn't mean I don't. Women should consider guys feelings when making these decisions.

Are you really opposed to asking for directions when you're lost or is that just a stereotype?
I'm good with directions and hardly get lost, and I hate having to stop tho. Makes me look stupid.

Why are you guys so protective / sensitive of your moms?
I'm not, not really. Mine is an over controlling tyrant. As long as you don't hit her, I'm fine.

Not really, as long as she doesn't preach at me. That would get annoying.

Would you care if your wife/girlfriend made more money than you?

Not really, as long as she doesn't go out and randomly blow it on stupid stuff. If we're living together that is, bc she should help pay the bills.

Boys, if you were married, would you expect your wife to cook, clean and do the laundry for you?
If she doesn't have a job, yes. I would be tired after a long day at work. But if we both work, then we'll figure out a way to split it. If I don't work and she does, I'll do the house work.

Do prefer girls to dress with tighter shirts and jeans and the like or wear t-shirts and basketball shorts?
I'd rather girls to wear something they're comfortable in. Pajamas are fine with me, or a dress. Sweat pants. Blue jeans, Idc, as long as they are comfortable.

Is a girl being a tech-head fine?
I find intelligence attractive.

Why is it so physically impossible for you to look at our faces rather than our boobs while speaking to us?
Its not difficult for me to focus on the face. I usually do anyway, unless they're wear a shirt with their breasts almost popping out. Then it is hard, partially because I'm curious. Are they going to pop out of there or will they defy physics and stay hidden? lol

Do you want us to be weak and vulnerable or strong and confident?
I like a girl that can take care of herself if need be, but I'd rather do my job and protect her. If that helps any...

Do you expect girls to pay for dates?
Hell no. Call me old fashion, but the guy should ALWAYS pay. Its just polite and to have them pay even a cent is just plain rude.

Do you mean it when you say we look better without makeup?
Yes. I perfer your natural beauty over that fake stuff. However, I have seen a few gals that shouldn't leave home without make up on... *shudders*

How do you feel about a girl who doesn't shave her legs?

Umm...no. Go shave your legs.

Guys, could you date a girl who has differing views on politics?
I should care why?

Would it bother you if a girl wouldn't have sex with you because she is saving herself for marriage?
Unlike most guys, I'm whatever about sex. I don't care if I have it now or never. If it happens, it happens, so no, it wouldn't bother me.

Why do guys ask out girls who treat them bad as opposed to girls who are nice to them?
I don't like mean people. If you're mean to me, I'm liable to hate you.

Guys would you prefer to date a tomboy or a girly girl, assuming both were equally attractive?
Tomboy, you could prolly do more fun activities with her then, and you'd most likely have more in common.

Guys how would you feel if a girl proposed to you instead of you proposing to them?
Yeah, not going to happen. If anyone is going to propose to anyone, it will be me proposing to her. If she did do that, I'd tell her no and explain to her that I'm a bit old fashioned there.

Would you date someone who was born the same gender as you and then got a sex change to the opposite gender?
Nope.

Would you still stay with a person if you found out they had a sex change from the same gender to the differing gender?
Most likely...not.

What is the first thing you notice about a girl passing on the street or with your friends (HONESTLY)
Her hair, face, the way she is acting. Her eyes, and yes, even her breasts and the rest of her body. But first would be hair, face, eyes, and the way she is acting.

Why do guys keep their facial hair? Is it manly or something, or pure laziness not to shave? Do you think it's attractive?

In HS I kept a mouchtache bc I wanted one. And now...partially bc I'm lazy and partially bc I never shave all the way. I look better with scruff. :]

I have a question for boys and girls...if a person you liked smoked or drinks or whatever would you still go after them or leave them alone?
I can't stand smoking, drinking is fine. As long as they aren't an alcoholic. And I can't stand drugs.

Do you guys think long distance relationships are worth fighting for?
Yeah, you can't help who you love, so you might as well fight over it. Who knows when or if you'll love again.

Would you ever be interested in having an online relationship? Do you think it could work?
I'm more or less in one now, and have been since June. But I won't lie, it is very hard. I'm trying my best to find a job so I can go see her but jobs are scarce here.

Why do you think that if guys get with lots of people they are a player but if girls do it they are ****s?
I think they're both ****s to be truthful.

If a person you liked smoked or drinks or whatever would you still go after them or leave them alone?
Prolly not if it was smoking. Smoking is a HUGE turn off.

To the guys, if a girl gave you a love letter professing her feelings to you (whether or not you two have or haven't dated), how would you react?
If I didn't like her? Try explaining that to her without hurting her as bad. If I liked her? Be happy as can be.

When you're dating someone, do you think it's okay to flirt with other people?
Hell no.

Are you okay with your significant other flirting with other people?
See above. If they'll flirt, they'll prolly cheat also. No offense.

Do you like it when he/she sees you and stops to talk to you, or just says hi, or walks past you?

When they stay and chat for a wee bit.

Guys, I know it's not all of you, but why do some of you suddenly abandon your friends once you get a girlfriend?
Idk even know why guys would do that. That is just silly.

What do you think about guys being shorter than their girlfriends?

I want to be taller. Just think it would be awkward the other way around.

Why are guys that like girl things(music, books, movie etc) called gay?
Idk. I like Juno. Some my favorite movies are romantic comedies. lol

Are piercings or tattoos turn offs?
Depends. But I find scars a turn on.

what would be your idea of a perfect family life?
One without a divorce.

Question for the ladies.

Does your guy have to be calm and collected or can he be random and a bit spazzy? Do you perfer him to be cute or with an whatever attitude?

Example needed for the second one?

Electricbluewolf

*pours beans down the waterslide*
Question for the ladies.

Does your guy have to be calm and collected or can he be random and a bit spazzy? Do you perfer him to be cute or with an whatever attitude?

Example needed for the second one?

He has to be calm in certain situations, like if theres a bus hanging of a cliff with a load of old grannys in and were the only ones that can save them, you dont really want a boy running around with pants on his head singing the mario theme-tune. However, he must be random, like me, as if you want to understand random and weird, then you have to be random and weird!
I think -correct me if im wrong- with the cute attuide thing its loving everything you do? I would hate that!

Quest for boys;

Do you care on how you look? my friend says that all boys are tomato-stained jeans and out of date football t-shirt wearing ninnys!-i know this isn't true! But she says i need some evidence!

sceptileblade

-What do you expect from the girls on your first date?
A nice chat, not to serious because it would be the first of hopefully many.
-Do you think you should have a say in whether or not your theoretically pregnant girlfriend/wife/partner should keep the baby? Ah totally:p
-Are you really opposed to asking for directions when you're lost or is that just a stereotype? I'll ask but id rather not:p
Do you care on how you look? Yes, yes i do.
btw sorry if these are old questions but it's kinda hard to find the newer ones if there are newer ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.