• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gender Differences Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkinnySweatyMan

Guys, what is your view on girls with red hair?

Just another girl. Hair color doesn't make a difference to me.

Why do boys perfer the " Dumb Hot type" over the "Smart pretty Type"?

I have no idea. I ask myself the same question.

The stereotype question has been answered in every way that I would have answered it, so I'll leave it as is.

Girls, what do you think about guys with long hair? I don't mean longer than average, but long hair, like it's easily donate-able.

denizenofevil

Girls, what do you think about guys with long hair? I don't mean longer than average, but long hair, like it's easily donate-able.

I think it's ew. Donateable hair must be 10 inches I think that's way too long for a guy. If I ever married a guy with long hair, I'd probably cut it while he was sleeping.

raichu2626

Volt Tackle
I think it's ew. Donateable hair must be 10 inches I think that's way too long for a guy. If I ever married a guy with long hair, I'd probably cut it while he was sleeping.

lol tell us how you really feel.

Starlight Aurate

Just a fallen star
Deending on the color and curly or not, if it's only shoulder-length I'll like it. Straight, shoulder-length brown hair looks nice in my case. Most other colors, and if it's any longer is a turn-off.

Cassiel

Goddess of Mischief

I don't really mind, though I prefer short hair.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Guys what male stereotype about your gender do you find to be the most annoying and/or untrue?

All those stereotypes that dictate that all men are jerks/alcoholics/cheaters/sex-addicts/liars/etc. I really try not to be rude around girls, and never lie. And I can't say how I'd act in a relationship, because I've never been in one, but I think I would try to be good to her, and wouldn't two-time her or anything. It really makes me mad when girls assume the worst about their boyfriends just because of the men-are-pigs stereotype.

Guys, what is your view on girls with red hair? I'm curious.

Red can be pretty nice. I'm not especially devoted to one specific colour, but redheads can be pretty.

Why do boys perfer the " Dumb Hot type" over the "Smart pretty Type" ?

All right, to find that out, first watch a couple episodes of Futurama, and answer me this: Who calls people idiots more, Amy or Leela?

I can't speak for all of us, but I'm personally pretty frightened that a smarter girl might hurt me by insulting my intelligence. Also, I have this idea that smarter girls are smart enough to analyze the relationship, realize they're not happy, and end it. So, I might feel safer with the less intelligent girl. However, I usually prefer "pretty" over "hot", and am personally not attracted to the blond, busty, fake-tanned Pamela Anderson type. And I know that in the end, if I got involved with a girl I saw as less intelligent, I would start feeling comfortably dominant, and end up hurting her. So, the "smart but sweet" type might be ideal; someone who's smart enough not to ever truly depend on me, but one who would still stay with me because she cares about me, not because she depends on me. Still, I don't like the idea of a girlfriend giving me a phonecall/text message stating that after giving it much thought, she's decided that I'm not good enough, and that she needs somebody superior, and for this reason will no longer see me.

Girls: Be honest now: When you ask us how you look, do you want us to be sincere, or should we really give an automatic answer?

greeneyedgeekette

Brains+Beauty=Lethal
Girls: Be honest now: When you ask us how you look, do you want us to be sincere, or should we really give an automatic answer?

SUCH a tough question! basically be honest but be honest in a nice way

such as: I don't like that dress as much as *insert nice dress*
I think you look great but you could wear X jacket rather than Y

never compliment unless you mean it!

denizenofevil

lol... There isn't a good answer to that question. Good luck to you guys in answering this question. I personally would never ask anyone that question because I really don't put that much effort into dressing up.

Honest answer.
If my shirt makes me look fat, TELL ME IT MAKES ME LOOK FAT.
If my hair looks like crap, TELL ME.
Seriously. A lot of girls are extremely stupid and freak out when someone says their shirt is a little revealing, or their pants make them look fat. Really though, that's necessary advice. Don't be afraid of a reaction. Even if she freaks out and crap, she'll more than likely change clothes anyways.
We women are stupid like that.

sceptileblade

Better then black but not as attractive as blond or brown probably in the middle somewhere.

Starlight Aurate

Just a fallen star
Well, well well well well well well well.

Be honest and sincere. Don't go up to me and say I'm butt-ugly and that I ought to burn in Hell for the disaster of my looks, but just say I look okay, so if I don't, I'll know from my mistakes and won't do that again. Lying to us only makes us feel good.

And that's if you're good at it.

Rave

Banned
Guys what male stereotype about your gender do you find to be the most annoying and/or untrue?

Pretty much the same as what some of the level headed guys say here. The fact that we're looked at as guys who simply just wanna get in a girl's pants, and the fact that girls think we're dumb.

Sure, there's times where I think of sex here and there, but... I like to keep control, to show that I can be cool in times of tension.

And really, its mind pollution such as that, that has really made it hard for guys like me to try and be able to get into a good relationship with someone I like. And me being nervous and shy, really, really doesn't make things any easier or better for me either.

Guys, what is your view on girls with red hair?

I honestly really prefer brunettes really, but... I think it can be attractive sometimes.

Why do boys prefer the " Dumb Hot type" over the "Smart pretty Type"?

I don't. I have a bit of an intolerance to people I find and deem to be pretty stupid and dumb. I'm more for the smart and pretty girls really.

Do you mean it when you say we look better without makeup?

There's really nothing wrong with a natural look really.

Boys, do you like a girl to be forward or to play 'hard-to-get'?

I prefer girls to be forward. Playing hard to get is ridiculous. Sure, it proves your worth somehow. But its not always gonna be worth it really. And really, thru my experiences, I just don't like it. That, and because I can be very oblivious.

Guys would you prefer to date a tomboy or a girly girl, assuming both were equally attractive?

Tomboy hands down. I dunno why, but it would make the relationship more fun.

kingferret53

A duel well fought..
He has to be calm in certain situations, like if theres a bus hanging of a cliff with a load of old grannys in and were the only ones that can save them, you dont really want a boy running around with pants on his head singing the mario theme-tune. However, he must be random, like me, as if you want to understand random and weird, then you have to be random and weird!
I think -correct me if im wrong- with the cute attuide thing its loving everything you do? I would hate that!

I meant, like, being silly and funny. And kinda random. Such as randomly asking some strange question or making some odd statement. Or out of the blue complementing you. Not the 'loving everything I do' attitude. I'd hate that too.

And of course being able to be serious in situations like mentioned above.

Quest for boys;

Do you care on how you look? my friend says that all boys are tomato-stained jeans and out of date football t-shirt wearing ninnys!-i know this isn't true! But she says i need some evidence!

Uh...I like t-shirts and wind pants mostly to be honest. Why? Because they're warm and comforatable and it is winter. Come summer? T-shirt and shorts.

New Question: Guys what male stereotype about your gender do you find to be the most annoying and/or untrue?

That we are nothing but horn-dogs. Okay, most males are, but I'm not. I honestly couldn't care less. Or when, like, I add someone on like myspace, they think I just want to hit on them (females only). Um, no. I only start trying to talk to you for the same reason I added you. Because I like new friends. And as for sex, uh, don't even care. And not every guy likes sports. I hate them. Other then combat racing, which is illegal, and bowling. I'm not even sure if bowling is a sport, even if it is, I still don't watch it. I like to bowl. And I haven't even done that for almost a year. Then there is the whole 'guys stare at the breast of a woman'. You have a face, which tells me more information then your breast do, as nice as they may be. Now, if you have nice size breast and have a quite revealing shirt, then yes it is hard to focus, but even then my attention is mostly on your face, if you don't like that, don't wear low cut shirts. Or have smaller breast. Then there is the whole, "guys jack off" thing. Umm...once again, no. What would be the point of that? Really? I mean, seriously, I don't know what is sadder. That you can't get a woman so you have to pleasure yourself, or that you would pleasure yourself. And that is all for now. Needless to say, I am not like other guys. Wow, that is the longest rant I've done on here. I think. lol

Why do boys perfer the " Dumb Hot type" over the "Smart pretty Type" ?

I perfer the smart pretty type. I am attracted toward intelligence and I hate stupid people.

I think red heads are cute, as long as they have their hair neatly done and not all BLEH! like the stereotypical red heads.

Would you have a problem with your partner being Sterile, and the idea of adoption or sperm/egg donation?

No, we'd adopt.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
That we are nothing but horn-dogs. Okay, most males are, but I'm not. I honestly couldn't care less. Or when, like, I add someone on like myspace, they think I just want to hit on them (females only). Um, no. I only start trying to talk to you for the same reason I added you. Because I like new friends. And as for sex, uh, don't even care. And not every guy likes sports. I hate them. Other then combat racing, which is illegal, and bowling. I'm not even sure if bowling is a sport, even if it is, I still don't watch it. I like to bowl. And I haven't even done that for almost a year. Then there is the whole 'guys stare at the breast of a woman'. You have a face, which tells me more information then your breast do, as nice as they may be. Now, if you have nice size breast and have a quite revealing shirt, then yes it is hard to focus, but even then my attention is mostly on your face, if you don't like that, don't wear low cut shirts. Or have smaller breast. Then there is the whole, "guys jack off" thing. Umm...once again, no. What would be the point of that? Really? I mean, seriously, I don't know what is sadder. That you can't get a woman so you have to pleasure yourself, or that you would pleasure yourself. And that is all for now. Needless to say, I am not like other guys. Wow, that is the longest rant I've done on here. I think. lol

Agreed, I hate the stereotype that we masturbate to an excess. I pretty much never pleasure myself, and never to the point of actually making the gunk come out. This is one really annoying stereotype.

darkjigglypuff

Borderline Troll

Is it lonely up there on your pedestal?

raichu2626

Volt Tackle
^haha. Anyway what about the same question for girls.

Whats a stereotype that you find untrue?

denizenofevil

^haha. Anyway what about the same question for girls.

Whats a stereotype that you find untrue?

That we spend hours in front of the mirror putting on makeup. I'm a tomboyish kind of person. I don't wear makeup and at the most, it takes me about 15 minutes to get ready for the day.

Siriku

Beginning Trainer
-What do you expect from the girls on your first date?

I don't expect anything, anything that gets offered is cool with me though.

-Do you think you should have a say in whether or not your theoretically pregnant girlfriend/wife/partner should keep the baby?

Ultimately, it is the womans body, however, it's also my money, so if she wants to push a child out, and I don't want to be involved, then I don't want my money siphoned.

-Are you really opposed to asking for directions when you're lost or is that just a stereotype?

It's a stereotype. I tend to get lost easily.

Do you like a girl to be forward or to play 'hard-to-get'?

If it's too hard to get, naff off. It's really not worth the time.

Do you like muscular women?

How muscular? Chun Li is pretty hot. Look at those thighs.

Do you get jealous when your girlfriend has guy friends?

All of my girlfriends have had lots of guy friends, but I haven't been cheated on as far as I know. One of which I know has slept with a couple of my friends (not when with me, obviously). No big deal. I'm not that jealous. A little paranoid now and then, but I trust them.

GaZsTiC

Alternating
-What do you expect from the girls on your first date?

I expect them to be open and not be shy - for example if we went to see a movie and she didn't talk to me during the whole time or gave me at least a hug at the end of the night then there's no point going out with them again.

-Do you think you should have a say in whether or not your theoretically pregnant girlfriend/wife/partner should keep the baby?

Well even though it would be her body involved, I think I should definetely have a say in what happens. I would hardly find it fair if I did not want the baby but she refused to even listen. I hope I am never in this situation - I never want children.

-Are you really opposed to asking for directions when you're lost or is that just a stereotype?

Completely opposed.

Do you like a girl to be forward or to play 'hard-to-get'?

I like it when mixed signals are given and I am led to keep on guessing but when it comes to a relationship it really needs to stop.

Do you like muscular women?

No, I don't find it very attractive.

Do you get jealous when your girlfriend has guy friends?

No I do not get jealous in the slightest, I think its important to be able to trust one another. There have been girls in the past who have told me not to speak to other girls ever and do you wanna know what happened to them - they got D-U-M-P-E-D. They cried but its all they deserved. Although, I have been cheated on before - just 3 days into the relationship: how awful is that - but that's all I get for going out with the most sl***iest girl I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.