• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gender Differences Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

ianflowforever

Coordinator Plus
As long as their not ginger, It's fine.

What is so wrong with gingers? Or the ginger type?
By the way, what is the ginger type, and what is it commonly known to be (like what the characteristics are that classify it or one as one).

As far as I remember, gingers refer to white children who are red-headed, freckled, and such (or the like). I'm not too keen on remembering the details myself.

ianflowforever

Coordinator Plus
As far as I remember, gingers refer to white children who are red-headed, freckled, and such (or the like). I'm not too keen on remembering the details myself.

That pretty much matches the same description I've heard.
The only differences is the one I heard was that gingers are often pale or at a bit pale/or at least white.
The other difference is that the hair color isn't just red in general, because, it kind of refers to someone (this is what I heard in class from class mates one day), who's red hair is either darker than normal red heads/ a tad bit darker, or that their red hair: has more of a brown tint/brownish tinge/ (it) leans more on the verge of being classified as brown/brunette.

That's pretty much what I heard, the second part was kind of what I overheard from a conversation between two class mates, one whom told me what the term meant, and one who was actually a red head, that, when I asked him 'so, technically, this means your a ginger kid?', I ended up starting that part of the conversation where he argued that it doesn't mean all the colors/variations of red hair.

starwars

megacharizard king
i know i havent been on here before and i will answer some questions but i have a question first for girls girls how do you like the type of guys that play a lot of video games and love talking about them

That pretty much matches the same description I've heard.
The only differences is the one I heard was that gingers are often pale or at a bit pale/or at least white.
The other difference is that the hair color isn't just red in general, because, it kind of refers to someone (this is what I heard in class from class mates one day), who's red hair is either darker than normal red heads/ a tad bit darker, or that their red hair: has more of a brown tint/brownish tinge/ (it) leans more on the verge of being classified as brown/brunette.

That's pretty much what I heard, the second part was kind of what I overheard from a conversation between two class mates, one whom told me what the term meant, and one who was actually a red head, that, when I asked him 'so, technically, this means your a ginger kid?', I ended up starting that part of the conversation where he argued that it doesn't mean all the colors/variations of red hair.
Well, yeah, the part about freckles pretty much sums up "paleness" in and of itself, so I didn't feel much of a need to purposely point that out in the previous post (hell, look at me, I'm not much of a tan person for a northeastern Asian myself [though I used to be much tanner in California], but it's hard to even try to find traces of freckles on my face).

One funny thing about redheads/blondes/brunettes is that people like the Korean or Japanese/Chinese often want to dye their hair to those aforementioned colors, so much that main protagonists of popular shounen manga like Slam Dunk and Rurouni Kenshin both have deep red hair, and blondes and especially brunettes aren't much rarer, but a lot of westerners I know want to dye their hair black, including this fucked-up racist kid who used to follow me around with his gang of wimpy froth-level scum.

Never did get what it was with people who are willing to go as far as to waste several hours every month being exposed to that tangy smell of hair dye just to have a fake tinge to their natural hair color which they should be proud of. =/

Skull-Kid

Guys, what is your view on girls with red hair? I'm curious.

I love it. It usually depends on how red or dark it is but I so love it. It looks so good :D

Guys what male stereotype about your gender do you find to be the most annoying and/or untrue?

The fact that people think we just want to **** and get the hell out of there. That we don't want anything serious. That annoys me.

Why do boys perfer the " Dumb Hot type" over the "Smart pretty Type" ?

Some of us do. I personally don't. I think some guys go for the "dumb hot type" because they don't want to have to wait to do anything. They want someone that's easy and so they'll just go for them. Most guys just do it for practice and for braging rights, not because they like the girl for who they are.

They don't want to go for the harder to get "Smart pretty types" because they're smart enought to realise they don't wanna have sex until they're a proper age and to not be a silly 13 year old girl who is now "not a virgin and it grown up".

Last edited:
Both Guys and Girls:
Would you have a problem with your partner being Sterile, and the idea of adoption or sperm/egg donation?

Just thought I'd throw this out there, haha. :X
Personally, I'd prefer the idea of adoption, so sterileness wouldn't be a problem with me.

girls how do you like the type of guys that play a lot of video games and love talking about them

Being a huge gamer myself, and the fact that I'm studying video game design/testing in college...take your answer from that. xD
However, its great to talk about other things.
Like...food.

Last edited:

Electricbluewolf

*pours beans down the waterslide*
girls how do you like the type of guys that play a lot of video games and love talking about them

I love it! All of my firnds just look at me when i go on about left4dead,final fantasy,gears and many other games. Most of my boy-friends play alot of these games, and its fun arguing with them(I mean, one boy thought dirge of cerberus was better than the orginal ff7! WTF!) It better talking to them about games, as my ex-friend just bandwagon jumped every game i played, just to get a boyfriend!

Boys, do you care on how you look? My friend says that all boys are tomato-stained jeans and out of date football t-shirt wearing ninnys! I know this isn't true! But she says i need some evidence!

If you're asking what I think you're asking (do boys care about being clean), then I'd say it depends on:
A)Where you live
B)Whether you're trying to get girls

A)I live in the countryside, live the proper country way of life. I often help out on a few farms, so I obviously get dirty. If you live like that, you end up not being so obsessed with being clean. I have some camouflage gear that I wear day after day. Current record is 26 days (no, really). Hygiene and things like that still remain, though.
If you live away from the countryside, you often end up wanting to be clean all the time.
B) Self explanatory. When you try to get girls, you often go out a lot, so that's obvious.

Last edited:

ShinyPichu4Ever

Eye of the Storm
Do you care on how you look? my friend says that all boys are tomato-stained jeans and out of date football t-shirt wearing ninnys!-i know this isn't true! But she says i need some evidence!

I don't really care. But I won't go outside in something if it's stained noticibly. Also, guys liking football is a major generalisation. I for one hate the sport (no offense to any of you who like it). Mostly it depends on where you live and what kind of people live there. No place is exactly like another and the same is true for people.

Ethan

Banned
Boys, do you care on how you look? My friend says that all boys are tomato-stained jeans and out of date football t-shirt wearing ninnys! I know this isn't true! But she says i need some evidence!

I'm just going to say that the idea that guys don't care how they look is the biggest joke ever. At my highschool at least, when you go to the bathroom in the morning there's a line of guys doing their hair in the mirror. And I've been guilty of it a few times lol.

dark rift

Guys, what is your view on girls with red hair? I'm curious.
I like it, unless it's ginger. I have nothing against people with ginger hair though.

Why do boys perfer the " Dumb Hot type" over the "Smart pretty Type"
?

Personally, I don't like 'dumb hot types'. I'd prefer someone who can understand what I'm talking about, rather then someone who can't.

Guys what male stereotype about your gender do you find to be the most annoying and/or untrue?

The ones about them being sex addicts, going out to get drunk all the time (although there's some truth in that where I live), and being about one night stands.

Do you care on how you look? my friend says that all boys are tomato-stained jeans and out of date football t-shirt wearing ninnys!-i know this isn't true! But she says i need some evidence!

I don't care about the way I dress that much, but I do take care of myself.

Now then.. Girls what stereotype about your gender do you find to be the most annoying and/or untrue?

Electricbluewolf

*pours beans down the waterslide*
Now then.. Girls what stereotype about your gender do you find to be the most annoying and/or untrue?

I HATE it when i mention to people i have dogs and then they say'I bet you freak out when your clearing up after them'. NO I DONT. Its better for the enviroment, if youv'e ever stepped in dog s**t its horrible and its just responibility! I also hate if i stop infront of a mirror and one of my friends says'putting of your make-up again are we? No im not, cant i check my reflection once in a while. I cant where make up to often as it make my skin scar and bleed, and im pretty enough without it.

starwars

megacharizard king
Why do boys perfer the " Dumb Hot type" over the "Smart pretty Type" ?
i would actualy prefer the pretty smart type but at my school there arent any
-What do you expect from the girls on your first date?
not much just a good time
guys - would it bother you if a girl wouldn't have sex with you because she is saving herself for marriage?
no i wouldnt mind i would actually like it
Do you expect girls to pay for dates?
no i think we should pay it evenly
Do you mean it when you say we look better without makeup?
yes because most of the time make up looks weird
Boys, if you were married, would you expect your wife to cook, clean and do the laundry for you?
i would cook and we could split cleaning but i can not do laundry for the life of me
Do you want us to be weak and vulnerable or strong and
confident

in the middle
Boys, do you like a girl to be forward or to play 'hard-to-get'?
forward because i cant pick up any signs and i might make a mistake and think you really dont want me
How do you feel about a girl who doesn't shave her legs?
i dont really care i as long it isnt freaky hairy
Do prefer girls to dress with tighter shirts and jeans and the like or wear t-shirts and basketball shorts?
i would say the second one when girls where those tight shirts it makes them look easy and trying too hard
Is a girl being a tech-head fine?
yes i would like that a lot
Guys would you prefer to date a tomboy or a girly girl, assuming both were equally attractive?
tomboy because they are more relateable
If you fancied a boy or girl in school or somewhere, how long would you keep your hopes up, even if it didn't seem like you two would ever go out?
2 years then forget about it
Guys how would you feel if a girl proposed to you instead of you proposing to them?
i wouldnt mind i would actually like it better
Guys and girls, would you ever be interested in having an online relationship? Do you think it could work?
yes because it is easier faster and no tension and nothing is awkward

Last edited:

raichu2626

Volt Tackle
Would you have a problem with your partner being Sterile, and the idea of adoption or sperm/egg donation?

I mean I'd rather the kid be mine but if I was married to the person and really loved them I guess its not that bad

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
Boys, if you were married, would you expect your wife to cook, clean and do the laundry for you?

I plan to learn how to cook and I can clean well enough. Can't really do laundry, though. If I end up working enough for the both of us (or the other way around), then obviously the balance will shift, but there isn't really anything we can do about it.

Do you mean it when you say we look better without makeup?

It depends. I mean, the girls in my middle school are huge fans of mascara/eye shadow, as these are the first years that they've been really using the stuff. It works better with some of them than others.

I can't stand it if girls use a really contrasting blush makeup, however, I can't stand the "plastic/Barbie"-type face.

Guys, what is your view on girls with red hair?

fire crotch!

Why do boys perfer the " Dumb Hot type" over the "Smart pretty Type"
?

I prefer the smart pretty type. And pretty can be hot. Thats why I actually don't care for dating the drill team girls from my school....

We can't remember dates. (first date, anniversary etc)

The whole "Men are helpless without a woman in the house to clean up after them", and the one I detest the most is that boys don't care about anything in a relationship and just wanna get in someone's pants.

^ That precisely. A lot of men are not helpless without someone to clean up (my brothers are exceptions. We went on holiday without them, and they ran out of plates. They ordered takeaways instead of washing the plates).

I also hate the "boys only care about sex". I'm only 13, but I still find it annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.