• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gender Equality in 2016 - What Is Still Unjust?

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
Hun, you are just as sexist as the people you are trying to villianize.

Men and women go through issues. Women get hit on a lot, wanted or not. Guys die more on the job. Women have an advantage in court statistically against men when it comes to child custody. Feminism and meninism are complete jokes nowadays, with their movements being hijacked by the radical left and the... cringier crowd respectively.
Rape accusations should be innocent until proven guilty. That is how the law works, and is how it is interpreted. Regrettable sex is not rape, nor is it sexual harassment if you repeal consent after the act is done.
Child custody should be evenly split. You cant grow up psychologically normal without a masculine and feminine person in your life, and taking one away when neither parent is abusive or neglectful is a travesty.
Overall, i think each movement needs to fix itself from the inside, because as it is, neither one is anywhere close to being right.

If you think feminism is sexist because it focuses on women's inequality, you don't get it. You may get it one day because I used to think like you, but as of right now, you don't get it.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
Guys die more on the job.
Which isn't a gender issue. You choose your job.

Women have an advantage in court statistically against men when it comes to child custody.
Which has more to do with the overarching patriarchal system that stereotypes mothers as caregivers.

Rape accusations should be innocent until proven guilty. That is how the law works, and is how it is interpreted. Regrettable sex is not rape, nor is it sexual harassment if you repeal consent after the act is done.
While I agree with you objectively, what this statement lacks is nuance. The amount of false accusations done pale in comparison to the amount of times rape happens, and that is even considering how under-reported it is.

Child custody should be evenly split. You cant grow up psychologically normal without a masculine and feminine person in your life, and taking one away when neither parent is abusive or neglectful is a travesty.
I'm curious: do you know how child custody actually works? I don't think you do.

L. Lawliet

Black Ice Trainer
Which isn't a gender issue. You choose your job.

Which has more to do with the overarching patriarchal system that stereotypes mothers as caregivers.

While I agree with you objectively, what this statement lacks is nuance. The amount of false accusations done pale in comparison to the amount of times rape happens, and that is even considering how under-reported it is.

I'm curious: do you know how child custody actually works? I don't think you do.

dude(tte) i went through my parents divorce. i gaurantee you i know a hell of a lot about it

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader

Perhaps, but I think it has more to do with the fact that the woman deserves custody due to her carrying and giving birth to the child. Men deserve far less right to their children since all they physically invested in the child is a couple thrusts and some sperm. If men went through the same agonizing pain of child-bearing and -birthing, maybe then they should be provided with custody equality. But as of right now, that has happened literally zero times.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
However, your statement says otherwise. The judge picks based on a plethora of factors in what's best for the child. There is rarely such a thing as even custody. If they rule a parent is unfit or that a child would be happier with another parent whether it relate to abuse, drugs, alcohol, or finances, they will do that. It can almost never be "even". That doesn't mean the child isn't allowed to never, ever see the parent, but the only way both kids can evenly spend time with their family is.. *gasp* to not divorce in the first place.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Also when men actually try for custody they win majority of the time. It's just they never make the full effort.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Also when men actually try for custody they win majority of the time. It's just they never make the full effort.
I have felt that way through my parents divorce. Living with my dad eventually became the roller coaster that drove into hell.

It brings me up to this. Would a court be biased in favor of a man to a woman in divorce cases? What about a man suing a woman and vice versa?

Actually, the city that gave my dad the case also jailed a woman over a crime she didn't commit, complete with Miranda Rights violations, and choppy examinations of witnesses.

Edit: I feel that gender bias happens in the legal system. Take the athlete who got 6 months for a convicted rape.

Last edited:

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Edit: I feel that gender bias happens in the legal system. Take the athlete who got 6 months for a convicted rape.

This just gave me flashbacks to several things people did in high school...

GhostAnime

Searching for her...

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Wait.. what do you mean by this?

I've testified to this drama in court or to the principal before. Let's just say both sides said some things that were utterly stupid. That's as far I am putting it.

You cant grow up psychologically normal without a masculine and feminine person in your life

Who says this? I agree that having two parents is better than one, but not because one of them is masculine and one of them is feminine.

Sadib

Time Lord Victorious
I've testified to this drama in court or to the principal before. Let's just say both sides said some things that were utterly stupid. That's as far I am putting it.

Perhaps you phrased your post incorrectly, but it sounds like you are going out of your way to claim that the rape victim said some stupid things.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Who says this? I agree that having two parents is better than one, but not because one of them is masculine and one of them is feminine.

Agreed. I think it's more psychologically damaging to pass on the idea that you have to grow up with a masculine and feminine person in your life. Single parents can do great although they usually face a lot more problems than co parents like problems with balancing time and money for the children. These problems I think should be brought up with the government and they should provide increased children benefits if they are a single parents. Or give them add health benefits to help, or decreased rent.

Nothing at all to do with masculinity and femininity.

T.W.I.

Undercover Rocket
Agreed. I think it's more psychologically damaging to pass on the idea that you have to grow up with a masculine and feminine person in your life. Single parents can do great although they usually face a lot more problems than co parents like problems with balancing time and money for the children.

I also agree that a parents masculine/feminine roles should not matter. However I do think it's healthier if a child lacks a parent with a matching sex, that they have a close relation to an older family member of the same sex.

I say this as a gay married man. I in no way believe I would fail as a father if I had a daughter, but I would be concerned that she would/might want a more familiar confidant/mentor about the challenges of a girl growing up. I say this simply cause biologically men and women do go through different changes and pressures. ie. getting her first period and how to deal with it. I know only as much as health class and internet research can tell me. But I do not believe any of it amounts to advice from someone who went/goes through the challenges first hand.

But honestly, this can go the same for single parents. As you said, It's not about masculines/feminines roles at all. It's all about giving the child a proper adviser with first hand experience.

chess-z

campy vampire
The sad fact is that our (American) system is horribly skewed against woman and minorities. Asking the question "What is still unjust." implies that the OP doesn't know why we're still talking about this. Sexist statements will still be sexist even as we're fighting for equality.

That being said the science is in on having masculine/feminine parents and it turns out that gay couples statiscally raise happier and socially healthier choldren than straight couples. Now the reasons behind this are varied but it is my personal belief is that the subversion of the nuclear family creates a stronger place to grow up (someone please correct or disagree with me I want to learn more on this subject).

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Well this is the point that Gay couples often have to put in a lot of time and money to even have a kid, where straight couples can have accidents all the time when they aren't prepared financially or emotionally.