• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gender?

Status
Not open for further replies.

i'mblue92

water lover
For the most part gender doesn't make a difference to me (except for trying to find a female Combee :0). I don't like having a whole team of one gender though because then when you go against a trainer with Attract and it's the opposite gender it gets really annoying really fast.

youssef20138

1000 Years of Pain!
I have a preference for male, cause most of them looked like they are rough. For example Sharpedo has 2 scars on his fin.

Gedrixx

I try and keep my pokemon the gender that best suits them, for example, belossom looks more female then male thus I tried to get a female one

jaxonferz

depending on how it looks like. i mean a pinsir is an ugly girl in my oppinion

honey_clover112

tsundere full force!
I don't care about genders, actually, but my team does consist of 4 female and 2 males, so....well, actually, originally it was 5 girls and a unknown gender....-_-;

;006;

PkmnWill

PokeLover Will
I am really picky about the genders. Most tough-looking pokemon I make a male. Cute pokemon tend to be females for me. Except my female Hippowdown. That ain't cute. As for Flint's MALE Lopunny, I think that afro-ed man has serious issues.

ScarletCross

Embrace The End
My Dragonite is femme and so are my Garchomp and Flygon.

All 3 of my Raichu are femme (although this is coincidential). And I'll probably catch a female Buneary as well (because having a she-male Lopunny is plain wrong).

I have both male and female Infernape, so... :)

The one Pokemon I wish I had a certain gender of was Lucario - specifically a female one. Why? I want a baby Riolu with Blaze Kick. :D

ArchangelUnmei

Shiny Cottonball!
Most of the time I don't care, unless I plan to breed. This was especially true in DP, when you couldn't get Ditto until AFTER the Elite Four. So if it's a Pokemon I know I want to breed, like Vulpix, I make sure to catch a female. Other than that, I don't really care. My Lopunny is male just because I came across a male first. :D

I will admit that sometimes what I'm going to name it does play a role. For instance, when I caught Ponyta I made sure to catch a male, because I wanted to name it Mustang (after Roy Mustang from Fullmetal Alchemist) :D

Patman

Cursed shadow
I agree with Kabuto. Ever since they introduced the male/female pokemon i've always preferred to go male.

I know there is no direct influence on stats depending on gender..but i still go male

Apollo527

First Gen Trainer
For some reason I always get 3 females and 3 males on my team. >.> It's kinda weird. = These are the ones I use all the time. Never really had a prefrence though.

Status
Not open for further replies.