• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gender?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mli

Cykelpedal
i prefer the gender it looks like xD i mean, gardevoir should never be male. alakazam is male, hypno the same. mismagius has to be female ;)
but then many say that rapidash is female-ish but i say its so male... i look at the face i guess.

S.H.L

Blah just battle
i prefer the gender it looks like xD i mean, gardevoir should never be male. alakazam is male, hypno the same. mismagius has to be female ;)
but then many say that rapidash is female-ish but i say its so male... i look at the face i guess.

well here is a thread that I can appreciate. Bellosom and Vilplume are never ever going to be male that is just down right gay.

Bhen

I agree, some pokemon just don't suit being male/female My male Misdreavus is a laughing stock, he is good though!
:]

markomega

TERRORIZE!
Bellosom and Vilplume are never ever going to be male that is just down right gay
That comment was down right stupid.
Anyways..
I think some of the differences look weird.. like I would never have a female Alakazam.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
I refuse to get a male Milotic on D/P, the gender diff. does not make it look good.

Mario-Sonic

Former NSider
I recently raised a Pidgeot, and it's male gendered. Despite having the long feathers on its head, Pidgeot can be good as a male or a female.

Sheik

I don't really care about gender for most of the poke'mon on my team only one is my Garchomp When I was breeding a couple of gible I made sure it was a male I just like the way it's fin looks.

Sceptile Master

Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression
Mostly I don't care, some Pokemon like my Staraptor (was Starly & Staravia) and my Floatzel (was Buizel) I prefer Male. My Loppuny (was Buneary), it just kinda seems wierd having a Male rabbit mixed with a lady that has big breasts....
PS I am a female, I just like the Pokemon, not like I want to do it.

;176;~SM~

Dragon Rider

That's no moon...
QFT, male gardevoir or lopunny is just SICK

*covers her male Gardevoir's ears* DON'T LISTEN, SHIVA!!!!!

Anyhoo, I like female-looking pokemon to be males and male-looking pokemon to be female. Because it makes me laugh :D

The only exception is Camerupt ('cause of her humps. Her nickname is... Fergie...*shot*)

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
Gender usually isn't a big deal for me, the gender of my Pokemon generally is not a big deal.

Though sometimes I do want a Pokemon to be a certain gender. For example, I made sure that my Glaceon was female, but I prefer Pokemon like Machamp to be male.

To me, it's just strange if a girly looking Pokemon's male and a masculine like Pokemon is female.

~Aquarelle

larvitar005

I'm just myself...
Depends on the Pokemon I'm using.
If it looks a more feminine Pokemon, I'll prefer to use it as female, and Vice Versa.

I'll agree, because I'm using a Roserade and for me it's feminine so I use it's female gender...

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Actually, Roserade looks very much like a male rather than female >_>

Usually male for me....coz, unlike many people, i always counter female pokes and rarely male...

If its a female pokemon, i dont feel like battling it, but if its male, i get the desire to fight it

Prolly because the cool blue colour is very much better than that dull, boring pink

Its just IMO so dont flame me for this >_>

Rudol Ichiga

The chosen one
I prefer Female Machamps just like female physiculturist (sp?)

Jazzy

Typical
Depends on the Pokemon I'm using.
If it looks a more feminine Pokemon, I'll prefer to use it as female, and Vice Versa.

Amen. I agree completely.

BugLoverCody

Drowns in Cultness
I agree with the "it depends" theory.

For example, I cannot stand male Lopunnys, they just look wrong =/
Same with female Garchomps, Machop line, Tyrannitars and so on.

So I care about them to a certain level.

Status
Not open for further replies.