• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gene Simmons' son plagarizes "Bleach"

Vernikova

Champion
For some reason.

Wonder why he chose Bleach.

Just realized this should be in the Manga section. I guess this can be closed or moved or whatever.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I saw this in the anime section but I guess he copied the manga's concepts more than he copied the anime's concepts. It's like he just traced over some chapters of Bleach and didn't even bother to change much. He also claims that he's innocent and that he's never read Bleach before, which is such an obvious lie :S

Last edited:

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Lolwhut? Man, its so painfully obvious. At the very least he could have pretended like he had some shred of originality.

Its pretty much just a blatant copy.

Ivysaurus

ONYXceptable
Wow That;s just terrible, like Electivirus said, I mean go with something you can't find on ONEMANGA, no originality.

Zabi

Not really here.
It is one thing to get inspiration from a manga, but, just that is just plain stealing from Tite Kubo.

Although, Kubo is more interested in the fact that Gene Simmons' son makes comics more than that he stole from Kubo.

Tite Kubo said:
Kubo said in his second Twitter post that he is more interested in the fact that Gene Simmons' son is a comic creator, as opposed to whether there was actual copying or not. Thanks, maaya.
From AnimeNewsNetwork.

ForteAnly

Did he honestly believe that no one would catch on. That guy is dumb.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
KUBO-SENSEI'S TWEETS

From [info]tobu_ishi right here.

So, uh, from yesterday night until this morning, there've been an amazing number of messages from overseas fans along the lines of "There's a manga imitating BLEACH in America!" Well, I had a look at the site and I don't understand English that well, but I think what's written there is something like "It's a manga drawn by Gene Simmons' son, Nick Simmons."

-and-

The fact that Gene Simmon's son is a manga-ka disturbs me more than whether he's really copying or not.

Translator's note: (There have been a lot of mistranslations due to Kubo's use of the word mitai, which means 'something like', but which is a homonym for the differently written word meaning 'want to see'. If he's interested in reading Incarnate, he hasn't said so. Also, a lot of people have translated ki ni naru ('disturbed/worried') as 'interested' (ki ni iru). Figured I'd try and help sort that out.)
Always nice to read an author's thoughts as said here apparently people can't figure out if he means disturbed or interested. Either way it's rather funny.

Vernikova

Champion
Radical stated that they were going to halted production of Incarnate until further notice. Nicely done internet.

Thursday, February 25, 2010
Radical's response in regards to Incarnate
We at Radical Publishing, Inc. and Radical Comics, Inc. are quite concerned to hear the news surrounding Nick Simmons’s Incarnate Comic Book. We are taking this matter seriously and making efforts now to contact the publishers of the works in question in an effort to resolve this matter. We have halted further production and distribution of the “Incarnate” comic book and trade paperback until the matter is resolved to the satisfaction of all parties. Rest assured that Radical is taking swift action regarding this matter and will continue in its efforts to maintain the integrity and protect the intellectual property of artists throughout the world whose creative works are the bedrock of our Company and the comic book industry.

Last edited:

Lorde

It's very interesting. Plagerizing one of the most popular manga out there isn't very smart. I'd be pretty upset if I was Kubo, I wouldn't like anyone just tracing over my work and calling it there own :S

G.i.Я

well this is really an interesting issue, see, I understand the Kubo's reaction due the fact that for him this may not be plagiarism but rather just another dojinshi work. But the fact that Nick Simmons is not disclosing his "inspiration source" and recognizing that he based his works in someone else, That is just wrong

ryodragonite

Aura Fist
I think its kinda funny he copied the same exact positions like chads arm punch thing but switched the sides and the thing was all punching things and stuff. And that guy with the yellow eyes and scar. Even the same shadings are being used!

SmartD

This is very interesting. The artist just copied most of characters and scenes and altered them a bit. Totally unoriginal.

ShinyPichu4Ever

Eye of the Storm
The only obvious difference is that one is colored.

But seriously, if you're going to copy one of the most popular mangas in the world, at least try to be subtle about it.

Blueysicle

Master Procratinator

Rave

Banned
I like how he plagiarizes something that's not that great to begin with.

kinshara

Aero Head
So, what's the plot of Incarnate?

"From Nick Simmons, son of rock legend Gene Simmons and star of A&E's GENE SIMMONS FAMILY JEWELS, comes a revolutionary new take on the undead. They cannot die. They feel no pain. They hunger for human flesh. They are Revenants. Centuries ago, the Revenant known as Mot was worshipped as a God. Now, he walks the Earth in search of a purpose to his immortality - but when a secret society discovers a way to kill Revenants, Mot and his fellow immortals must make a choice: Hunt or be hunted."

Lorde

"From Nick Simmons, son of rock legend Gene Simmons and star of A&E's GENE SIMMONS FAMILY JEWELS, comes a revolutionary new take on the undead. They cannot die. They feel no pain. They hunger for human flesh. They are Revenants. Centuries ago, the Revenant known as Mot was worshipped as a God. Now, he walks the Earth in search of a purpose to his immortality - but when a secret society discovers a way to kill Revenants, Mot and his fellow immortals must make a choice: Hunt or be hunted."

So it's about zombies. How very original (sarcasm). He can't even come up with his own unique story, my God :|

He'll just buy his way out of this like most celebrities.

Last edited:

kinshara

Aero Head
So it's about zombies. How very original (sarcasm). He can't even come up with his own unique story, my God :|

I wonder if he'll buy his way out of this like most celebrities?

well its almost impossible to get away with this without money i mean he copied fan art so low...