• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Anime and Manga Discussion: Because Why Not?

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
A new Hidamari season wouldn't be the same with Sae and Hiro are gone, unless they just chucked a Seitokai Yakuindomo and gave no ****s about following a timeline and just jumped randomly back in time.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
A new Hidamari season wouldn't be the same with Sae and Hiro are gone, unless they just chucked a Seitokai Yakuindomo and gave no ****s about following a timeline and just jumped randomly back in time.

I heard they still have some focus, just not as much

Also, I went and found this: http://i.imgur.com/vXyrwNF.jpg

Goddamnit, Shaft I don't need those feels

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
If it's anything at all like the K-ON! college/highschool split it just wont be as good.

All I really know is that

Hiro and Sae colleges are next door and they live in the same apartment or something

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
I don't understand why more people aren't watching Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka? either

I'll take your word that it's good but I've seen a few scenes that seems a bit lewd. Am I going to feel like a pedophile watching this?

I'd be fine with that.

In the manga a new tenant got introduced but it'll be a while before they have enough material for a new season with her. In the meantime I'd want another season just to keep the show alive.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
The only scenes I can think of that would be in any way lewd all involve Chiya or Rize, who are far from pedophile material.

Speaking of Rize, I always get a little chuckle out of the fact her name is Tedeza Rize, and she is voiced by Taneda Risa. The similarity in the names amuses me.

Last edited:

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
The Bentendo OwEe is the best game system of all time.

Ha ha I just watched those episodes. Great punchline in the end. Sadly I might not be able to watch more Gintama for a bit, stupid bandwidth limit...

Thinking of watching Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru as well. Ever since I heard Chiaki Omigawa plays the lead character. God I love her voice. For those who don't recognize the name she plays the judo girl from Seitokai Yakuindomo, Nazuna from Hidamari Sketch and Phi from Virtue's Last Reward.

Xionea

Half a centaur
Ever since I heard Chiaki Omigawa plays the lead character. God I love her voice. For those who don't recognize the name she plays the judo girl from Seitokai Yakuindomo, Nazuna from Hidamari Sketch and Phi from Virtue's Last Reward.

I was about to ask if she played Phi's Japanese voice or English voice, then I realized how stupid that question was.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
I'll take your word that it's good but I've seen a few scenes that seems a bit lewd. Am I going to feel like a pedophile watching this?

Their hot springs esque episode had them wear swimsuits. I call that pretty safe

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
After reading the manga, I'm watching Speed Racer after so many years of neglecting it. This is probably my first anime, as I remember we had a VHS tape many years ago that involved a couple episodes about a car that moved on its own. Unfortunately, my memory's not that great, I just know I used to watch those couple of episodes we did have to the point the tape might've just given out. We own the first 25 episodes, but we never got the rest of the series for whatever reason, which is odd as I remember being excited when Dad came home with first DVD volume that contains the first eleven episodes. However, thinking back to it, I may have seen all the episodes on that DVD, but I never appreciated the anime. I don't know why, either, whether it's because it was "too different" from what I remembered, or I was just not that interested in it from the start.

It appears the first several episodes follow the manga pretty closely before it's all original work from then-on. The first two episodes were actually kinda fun to watch. It's so cheesy, and so dated that I couldn't look away. I took it all in, every single moment of those two episodes from beginning to end of the credits. It's so great to get a blast from the past, especially when it comes to the one show that defined anime for a couple of generations. I do have to say this, though: needs more xylophone.

Go, Speed Racer! Go, Speed Racer! Go, Speed Racer, go!

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer
Does anyone else find it annoying when anime sites do any of the following?
• Distort animes into the wrong resolution. Granted, I watched the majority of FMAB on WatchCartoons which squeezes it to 4:3 and it's still my favourite anime, but the quality suffered as a result.
• Effectively play English audio over Japanese footage. I'd like to learn the names of the voice actors, thanks. Not to mention that the Kanji that makes up those episode titles is meaningless to westerners.
• Only subtitle the songs once every two episodes, or sometimes even less. (*cough* Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood on WatchCartoons *cough* Utawarerumono to a lesser extent *cough*)

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
I think everyone's talked about just about everything there needs to say about CLANNAD, but if you want to discuss anything CLANNAD, go right ahead. One of us will hop right in. May or may not be referring to myself.
In any case, I love CLANNAD's ost; Town, Flow of Time, People and Shining in the Sky are amongst my favourites of the bunch. On the lighter side of things, A Couple of Idiots and Étude Pour les Petites Supercodes are both worth listening to.

"I want Akio to be my dad"
Who wouldn't

• Only subtitle the songs once every two episodes, or sometimes even less. (*cough* Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood on WatchCartoons *cough* Utawarerumono to a lesser extent *cough*)
• Distort animes into the wrong resolution. Granted, I watched the majority of FMAB on WatchCartoons which squeezes it to 4:3 and it's still my favourite anime, but the quality suffered as a result.
Differing fansub groups. If you're still concerned about the quality, then are you in a region capable accessing Funimation's videos? If I recall correctly, Funimation's streams don't have distortion.

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer
^ FUNimation doesn't work in my country, but I CAN watch FMA03 and Fairy Tail on their YouTube channel.
...I finished the former weeks ago and I didn't really like the latter.

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
In any case, I love CLANNAD's ost; Town, Flow of Time, People and Shining in the Sky are amongst my favourites of the bunch. On the lighter side of things, A Couple of Idiots and Étude Pour les Petites Supercodes are both worth listening to.

I love Snowfield, Distant Years and its piano version, The Place Where Wishes Come True (both versions), and Nagisa ~Parting At the Foot of the Hill~. Such a powerful soundtrack.

I hate you. D: I've been listening to CLANNAD's ost for the past two hours and now I just want to cry.

FUUKO-CHAN </3 ;__;

Let's join hands in a circle and cry like men despite being female as we sing "Dango Daikazoku".

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
To this day I don't think I've ever cried more than during the Fuuko arc. Obviously there were plenty of other scenes in CLANNAD that made me sob (the lost toy robot is the first thing that comes to mind, omg) but Fuuko's arc was like... prolonged crying.

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer
xerxes, your userrnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame ♥

I've never actually cried at anime before. Both FMA03 endings (EP51 and COS) were pretty sad though. But also incredibly convoluted.

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
xerxes, your userrnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame ♥

I've never actually cried at anime before. Both FMA03 endings (EP51 and COS) were pretty sad though. But also incredibly convoluted.

I tip my hat to you. B)

I thought the funeral scene in FMA was pretty sad. I don't think I CRIED but my eyes got all watery. Also the Elric's family photo. Hohenheim was so adorable I just wanted to hug him. :')

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer
I tip my hat to you. B)

I thought the funeral scene in FMA was pretty sad. I don't think I CRIED but my eyes got all watery. Also the Elric's family photo. Hohenheim was so adorable I just wanted to hug him. :')
I only found Elysia screaming genuinely sad in the Japanese version of 2003 tobequitehonest. Then again, nothing is as sad as the way you see it the first time...
Hohopapa wasn't cool in 2003.
[spoil]"Hey, I'm a terrible father, now sit back and watch while I get eaten by a dragon."[/spoil]