• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Anime and Manga Discussion: Because Why Not?

Jb

Tsun in the streets
And Aria the Animation is back

Another Aria anime entitled Aria The Avenire schedule for September screening inside Japan

wow, that's years already since I last watch that show

[img139]http://media.giphy.com/media/4giCclqeKt0QM/giphy.gif[/img139]

looks like the anime of the year 2015 has already been confirmed. that must be a record

EDIT: It would also be cool if they could get a manga going. That way they have some references going. I feel a little iffy about good anime no source material

Last edited:

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Hopefully its just an OVA

A remake would be amazing, though, because it was perfect

Weeaboo Name

Forum Refugee
Anime generals are always best threads.

Aria, really loved the first series but haven't gotten around to the rest. It has been years now, seriously.

As for the 4chan list, it isn't bad. Not too keen on Fate, AmaBuri or Space Dandy and I had no intention on watching Gochuumon. It really wasn't a great year.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
You know, we don't talk about anime licensing and distributing companies outside of FUNimation and Sentai Filmworks often. Can we talk about how awesome Discotek Media is? Yeah, I only own the Samurai Pizza Cats DVD, but that in itself is actually pretty amazing, because I don't think they ever truly got the master tapes for the show--maybe for the original Japanese, but I'm not sure about the English dub. Even so, the quality may look like VHS quality (at its worst, anyway, but nostalgia, man), but they remastered the clips the best they could, and I respect them for bringing back something as obscure as Samurai Pizza Cats and make that attempt to clean the clips up. I still think it's awesome they've been stepping up to the plate in getting the license and rights to release some old previously-licensed anime or even unlicensed anime, the latter most likely thanks to them partnering up with Crunchyroll. I think them releasing the Lupin III franchise put them on the radar.

Like I seriously just now found out they licensed Chi's Sweet Home, which I don't think ever got a North American release, and they also announced Robot Carnival, Vampire Hunter D, and the Street Fighter II movie (wait, I thought it was already licensed... though I guess this might be the uncut version?). Though it makes me wonder what made them decide to license something so infamous as School Days... but then again, I guess the anime does have an audience even if most of the audience watches it for the bile fascination.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
not a spoiler at all

Well, if you've watched an episode of Death Parade then it is, in fact, no spoiler at all.

I want to say he's just being sarcastic, but he's not listed on MAL that he's watching it (but it doesn't automatically mean he isn't). But it's not like the Death Parade thread has put it under spoiler tags, because, let's be honest, everyone on the show is dead or... not dead but aren't human anyway. Spoilers exist in the show only when it comes to the arbiters and their assistants, and maybe the final judgment of the dead.

Anyway, I thought Harada's death was over-the-top as I stated in the thread. Probably the most hardcore death thus far on the show. Though JoJo's deaths will always be more hardcore.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
So, Kizumonogatari is getting licensed in the West. My hype is unreal

"So does that mean the movie is finally happening?
Oh. It's just the light novel."

Come to think of it why did they even animate Tsuki before Kizu? I figure a lot more people would be interested in Kizu, no?

Nodame

Misty <3
Soooo.. Is the Monogatari series any good? Because I watched Bakemongatri and it was horrible in a good/unique way. Will the other seasons get any better?

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Soooo.. Is the Monogatari series any good? Because I watched Bakemongatri and it was horrible in a good/unique way. Will the other seasons get any better?

Pros: Cool art, cool story ideas, good voice cast, lots of dialogue
Cons: Plenty of cuts to still text, less later on, lots of dialogue