• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Anime and Manga Discussion: Because Why Not?

JustJeff

Through the Skys
So how are you guys enjoying the 2015 Winter of Anime? Any favorites how there?

Vinosea

Stealth as a Ninja

Of the new shows, the five best for me are Death Parade, Assassination Classroom, The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls, Saekano: How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend and Kantai Collection.

That said Yatterman Night and Maria the Virgin Witch follow close behind.

You?

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."

For me it's Assassination Classroom, Death Parade, JoJo, and Maria the Virgin Witch. I have to get back into Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu LOVE!, even though I have enjoyed what I saw. Same goes for Rolling Girls, and I found Juuou Mujin no Fafnir not bad. It's easy to watch.

I'm honestly pleased that at least with the selections I chose, I only found Military! to be really bad, though the others are just "meh". The winter season is decent at the very least, so there's overall a good haul.

JustJeff

Through the Skys
Of the new shows, the five best for me are Death Parade, Assassination Classroom, The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls, Saekano: How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend and Kantai Collection.

That said Yatterman Night and Maria the Virgin Witch follow close behind.

You?

Out of the many that i'm watching, i gatta say Junketsu no Maria, Tokyo Ghoul Season 2, Kuroko no Baskue 3, and Saekano: How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend.
I'm surprised on how many turned out when I watched the 1st episode. Good season I would say to myself~

For me it's Assassination Classroom, Death Parade, JoJo, and Maria the Virgin Witch. I have to get back into Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu LOVE!, even though I have enjoyed what I saw. Same goes for Rolling Girls, and I found Juuou Mujin no Fafnir not bad. It's easy to watch.

I'm honestly pleased that at least with the selections I chose, I only found Military! to be really bad, though the others are just "meh". The winter season is decent at the very least, so there's overall a good haul.

To me, I think this season's pretty good~ Many sequels to that of i'm watching that I enjoy. Although, agreed w/ not that many outstanding one-shots out there~

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Soooo.. Is the Monogatari series any good? Because I watched Bakemongatri and it was horrible in a good/unique way. Will the other seasons get any better?

i liked the series, not the best series but the unique humour is catchy when you get used to the style. plus the supernatural part of the series gets my attention. the biggest hurdle for the series is getting used to the scene cut style the series has.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior

The Rolling Girls' first two episodes were incredible, but after that there was a significant dip in quality. The story isn't focused on the main girls anyone, but other two-week side characters. It's been getting better with each episode though, I just didn't get the show I expected. I'd rather have more screentime and focus on the main girls, even if just one of them could take the spotlight with each city they go to. Give them some story significance and character development one at a time, that'd work out.

Now that I picked up Durarara!! I wish I hadn't. I don't think I like it anymore. The Japanese cast is a nice change though.

Aldnoah, like I said before, has just become an average mech show to me now. I'd actually rather have Earth LOSE the war by the end, that would at least make it interesting again.

Jojo's been fantastic and now we've finally got to the really good fights. It's all uphill from here!

Koufuku Grafitti is something that impressed at first but then later got less and less interesting: which is what I thought I'd be saying. In actuality I've warmed up to it. It's very comforting to watch, even if the eating scenes can be unsettling. Suddenly the anime girls grow realistic human noses. There hasn't been a dip in the animation quality yet either, which is something I expected Shaft to do by now.

Shiina is best girl.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<

hmm looks like every anime that i want to bring out already has been brought out'

as for me its ansatsu kyoshitsu/assassination classroom, saenai heroine no sodatekata, koufuku graffiti, rolling girls

i was also about to add absolute duo but i don't think most of u would watch that, since the show seems to be more of a fanservice style

Vinosea

Stealth as a Ninja
hmm looks like every anime that i want to bring out already has been brought out'

as for me its ansatsu kyoshitsu/assassination classroom, saenai heroine no sodatekata, koufuku graffiti, rolling girls

i was also about to add absolute duo but i don't think most of u would watch that, since the show seems to be more of a fanservice style

Absolute Duo doesn't even come close to The Testament of Sister New Devil in terms of fanservice.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Absolute Duo doesn't even come close to The Testament of Sister New Devil in terms of fanservice.

oh i nearly forgot, there was still isuca

i'm taking back what i said on absolute duo instead

on another news: it seems that the japanese are having a re-airing of yugioh : the battle city arc
hmm i've been wondering if this has to concern with the upcoming yugioh movie

source is from ann

Vinosea

Stealth as a Ninja
oh i nearly forgot, there was still isuca

i'm taking back what i said on absolute duo instead

Yeah. Isuca is pretty fanservicey as well. I think I've designated it as the show of this season that I will both insult and continue to watch. Hoping beyond all hope that it will get better.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Yeah. Isuca is pretty fanservicey as well. I think I've designated it as the show of this season that I will both insult and continue to watch. Hoping beyond all hope that it will get better.

Same here, I actually read the source material and they are butchering it in the adaptation... I'm gonna watch till the end but I'm feeling disappointed.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."

Same here, I actually read the source material and they are butchering it in the adaptation... I'm gonna watch till the end but I'm feeling disappointed.

I've not read the manga, but I chose to watch Isuca because it's ten episodes long and starts with "I". The fanservice is something I don't like, personally, but it was established from the start it was going to be ecchi, so I'm letting it slide on that alone. But even from the very beginning, I felt like it's just a mediocre, run-of-the-mill fanservice show. There is nothing special about it, it adds nothing new to the table of... whatever genre it's supposed to be, and I have a feeling some things are not going to be explained/expanded on. Needless to say, I don't like it, but more along the lines of "It's dull" dislike than "It's awful" dislike.

Chances are I'll end up forgetting a lot of it when it ends, and it'll just be another title on my list.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
ive read the Isuca manga a bit but i stopped reading manga online a while ago. i find the series is ok, its ot the best but i can watch the series without issues. it also would help me catch up on the chapters i missed. i dont mind the graphic scenes they show in the anime but anything aside that is so-so.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade

I'm only watching JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. There are, I think, continuations of some series I wanted to watch like Gundam: G no Reconguista (I think I got that right?) but I haven't watched the first parts of those series yet, for some reason. I'll fix that eventually. I mean, I'm still a week behind on JoJo less than two days from JoJo Friday. I done ****ed up.

edit: Oh yeah, I watched the first episode of Yuri Kuma Arashi, which was pretty ****ing bad on every possible level.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
So I finished the Parasyte manga before two in the morning last night, and while it's a good read with an... odd climax, I kinda wish I waited until the anime finished, because now I'm worried about what the ending's going to be XD. Well, more like "It should be 26 episodes, not 24". Madhouse has done a fantastic job of adapting it, though, so I'm going to try to not let it bother me and enjoy the anime as is like I have from the beginning. I honestly am preferring the anime over the manga anyway, lol.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
So I finished the Parasyte manga before two in the morning last night, and while it's a good read with an... odd climax, I kinda wish I waited until the anime finished, because now I'm worried about what the ending's going to be XD. Well, more like "It should be 26 episodes, not 24". Madhouse has done a fantastic job of adapting it, though, so I'm going to try to not let it bother me and enjoy the anime as is like I have from the beginning. I honestly am preferring the anime over the manga anyway, lol.

so that means that the wont be much for a season 2 of Parasyte? not that i dont mind but i like the series enough to hope for a season 2. did they follow the manga series very closely? thats probably the most important aspect of any anime series imo.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
so that means that the wont be much for a season 2 of Parasyte? not that i dont mind but i like the series enough to hope for a season 2. did they follow the manga series very closely? thats probably the most important aspect of any anime series imo.

They're close to the end that there's no need for a second season. The adaptation has been very faithful; there's little changes/differences, but it's not so drastic that it changes everything. I don't hear of much complaints about it anymore like I did prior to the show airing.

I'm confident we'll be getting a dub, though I don't know who'll be buying the license for it (I see Aniplex getting it, and I'm gonna be a bit sad, honestly, if that happens). If it gets picked up, I can see Johnny Yong Bosch or Brad Swaile being cast as Shinichi, lol, I dunno. Though if they do dub it, I wonder who'll be Migi, because I think that will be a make-it or break-it move on the casting part. I personally can see Mona Marshall being Migi, but I don't know how active she is anymore, and there's probably a better, more ideal voice actress (I'm sure it'll be a voice actress). We'll see.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
They're close to the end that there's no need for a second season. The adaptation has been very faithful; there's little changes/differences, but it's not so drastic that it changes everything. I don't hear of much complaints about it anymore like I did prior to the show airing.

I'm confident we'll be getting a dub, though I don't know who'll be buying the license for it (I see Aniplex getting it, and I'm gonna be a bit sad, honestly, if that happens). If it gets picked up, I can see Johnny Yong Bosch or Brad Swaile being cast as Shinichi, lol, I dunno. Though if they do dub it, I wonder who'll be Migi, because I think that will be a make-it or break-it move on the casting part. I personally can see Mona Marshall being Migi, but I don't know how active she is anymore, and there's probably a better, more ideal voice actress (I'm sure it'll be a voice actress). We'll see.

ty Kutie Pie. its a bit disheartening to see a great show end so soon. if the source material is rather limited that theres only room for 1 long season then its more than sufficient for me. keeping tight to the manga source and ending within a period that avoids dragging on the series is a good sign for a series. i just hope they down rush the last 2 eps too much.