• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Anime and Manga Discussion: Because Why Not?

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
I have no idea what the **** is even going to be airing this season so I will probably just watch JoJo's -- which is fine, because I'm pretty sure that this is the best anime that's not Gintama that I've ever seen.

It;s the best anime of the season. Probably the year if Rewrite doesn't get an adaptation.

so sayeth the greatest authority on all things anime

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Someone isn't watching JoJo or Ping Pong.
Or Mushishi

Or Gochuumon

All good shows but not quite at the level of No Game No Life. Episode 6 was the best episode of the season. Just like Panty and Stocking's.

Well, Jojo might be because it's adapted from material from a time when everything was good. but it doesn't have dat art

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
NGNL was... ok. It had its entertaining moments but in the end it was still just another fanservice show that tried to look smart.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Well, Jojo might be because it's adapted from material from a time when everything was good. but it doesn't have dat art

Wait, so the show that has several references to JJBA surpasses it?

I can't argue much against NGNL since I didn't watch it, the most I've seen is a plethora of tumblr gifs. The art style isn't a preference of mine (lot of sameface going on with the girls) but it really seems to have some good colour design. Stardust Crusaders however has even better colour design going for it with a pop art aesthetic. It saves that for the really impactful moments which is something the predecessor series also nailed two years ago.

However we all know the best 2014 anime is the second half of Kill la Kill so discussion over.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
I was both really surprised and happy with the LotGH reference NGNL had in episode 10 or 11.

But why does no one appreciate Mushishi? It's one of the most original anime out there, but no one else really watches it here

Anyway, what were people's top 5 shows for this season? That ended with spring?

Mine are, in no particular order

Ping Pong the Animation
Mushishi Zoku Shou
No Game No Life
Mekaku City Actors
Gochuumon Usagi Desu Ka?

Yours?

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Well, to be fair there are other shows that references shows that they are better then. Lucky Star does a lot of it.

That is true, yes.

Top 5 for Spring:

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders
Jojo Was The Only Show I Picked Up This Season

If Hunter x Hunter counts I'd replace 4 out of 5 of the slots with it. The ending of the Chimera Ant Arc was that good.

I'm having an absolute horrid time trying to find a watchable Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru so I guess that's going to have to wait. The good news is I now have unlimited bandwidth and can watch the rest of Gintama (after a whole month of none). Thinking of watching that Gochuudigimon thing first because Eternal Darkness won't shut up about it, what do you think?

But why does no one appreciate Mushishi? It's one of the most original anime out there, but no one else really watches it here

I just haven't got around to it. It's like Ghost in the Shell for me. I recognize it as a classic and I know I'll get to it eventually but I just haven't yet.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Mine would be...

No Game No Life
Isshuukan Friends
Tonari no Seki-kun
Mangaka-san to Assistant-san
Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?

Some people say Isshuukan Friends is too slow, but it's kinda like Aria. It's very relaxing to watch. Tonari no Seki-kun is a run-on from last season but ended in this one. I found pretty entertaining. Not more than Nichijou or Yuyushiki, but more than Azumanga. Mangaka-san was the funniest show of the season, nothing came close really. Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka? I enjoyed, but I can't blame people who call it generic moeblob #2632. It doesn't really do anything other cafe based shows do, but the characters are pretty interesting.

I alsol got a vita, so my anime watching time went down lol

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Thinking of watching that Gochuudigimon thing first because Eternal Darkness won't shut up about it, what do you think?

It's pretty damn moe, so it's definitely worth watching. That OP is also catchy as ****.

I just haven't got around to it. It's like Ghost in the Shell for me. I recognize it as a classic and I know I'll get to it eventually but I just haven't yet.

You haven't seen Ghost in the Shell? That really needs to change.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
I alsol got a vita, so my anime watching time went down lol

I watch anime ON my Vita.

You haven't seen Ghost in the Shell? That really needs to change.

I did see the standalone movie and the first episodes a few years back. I think I'll have a better time understanding it now that I'm older.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
My top five from this season? Well, of the ones I've kept up with on a regular basis this season:

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Because it's JoJo.

Gokukoku no Brynhildr - I find it to be better than Elfen Lied, in all honesty.

Isshuukan Friends - Really adorable (albeit with a hint of sadness), and the OP is one of my favorites from this season.

Selector Infected WIXOSS - Why do people hate on this show, it became amazing once it picked up. Is it because of the Madoka vibes? The hell, who cares? The characters are interesting, and the way it made card games that much more serious than Yu-Gi-Oh was rather refreshing. I'm so happy that it's getting a second season, though why it wasn't two-cour form the start, I dunno.

Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to - Was surprisingly charming for what it was. Aito was funny, I enjoyed his performance.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
While on the topic on of Anime we haven't watched, chalk me up for Ghost in the Shell. And Sailor Moon

Also the 3rd Madoka movie

Still pissed I was spoiled with the ending of that

Xionea

Half a centaur
My Top 5 were:

1. No Game No Life
2 Date A Live II
3. Akuma No Riddle
4. Soul Eater NOT (even though it's still airing at the time of this writing)
5. Isshuukan Friends

But to be fair, those were the only ones this season that I actually kept up with. Might pick back up WIXOSS since I keep hearing it was pretty awesome.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Gokukoku no Brynhildr - I find it to be better than Elfen Lied, in all honesty.

Which isn't hard because Elfen Lied was trash.

Also the 3rd Madoka movie

Still pissed I was spoiled with the ending of that

You did? Aw man, that's rough. Still a very enjoyable movie even with that ending spoiled, would recommend checking it out.