• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Anime and Manga Discussion: Because Why Not?

Haunter ゴースト

Deadman Wonderland was good, but it had no definitive ending. I wish they would have waited for the manga to end first before animating it, because now I doubt we will see a conclusion to it.

Yeah unfortunately it didn't seem to be popular enough in Japan for a Second Season so i'm planning to read the rest of it. What there was of the anime though, i loved it.

Janovy

Banned
So, I am rewatching Mawaru Penguindrum with my friend who's watching it for the first time.

We watched episode 5 today and I just HAD to share these brilliant lines with you all:

[IMG139]http://36.media.tumblr.com/3b67ef13c09c473376545e9df8dafdd2/tumblr_npp0d8DvtC1r2iinvo1_1280.png[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://36.media.tumblr.com/ceb5f4d55c4ef9279fe62f6aec01ceec/tumblr_npp0d8DvtC1r2iinvo2_1280.png[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://41.media.tumblr.com/9e265805941c3a1af6ccb44cf5455727/tumblr_npp0d8DvtC1r2iinvo3_1280.png[/IMG139]

Weeaboo Name

Forum Refugee
Seraph is awful. Would have watched it if they didn't timeskip after the first ep though.

Airi-Chan

Falling Roses
I am happy Yuu encountered Mika .
Show By Rock next episode reminds me when Don Battle first episode. It seems Plasmagica will colaborate with Tzure naru. I am still hoping for relationship between Shu☆Zo and Rom in the past story.

Last edited:

Nodame

Misty <3
I personally found Sakura to be very annoying I can't imagine why anyone who calls him/herself a fan of Naruto would want him to end up with someone as horrible as her. She did try to manipulate his feelings for her once she found about he liked her. Not to mention how she treated him throughout Part I even though he was always way more useful on the battlefield than she ever was.

Also, Naruto never showed interest in anyone, but I was pulling for Hinata and am glad how that turned out. Sakura and Sasuke deserve each other. They were, in my opinion, the worst characters in the entire anime.
Deadman Wonderland was good, but it had no definitive ending. I wish they would have waited for the manga to end first before animating it, because now I doubt we will see a conclusion to it.

I don't think we were watching the same show. Sakura is by no means a feminist symbol, in fact, she is the opposite. She constantly bashed, yelled at, and derided Naruto even though she was the truly useless one in the group. Throughout Part 1, she did practically nothing. Then there was her crush on Sasuke, which really was cringe worthy. She was madly in love with him for reasons never really explained. When she finally confessed, he responded by assaulting her, and that seemed to make her fall in love with him even more. Because surely, physical abuse = love. A feminist symbol Sakura is not. Then she guilt tripped Naruto for years to try to save Sasuke even though he was murderous traitor who showed no remorse for his crimes. She did not even acknowledge the attempts of the other ninjas who almost died trying to save her precious Sasuke. Sakura was just horrible all around.

Hinata might have been timid, but that's no reason to hate her. It's not like she went around manipulating people who liked her all the while pinning for another guy. Like a certain someone did.

Did you even read all chapters? :|

Last edited:

Weeaboo Name

Forum Refugee
No, I'm implying that this show would have been better if it was about an edgy 12 year old killing vampires.

diakyu

So what Fate series should I start with if I wanted to get into the anime?

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
No, I'm implying that this show would have been better if it was about an edgy 12 year old killing vampires.
Why does it matter if Yu is 12 or 16?
If he was 12 it would have been cute and funny.

I fail to see how it would've been remotely cute, because regardless if the time skip never happened and Yu remained a 12-year-old, the first episode still had small children being slaughtered. Even so, in just about the first five minutes of the first episode, the tone of the show had already been set, so having a 12-year-old going around fighting vampires wouldn't be cute and/or funny unless it was played for dark comedy. But they would've established that, too.

Weeaboo Name

Forum Refugee
Nichijou hardly sold so I doubt it. It'll be a final chapter announcement or something like that.

Or a second series done by some other studio.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Nichijou season 2 would be on of the greatest things ever. KyoAni, please make it happen.

seconding this one, i already miss season 1 after watching it for the past few years

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Nichijou is one of like the top ten things anime needs to be complete

As for the others

1. Dragonball GT recon (In the works)
2. Finished adaptation of Fruits Basket (Snowball's chance in hell)
3. Proper 3rd season of School Rumble (Never happening)
4. More Aira (happening)
5. Making Watamote at least a bi-weekly series. (Never happening)
6. Uncensored Hentai Harems matching To Love-ru quality (Unlikely)
7. Wolf Children: The Series (nope)
8. Madoka Magica Slice of Life (Possible)
9. Mass firing of VAs that got idol because of terrible characters. AKA Aya Hirano

Last edited:

Nodame

Misty <3
So what Fate series should I start with if I wanted to get into the anime?

Read fate stay night Visual novel (since it came out first, that's how they want us to start with) then watch UBW anime, and finally Fate Zero anime. This is the best order. If you can't find the visual novel for fate stay night than just watch fate stay night 2006 anime, though it is not as good as the novel.

Last edited: