• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Anime and Manga Discussion: Because Why Not?

Navin

MALDREAD

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
So Key may have announced Planetarian. They have an animated PV and everything, and unlike most companies, Key has a history of actually announcing things on April Fools

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
So, what does everyone think about the 2016 spring season?
I personally am a little underwhelmed. I'll probably check out the Ace Attorney adaption, but that's really the only one that stands out to me. If I get around to it I may watch Joker Game and Bungou Stray Dogs, they look like they could hold promise, but I'll see what people say about em before I bother.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy

It has JoJo so it'll be pretty good just on that alone.

I'm not really looking to forward to much else outside of that. Hopefully Pheonix Wright will be good. If the second season of Terra Formers is anything like the first it will be an overly censored and hilarious mess, that'll be fun I suppose. P.A. Works seem to like dishing out two or three bad shows for all the good they do, so Kuromukuro will probably fit right in there with the recently ended HaruChika, but I still feel I have to watch it on the chance it turns to gold. They really should just get on with Shirobako season 2 already, I'd also happily take more Hanasaku Iroha but I doubt that one will ever happen.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
JoJo Fridays are back, praise be to David Production.

There are DUWANG subs for JoJo... I may have to watch it twice now.

I don't think I've ever heard of this "DUWANG". Should it be something to look into?

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
I don't think I've ever heard of this "DUWANG". Should it be something to look into?

It's the infamous terrible translation for old scans of Diamond is Unbreakable. Started a bunch of memes like "What a beautiful Duwang" and "Getting a feeling so complicated".

Not gonna lie I think I might have enjoyed Space Patrol Luluco a bit more than the Jojo premiere (which was pretty much perfect). Only because it caters to my exact dumb tastes. And Inferno Cop was there so it's automatically best show of the season.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy

They did a Duwang subs of the PV as well.

Not gonna lie I think I might have enjoyed Space Patrol Luluco a bit more than the Jojo premiere (which was pretty much perfect). Only because it caters to my exact dumb tastes. And Inferno Cop was there so it's automatically best show of the season.

Well, I know what else I'm watching this season.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."

It's automatically the best short of the season (or two--I feel there'll be a second season). I'd be completely content with watching just these two for the spring season--too bad old habits die hard.

Also of course MAL has rated Diamond is Unbreakable so high up, it's in the top five. Although in this particular case, the otherwise-stupid community's on to something for once.

That was beautiful. Man, am I late to the party lol.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Diamond is Unbreakable was beautiful. And Space Patrol Luluco was great, too. The second season premiere of Ushio and Tora was possibly the worst thing I saw so far, and even that was pretty great

Shadow XD001

I watched the first episode of the Ace Attorney anime and uhhh....

Also picked up Jojo. Part 4 is giving off some Part 2 vibes, based on the first episode.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I watched the first episode of the Ace Attorney anime and uhhh....

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that. I've never played the games, I know very little about it, but I felt something was off with the first episode--considering this is A-1 Pictures we're talking about, I'm not surprised. Outside of that, the biggest thing that bothered me was the shoddy animation, like ew.

Spring season's getting off to a nice start despite that and the second season of Asterisk War. (And in a way, Terra Formars Revenge was "meh". Style changed, which was jarring.)

Shadow XD001

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that. I've never played the games, I know very little about it, but I felt something was off with the first episode--considering this is A-1 Pictures we're talking about, I'm not surprised. Outside of that, the biggest thing that bothered me was the shoddy animation, like ew.

The animation was terrible. However, the dialogue was faithful. Music was alright. I highly recommend playing the games.

Navin

MALDREAD
I personally am a little underwhelmed. I'll probably check out the Ace Attorney adaption, but that's really the only one that stands out to me. If I get around to it I may watch Joker Game and Bungou Stray Dogs, they look like they could hold promise, but I'll see what people say about em before I bother.

I'm hoping this ends up being good: http://myanimelist.net/anime/28623/Koutetsujou_no_Kabaneri

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Last edited:

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
I gotta say, I wasn't as wowed as I thought I was gonna be with AA, but given their source material, I don't really see any other way they could have done it. That being said, I love the games and the franchise in general, so I'll probably keep watching it.

...Kinda...sounds like a ripoff of Attack on Titan to me...