• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Anime and Manga Discussion: Because Why Not?

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
tfw sao gets a live-action tv series but neither noragami nor no game no life get a second season... kill me

Noragami has a second season. I haven't seen it yet to see if it needs a third season, though.

Also, when did Media Blasters suddenly decide to start doing dubs? I wouldn't be complaining except the last dub I heard from them was Holy Knight, which was atrocious.

Last edited:

kanrasan

Noragami has a second season. I haven't seen it yet to see if it needs a third season, though.

Also, when did Media Blasters suddenly decide to start doing dubs? I wouldn't be complaining except the last dub I heard from them was Holy Knight, which was atrocious.

Sorry, meant to say third season lol. Also I would recommend checking out the second season, since imo it is a bit better than the first.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Noragami doesn't really need a second season, but the manga does still continue beyond what the anime has covered thus far.

As for the SAO thing, I have read the Light Novels and I will say, that I just view the show as a mediocre adaptation of the books. Granted, I still don't think it deserves all the hate it got, but whatevs. I am looking forward to the upcoming movie and live action adaptation (Yes, that one, I am very expecting to suck, but here's hoping) And Death Note cannot get here fast enough.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
I'm both glad and sad I skipped Jojo Part 4 in the manga, glad because it's nice not knowing how anything is going to turn out, and sad for the same reason. Episode 24 was pretty good and I can't wait to see where the series goes from here

Born Better

God of Lightning
Sword Art Online is getting a live-action TV series... by an American production company.

[img139]http://66.media.tumblr.com/a98f817dd61456c0f811b82ad5f21513/tumblr_inline_oauxhxdtgc1ren8l7_500.gif[/img139]
There are just so many things wrong with this.

"Inventive and masterful storytelling"
*Universalryoma.gif*

I don't even hate SAO, but this is just bad.

Next to Pokemon XYZ summon, Arslan(can't remember the full title) is easily my favorite thing I've watched this year.

Last edited:

phanpycross

God-king
A liveaction adaptation of JOJO: Diamond is Unbreakable.

On one hand, I dont have to wait for liveaction Killer queen. On the other, literally every other part seems like it would be easier to adapt.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
A liveaction adaptation of JOJO: Diamond is Unbreakable.

On one hand, I dont have to wait for liveaction Killer queen. On the other, literally every other part seems like it would be easier to adapt.

Really? I thought it made sense, since the majority of Part 4's cast is Japanese.

I'm excited because it's my favourite Jojo part.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Anyone got opinions on Flip Flappers.

Navin

MALDREAD
There are just so many things wrong with this.

"Inventive and masterful storytelling"
*Universalryoma.gif*

I don't even hate SAO, but this is just bad.

Next to Pokemon XYZ summon, Arslan(can't remember the full title) is easily my favorite thing I've watched this year.

Well they'd have to increase focus on the male cast, because Kirito and his harem wouldn't translate well for an American audience. Also, the budget is going to have to be pretty big, especially if they want to show a sweeping fantasy world with monsters.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Anyone got opinions on Flip Flappers.

Gosh, isn't it the best.

There are so many strong shows this season. This is easily the best season in a few years.

But Flip Flappers came outta nowhere man. I came in for a kind of stylish original series that I didn't know much about and I got an extremely stylish, fun, well-animated, just all around great show. It's had enough plot hooks and mysteries going on to keep me hooked and I look forward to it every week. It's the sort of thing that looks like a Trigger series, and it has that sensibility to know when to skip filler, but at the same time it's explicitly not Trigger which gets rid of that expectation of how things will progress and unfold.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Not sure how I feel about this. Code Geass' ending was as good as it gets. Something that shouldn't be touched IMO.
Hopefully they don't ruin this franchise just for money

[IMG139]http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b633/lilbird92/sunrise_zpstpe7zc8d.gif[/IMG139]

Well why else would you bring back a popular franchise starring only characters that everyone loves? Toei does it all the time for nostalgia value, so why not Sunrise?

Wait, I'd be able to properly say that if they chose to bring back Cowboy Bebop or Escaflowne.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Not sure how I feel about this. Code Geass' ending was as good as it gets. Something that shouldn't be touched IMO.

Same here. That's why I didn't bother with Akito the Exiled. If actual Code Geass is coming back I guess I need to finally see it.

Also something Panty & Stocking got teasted on Gainax's twitter. "Not pachinko. Not a pachislot. Not a social network game. Not Blu-ray. It will be officially announced on December 16."
With Imaishi gone is there any point?

Akashin

I suppose we'll find out. There's also the compilation movies of the first two seasons coming out that may or may not shift things around to better explain how this third season will work.

With that said, I for one welcome any opportunity to do away with the original ending of, "The guy who made an enemy of the world is dead, so let's all hold hands." (assuming that whatever this new season gives us isn't worse, which is entirely possible) It was a fitting end for Lelouch as a character, but I can't say the same of it being a fitting ending for the series as a whole.