• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Anime news

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
This thread is for anime announcements made by anime publishers and companies. Like "Weekly Shonen Jump Alpha" getting a digital magazine.

The news

For those of you who don't know, Hunter X Hunter has a 2011 anime remake already started. Also Gundam Age has started airing since last week. So make sure to watch them if you are a fan.

Last edited:

Jb

Tsun in the streets
This...is actually a good ideal. I don't think too many keep up with anime news though, but I'll post when ever I hear something.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Funimation and NicoNico did some "manly combining" recently to make Funico. [source]

Edit: Shonen JUMP in America is giving up on print and will be releasing manga online with Shonen JUMP Alpha. [source]

Finally, Madoka's dub will be having volume 1 released on Feb 14th. [source]

Last edited:

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Funimation and NicoNico did some "manly combining" recently to make Funico. [source]
Nice move, a larger company that will be able to create more.

Edit: Shonen JUMP in America is giving up on print and will be releasing manga online with Shonen JUMP Alpha. [source]
W00t! Save the trees!

Finally, Madoka's dub will be having volume 1 released on Feb 14th. [source]
Do I care? No. Happy Valentine's day you all.

Good idea for a thread but I doubt I'll come in much or give information for that matter. I will promise to praise whoever posts "Longtime shonen manga, (insert title of the work here) is going to end on (insert exact date)".

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
I will promise to praise whoever posts "Longtime shonen manga, (insert title of the work here) is going to end on (insert exact date)".

Longtime shonen manga, Naruto is going to end on Wednesday October 4th 2011.

8D

In actual news (this may be a little old), Hideo Kojima (Metal Gear Solid) and Chiyomaru Shikura (Steins;Gate) are making a game/anime together. *nerdgasm* [source]

Chris

Old Coot
I wonder if they'll still make graphic novels. It's a little sad though that they will stop printing magazines.
Graphic novels will continue to be printed. It's just Shonen Jump that's being discontinued.

Which is really stupid. I'd rather they put their current stuff on the Weekly Shonen Jump and rebrand the print one as Monthly Shonen Jump, with either manga that have completed runs in Japan and can afford to be shown monthly, or manga that appears in the monthly Jumps in Japan.

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi will be getting an OVA made for the series.

I'm very excited about this news since it might mean that another season for the anime or a remake which I'm really hopeing for to happen.

[IMG200]http://www.ipicstorage.com/wp-content/uploads/historys-strongest-disciple-kenichi-cast-wallpaper.jpg[/IMG200]

The best semi-normal martial arts series yet IMO so start reading/watching the series if you haven't already!

Mewtwo152

Not dead yet.
I'd rather they put their current stuff on the Weekly Shonen Jump and rebrand the print one as Monthly Shonen Jump, with either manga that have completed runs in Japan and can afford to be shown monthly, or manga that appears in the monthly Jumps in Japan.
That's kind of what I was hoping when I first about Viz doing a digital Weekly Jump, but alas. I thought it would benefit Viz to try and push other series, bolster sales, as the most popular ones seem to be the ones they print in SJ currently.

Servers are down. Dang it.

TicoPokemonMaster

Mmm...anyways guys, which American movies adapted from comics fail more, those based off of American comics, European comics, or Japanese comics?

I think that the movie industry should have taking Super Mario Bros the movie as a prime example of why video games and comic/anime should not be live action films. It really never lives up to the expectations of some fans. The only movies I know are the limited exception to this rule are Superman, Batman,James Bond, and Spiderman. Anyone feel free to add one if I missed any.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Mmm...anyways guys, which American movies adapted from comics fail more, those based off of American comics, European comics, or Japanese comics?

It's a non contest, for American comics you have The Dark Knight, Captain America, Iron Man etc. For Anime/Manga additions we have, Dragon Ball Evolution.......

TicoPokemonMaster

It's a non contest, for American comics you have The Dark Knight, Captain America, Iron Man etc. For Anime/Manga additions we have, Dragon Ball Evolution.......

I may be wrong but wasn't Dark Knight critically acclaim, especially for Heath Ledger(forgot how to spell his last name)'s interpretation of the Joker.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
I think that the movie industry should have taking Super Mario Bros the movie as a prime example of why video games and comic/anime should not be live action films. It really never lives up to the expectations of some fans. The only movies I know are the limited exception to this rule are Superman, Batman,James Bond, and Spiderman. Anyone feel free to add one if I missed any.

If Super Mario Bros. wasn't a big enough sign, then surely Dragon Ball Evolution and The Last Air Bender should have been, they were just terrible.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
I may be wrong but wasn't Dark Knight critically acclaim, especially for Heath Ledger(forgot how to spell his last name)'s interpretation of the Joker.

Which was my point, the three films I mentioned we all very good, Dragon Ball Evolution on the other hand was absolute garbage.